Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL** (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Jeff Ruby Steaks (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143797)

MONEY 03-17-2018 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker (Post 2290998)

Race was already looking like a meltdown, and then blinkers are added to the :8: and :12:.

:3::4::6::10: is where I'm leaning. :4: Pony Up has certainly ran against better in the likes of Audible, Free Drop Billy, Flameway, and Speed Franco down at Gulfstream. I'm thinking he should actually be the favorite, and he might be double digit odds.

:6: Mugaritz is the one I keep coming back to though as one with a possible change in tactics in settling a bit early in the race like his California Derby two back. Problem is, he has never really shown much encouraging late foot. I just think he is better than his El Camino, and the change to Juarez is a key addition.

:3: Archaggelos is really interesting shipping in from Woodbine and running his 1st as a 3YO off of 3 months rest.

:10: Zanesville is probably just more curiosity after he broke his maiden at 8.5 panels at Fair Grounds, and then is shipped to run at Delta in less than a mile races? Type of crazy horse that could get a great trip and come rolling late.

:7: Hazit is the concern. He may well simply be the class of the field. I just find it more than a bit odd that he lands here; and 9F is certainly no guarantee for him.

Tough race.

It might be my imagination, but I think that many horses running their 1st race after racing at Tampa outperform their natural abilities. Hazit won't have to improve much to beat these guys.

BTW
I thought that the title of the thread was a typo, but the race is named,
'Jeff Ruby Steaks'.

Robert Fischer 03-17-2018 02:49 PM

tough, potentially chaotic race

$0.50 Tri :11: / :2::8::12: / :1::2::8::10::12: =$6

looks like I'm eating white castle sliders tonight

Tee 03-17-2018 06:19 PM

I would expect :5: Magicalmeister to get a very nice trip. Let's see what he's made of when the jock calls on him for his best.

Nothing there, jock might have been better off letting him go.

GMB@BP 03-17-2018 06:29 PM

I know its shocking but another west coast horse ships and wins a derby prep.

jocko699 03-17-2018 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMB@BP (Post 2291364)
I know its shocking but another west coast horse ships and wins a derby prep.

I agree and I really like betting Kyle Frey usually but I bet the #12 to W/S in the race.

Robert Fischer 03-17-2018 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MONEY (Post 2290988)
I think that Mugaritz will turn the tables on Blended Citizen.

brave effort on the pace today

Couple races in a row now, that he's raced up front on a hot pace.

upthecreek 03-19-2018 09:44 AM

Jeff ruby

Final thought on Jeff. He’s known around Louisville for refusing to serve O.J. Simpson at his Louisville restaurant before the 2007 Kentucky Derby. He also banned Donald Trump from his establishment during the Super Tuesday primary in Kentucky.

He wont have to worry about me dining there.

Tom 03-19-2018 10:16 AM

This race is what, now, a prep race on the road to oblivion? :rolleyes:

You get points for this, but not theIllonois Derby?

Yeah, ok, Churchill. :lol:

castaway01 03-19-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthecreek (Post 2291885)
Final thought on Jeff. He’s known around Louisville for refusing to serve O.J. Simpson at his Louisville restaurant before the 2007 Kentucky Derby. He also banned Donald Trump from his establishment during the Super Tuesday primary in Kentucky.

He wont have to worry about me dining there.

Didn't know you were such a big O.J. fan. I'm sure the Juice got over it.

f2tornado 03-19-2018 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2291892)
This race is what, now, a prep race on the road to oblivion? :rolleyes:

You get points for this, but not theIllonois Derby?

Yeah, ok, Churchill. :lol:

Last I heard, there will not even be an Illinois Derby this year. Pre-points, it produced a Derby starter most years including winner War Emblem. Lack of bona fide prep status killed what was a $750k purse in its prime. Would be nice if it could at least be a 20 point wild card like the Lexington should it ever come back.