Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Handicapper's Corner (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   value play from another point of view (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122558)

Capper Al 05-06-2015 01:45 PM

value play from another point of view

Let's say that you are looking for natural or random odds horse and don't have a value play in your top three. And let's say that your A horse is going off at even money, your B horse is going at 2/1, and your C horse is going off at 9/2. Do you see the C horse as the action bet to show? I think I'm going that way because 3 for a third divided into 9/2 is 1.5 higher than my A or B selections.

whodoyoulike 05-06-2015 04:03 PM

I know this is difficult to do but, why not pass the race. Save your money for another time unless you have different betting and separate BR's.

Capper Al 05-06-2015 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
I know this is difficult to do but, why not pass the race. Save your money for another time unless you have different betting and separate BR's.

Can't pass a race. This is the best that I can do.

thaskalos 05-06-2015 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capper Al
Can't pass a race. This is the best that I can do.

You mean to tell me that you were profitable at the track for five straight years, without being able to ever pass a race?

MJC922 05-06-2015 07:03 PM

Quote:

Let's say that you are looking for natural or random odds horse and don't have a value play in your top three. And let's say that your A horse is going off at even money, your B horse is going at 2/1, and your C horse is going off at 9/2. Do you see the C horse as the action bet to show? I think I'm going that way because 3 for a third divided into 9/2 is 1.5 higher than my A or B selections.

Let me ask you this, your third choice wins a race how often in the average 8 horse field, 10-12% Pick numbers out of a hat and how often does it win? Same thing. Probably not fertile ground for chasing overlays and show betting makes things worse not better.

Some_One 05-06-2015 07:10 PM

Quote:

Betting the fav to show is the best value

horses4courses 05-06-2015 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos
You mean to tell me that you were profitable at the track for five straight years, without being able to ever pass a race?

I was thinking the same thing.......hmmm.......that would be nice

DeltaLover 05-06-2015 07:23 PM

Quote:

Typical example of a PASS

Capper Al 05-07-2015 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos

Passed very few and would, at least, make an action bet for $2.00.

Jingle 05-07-2015 08:00 AM

Action bets get me in trouble--take a break and get a coffee. Patience is a virtue.

davew 05-07-2015 10:20 AM

Quote:

Passed very few and would, at least, make an action bet for $2.00.

how about $5,3,2 for $10 win on fav, 2/1, 9/2 if you must bet action

Capper Al 05-07-2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davew
how about $5,3,2 for $10 win on fav, 2/1, 9/2 if you must bet action

The idea here is that your third choice is possibly paying better than your first two choices, plus you have two more spots where your third choice could finish.

ReplayRandall 05-07-2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

The idea here is that your third choice is possibly paying better than your first two choices, plus you have two more spots where your third choice could finish.

Al, is this really the point of the post you started here? Or are you looking for something else that's a better option besides passing the race?

Grits 05-07-2015 11:18 AM

Al, I'm gonna put it to ya straight. I wouldn't get outta the bed to bet show on a 9-2

If this is your idea of action. You gotta problem... :lol:

Robert Goren 05-07-2015 12:51 PM

Quote:

It is not a bet I would make. The money moves around too much in the show pools. Value in the show pool very often disappears after the gates open. I think it is likely that there are computer programs at work at most major tracks that are doing a balancing acts.