Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Pope Francis Fires Catholic Bishop (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179429)

classhandicapper 11-11-2023 12:06 PM

Pope Francis Fires Catholic Bishop

God's supposed representative in the Vatican fired a Catholic Bishop in Texas because he's too conservative and has been criticizing the Pope.

https://www.wsj.com/us-news/pope-fra...ishop-a32d7caa

It doesn't matter what you personally think on these issues, Catholic doctrine is pretty clear. Religion is not politics or a popularity contest. You don't get to change rules that supposedly came from God because you want to be more popular with the globalists, Marxists, and the left around the world. You fight for what you believe in and try to win hearts and minds to your positions.

I'm not a religious guy, but I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic grade school with the priests and nuns. If I was religious, I'd hand in my Catholic card and join some protestant group or some kind of new Catholic break away group.

JustRalph 11-11-2023 01:10 PM

This pope is just another Biden with a funny hat

Inner Dirt 11-11-2023 01:11 PM

Unfortunately liberal politics are spreading like an aggressive form of cancer
into areas they do not belong and Republican leaders do not seem to want to step up and stop it. It is now a stage 4 cancer.

Tor Ekman 11-11-2023 02:08 PM

Francis is a faux Pope

dnlgfnk 11-11-2023 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classhandicapper (Post 2913149)
God's supposed representative in the Vatican fired a Catholic Bishop in Texas because he's too conservative and has been criticizing the Pope.

https://www.wsj.com/us-news/pope-fra...ishop-a32d7caa

It doesn't matter what you personally think on these issues, Catholic doctrine is pretty clear. Religion is not politics or a popularity contest. You don't get to change rules that supposedly came from God because you want to be more popular with the globalists, Marxists, and the left around the world. You fight for what you believe in and try to win hearts and minds to your positions.

I'm not a religious guy, but I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic grade school with the priests and nuns. If I was religious, I'd hand in my Catholic card and join some protestant group or some kind of new Catholic break away group.

Informed, intentional Catholics under the description "orthodox"
(vs. the political term "conservative") understand the trajectory of this papacy apart from secular, religiously illiterate media sources. That understanding causes them more dismay than any political lens that "conservative" seculars are able or willing to grasp.

The revolution is actually regarding Catholic moral theology, which is what Bishop Strickland would address by implication in his statements. Apparently judging by his appointments, Pope Francis is a proponent of Proportionalism, or "situational ethics". Every act by a person is viewed in light of one's circumstances, its lived, concrete reality vs. doctrine and abstract "ideas". This is in direct contradiction to his immediate two predecessors, as well as the whole of Catholic moral theology, which maintains that there are inherent evil actions that no circumstances could make permissible.

Francis has also dismantled John Paul II's Institute on Marriage and Family Sciences, by replacing orthodox members with interdisciplinary appointees who, in some cases, accept abortion and other "progressive" views.

Add a pinch of general animus and lack of understanding of the true situation among bishops in the U.S. among him or his advisors. I do wish Bishop Strickland would have curtailed some of his social media presence, and his disobedience in failing to implement some liturgical reforms instructed by Francis didn't help him, though I myself attend the Traditional liturgy whenever possible.

Tom 11-11-2023 02:37 PM

If you are a Bishop, you toe the line or you don't get be a Bishop.
But thr Vatican is nothing if not political.

boxcar 11-11-2023 02:58 PM

In or words in the pope's world there's no such animal as absolute truth. And I'd bet my farm that he believes that is absolutely true. :rolleyes:

mostpost 11-11-2023 03:11 PM

WSJ is behind a paywall for a lot of us, so.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/11/us/po...xas/index.html

TJDave 11-11-2023 04:22 PM

Gelgamek

Bustin Stones 11-11-2023 04:49 PM

The important question is whether Francis is pivoting on gay and trans issues because the church wants to remain more relevant or because it's supported in scriptures?
The desire to maintain power and willingness to change positions to do that, leaves followers with the impression that the church has failed to stand for anything. One doesn't expect the pope to "pivot" on issues that previous popes have taken a strong position against unless he can explain it in scripture in a way that we understand.

Tom 11-11-2023 05:09 PM

Biden ignores CONSTITUTION

Pope ignores BIBLE

Hmmmmmmmm...

classhandicapper 11-11-2023 07:48 PM

An interesting part of this whole Francis story is that during the Wikileaks period some emails by influential democrats were uncovered where they talked about undermining the Catholic Church using Catholic organizations from outside and influence from within. IMO, the Catholic Church was infiltrated in the same way governments sometimes are and Francis is the result of that process. If I can find some of those emails again, I’ll post them. But the government has scrubbed a lot of the original Wikileaks emails from the internet. So you have to find someone that saved them privately.

classhandicapper 11-11-2023 08:07 PM

I haven’t found the emails yet, but here is an article discussing some of it.

https://archphila.org/archbishop-cha...ard-catholics/

classhandicapper 11-11-2023 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bustin Stones (Post 2913203)
The important question is whether Francis is pivoting on gay and trans issues because the church wants to remain more relevant or because it's supported in scriptures?
The desire to maintain power and willingness to change positions to do that, leaves followers with the impression that the church has failed to stand for anything. One doesn't expect the pope to "pivot" on issues that previous popes have taken a strong position against unless he can explain it in scripture in a way that we understand.

It’s about more than gay and trans issues, though I read one study that suggested up to 40% of all Catholic priests, Bishops, Cardinals may be gay. So there’s obviously huge influence from gays within the church on who is going to be pope and what the church’s attitude it going to be on those issues.

But it’s mostly about priests marrying, priests have sexual relationships (gay and straight), marriage (gay and straight), divorce, abortion, birth control etc… Some are suggesting that Francis is moving beyond forgiveness of sin to a more normalized view. I mean, if the Catholic Church isn’t taking a hardline stance against abortion, Satan won.

thaskalos 11-11-2023 08:33 PM

"Satan" has nothing to do with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by classhandicapper (Post 2913235)
It’s about more than gay and trans issues, though I read one study that suggested up to 40% of all Catholic priests, Bishops, Cardinals may be gay. So there’s obviously huge influence from gays within the church on who is going to be pope and what the church’s attitude it going to be on those issues.

But it’s mostly about priests marrying, priests have sexual relationships (gay and straight), marriage (gay and straight), divorce, abortion, birth control etc… Some are suggesting that Francis is moving beyond forgiveness of sin to a more normalized view. I mean, if the Catholic Church isn’t taking a hardline stance against abortion, Satan won.

The Catholic Church is in steep decline and the Pope is just trying to drum up new business. The old church doctrine isn't fooling anyone anymore...the majority of the clergy in the Vatican readily admit in private that it's highly unlikely that Jesus possessed any "supernatural" powers. Like any other "business"...you either grow or you die.