Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - Sports (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Halep - French Open (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145385)

Lemon Drop Husker 06-10-2018 01:17 PM

Halep - French Open

Damn.

It is like playing Pong against the computer. She returns everything.

Sloane frustrated. I would be too. Halep is one tough competitor. Really tough.

Inner Dirt 06-10-2018 02:18 PM

Trying something new flipping channels I tried to watch a little of a women's match today, don't know who it was, I could not stand the grunting and changed the channel after a couple minutes.

Lemon Drop Husker 06-10-2018 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inner Dirt (Post 2327678)
Trying something new flipping channels I tried to watch a little of a women's match today, don't know who it was, I could not stand the grunting and changed the channel after a couple minutes.

The guys grunt as well. I also hate that aspect, but definitely enjoy the mastery of their craft.

Not a huge tennis fan, but I think they are the most physically fit of all the top end sports. Boxing and soccer a very close 2nd.

cj 06-10-2018 09:28 PM

Halep beat Stephens at her own game, precisely how Stephens won the US Open. Sloane ran out of gas this time. Halep was the more fit player.

Halep was really bad with groaning. It went on at times as Stephens was about to hit the ball. That should not be allowed to persist.

Inner Dirt 06-11-2018 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker (Post 2327716)
The guys grunt as well. I also hate that aspect, but definitely enjoy the mastery of their craft.

Not a huge tennis fan, but I think they are the most physically fit of all the top end sports. Boxing and soccer a very close 2nd.

I definitely think to deem someone most physically fit the sport would have to have contact of some sort. I definitely would pick boxing by open lengths of those three, football is no picnic either. Nothing like taking hard contact or getting knocked down when you are getting tired.

elysiantraveller 06-11-2018 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inner Dirt (Post 2327997)
[/B]

I definitely think to deem someone most physically fit the sport would have to have contact of some sort. I definitely would pick boxing by open lengths of those three, football is no picnic either. Nothing like taking hard contact or getting knocked down when you are getting tired.

Hockey...

It's all perception I think. Boxing, soccer, tennis, football... all super demanding in totally different ways.