Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL** (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Honor A.P. (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160115)

classhandicapper 08-29-2020 07:40 PM

Honor A.P.

Honor A.P. had his final major work

https://www.xbtv.com/video/workout/h...ust-29th-2020/

clicknow 08-31-2020 06:50 AM

I don't get much out of workouts unless they are *really bad*.

This horse is such a looker, can he ever look bad, doing anything? :D

There's some things trainers do that I don't understand though. I woudn't mind chatting it out with others. For instance, the only race Tiz did bad in was at Churchill......so where does trainer have him working? At Saratoga.

I don't get these kinds of moves. We know he moves well over the surface at SAR. The Derby is at CDX.

And why is Biancone training over turf? Okay horse had a small injury, it's kinder. I understand interval training, and different surfaces, from knowing marathon runner humans.......train over sand, then on asphalt or light trails..........likie the Japan horses will do uphills on mulch-like stuff then dirt on the straight.. But turf, turf, turf and turf.......I don't get it, for a dirt race?

I just like to think about how I would train my horse and I like watching what everybody does, like Asmussen has the last workouts before a race timed IMPECCABLY, that is something he is so good at, always at exactly right amount of time before a big race. Guy knows how to schedule works, no doubt about it.

classhandicapper 08-31-2020 10:16 AM

Quote:

There's some things trainers do that I don't understand though. I woudn't mind chatting it out with others. For instance, the only race Tiz did bad in was at Churchill......so where does trainer have him working? At Saratoga.
I'm going to guess he believes the horse's subpar race at CD had more to do with being trapped inside on a sloppy track than handling the surface at CD in general. I have mixed feelings about that race. He was in an uncomfortable spot, but when he finally got free and made his run he got outkicked by another horse. If I owned him, Id just be hoping it didn't rain.

taxicab 08-31-2020 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classhandicapper (Post 2647712)
I have mixed feelings about that race.

Very strong race.
A lot of wins down the road exited that race.
It's paid off nicely to play out of the KJC.

dballard125 09-01-2020 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classhandicapper (Post 2647712)
I'm going to guess he believes the horse's subpar race at CD had more to do with being trapped inside on a sloppy track than handling the surface at CD in general. I have mixed feelings about that race. He was in an uncomfortable spot, but when he finally got free and made his run he got outkicked by another horse. If I owned him, Id just be hoping it didn't rain.

Forecast is 82 and mostly sunny Saturday. Should be a beautiful day here in Louisville.

deathandgravity 09-02-2020 06:17 PM

Question?
Does anyone know if Mike Smith have the option to ride both Honor A.P. & Authentic and opted for Honor A.P.?

Cheers

GMB@BP 09-02-2020 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathandgravity (Post 2648509)
Question?
Does anyone know if Mike Smith have the option to ride both Honor A.P. & Authentic and opted for Honor A.P.?

Cheers

he did, and stuck with Honor AP.

dilanesp 09-03-2020 12:57 PM

I'm kind of surprised that there hasn't been more publicity surrounding one aspect of this.

Smith is 55. He has the chance to break one of horse racing's more iconic records: Shoemaker was 54 when he won the Derby on Ferdinand.

f2tornado 09-03-2020 01:29 PM

I like Smith but still wondering what the heck he was thinking in the SB stakes. Almost looked like they were just testing the horse and didn't care about the finish. He's my #2 but I have reservations. Horse doesn't seem to have that extra gear; just keeps moving along. Potentially needs a cleaner trip than others but should get it from the outside.

taxicab 09-03-2020 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f2tornado (Post 2648723)
I like Smith but still wondering what the heck he was thinking in the SB stakes. Almost looked like they were just testing the horse and didn't care about the finish. He's my #2 but I have reservations. Horse doesn't seem to have that extra gear; just keeps moving along. Potentially needs a cleaner trip than others but should get it from the outside.

Big strong horses give him trouble these days.

GMB@BP 09-03-2020 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taxicab (Post 2648841)
Big strong horses give him trouble these days.

Is Honor AP one of those horses?

porchy44 09-05-2020 07:54 PM

Honor A.P. got squeezed at the start. Found himself in no mans land, outside and towards the back (last). He did run a credible 4th.

f2tornado 09-05-2020 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porchy44 (Post 2649608)
Honor A.P. got squeezed at the start. Found himself in no mans land, outside and towards the back (last). He did run a credible 4th.

Every damn time I make a refundable win wager (if horse comes in second or third) the damn thing comes in fourth. It almost never fails. A better break and he's probably in the money.

pandy 09-06-2020 09:51 AM

Quote:

I thought Honor A. P. ran a very good race. Before the race, Mike Smith said that he was concerned about the start because Honor A. P. had gone sideways in his prior start and Smith said that if he did that again, he wouldn't be able to leave for position, which is what happened and he was next to last.

Secondbest 09-06-2020 10:21 AM

Quote:

Very credible