Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   DRF Bets (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168764)

CheckMark 01-21-2022 07:22 PM

DRF Bets

Saw this on the DRF Digital cover today where it is saying that DRF Bets members now have access to DRF Formulator for "free"

I checked the fine print and it says your new account (yes you have to be a new member of DRF Bets) is loaded with 10 cards of Formulator with a $10 bonus but to keep receiving Free DRF Formulator PP's (1 card) you must wager $50 to get 1 card back

Not sure why they would market it as being free though as you are really only getting it free for a certain time and then having to fork out $50 each time for 1 card back

CheckMark 01-21-2022 07:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Boomer 01-21-2022 08:08 PM

For every 50 dollars wagered you get 1 formulator or classic program. Recent upgrade from only classic program. If you like formulator and bet regularly its a good thing. I do agree though their presentation is clearly misleading.

PaceAdvantage 01-21-2022 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheckMark (Post 2781375)
I checked the fine print and it says your new account (yes you have to be a new member of DRF Bets) is loaded with 10 cards of Formulator with a $10 bonus but to keep receiving Free DRF Formulator PP's (1 card) you must wager $50 to get 1 card back

The Free Formulator part of this applies to all DRF Bets members, not just new accounts.

https://promos.drf.com/freepps

CheckMark 01-21-2022 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2781417)
The Free Formulator part of this applies to all DRF Bets members, not just new accounts.

https://promos.drf.com/freepps

Sorry never saw that page before just this one:
https://promos.drf.com/offer

1. Promotional offer valid until April 15, 2022. Open to new DRF Bets account signups and inactive Xpressbet members only. Active Xpressbet members are not eligible to earn this bonus offer. An active Xpressbet member is qualified as someone who has placed a wager with Xpressbet during the last 13 months.

PaceAdvantage 01-21-2022 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheckMark (Post 2781428)
1. Promotional offer valid until April 15, 2022. Open to new DRF Bets account signups and inactive Xpressbet members only. Active Xpressbet members are not eligible to earn this bonus offer. An active Xpressbet member is qualified as someone who has placed a wager with Xpressbet during the last 13 months.

This applies only to the signup bonuses and 10 free cards I believe

CheckMark 01-22-2022 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2781462)
This applies only to the signup bonuses and 10 free cards I believe

:ThmbUp:

classhandicapper 01-22-2022 10:05 AM

This seems like a great deal to me.

Getting free Formulator cards just to do your wagering at DRFBets is huge. Formulator is a very powerful product.

Michael 01-22-2022 12:48 PM

Maybe I'm in the minority? I don't like when companies advertise half truths to get me to consider using their products. If they want me as a customer I'm going to need the truth right out of out of the gate. To each their own though... if they want to break slow, they're going to lose more races than they win.

PaceAdvantage 01-22-2022 01:09 PM

DRF Bets members "have access to free formulator"

not sure where the half-truth lies there.

reads totally true to me

Tom 01-22-2022 01:17 PM

Michael 01-22-2022 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2781589)
DRF Bets members "have access to free formulator"

not sure where the half-truth lies there.

reads totally true to me

I only know about the ad because it's played prior to their youtube videos.
My reference to the "half truth" is that there's hoops and stipulations to qualify for what they're advertising as "free." I'm sure you know what my post was in regards to though. In any case I have no horse in this race so I'll
leave it at that.

Tom 01-22-2022 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael (Post 2781608)
I only know about the ad because it's played prior to their youtube videos.
My reference to the "half truth" is that there's hoops and stipulations to qualify for what they're advertising as "free." I'm sure you know what my post was in regards to though. In any case I have no horse in this race so I'll
leave it at that.

FWIW, I agree with you.

PPs are FREE is not the same as Members get FREE PPs.
Splitting hairs, but if you ethics are low, you do it. My rule of thumb is ALL advertising is a lie.

Boomer 01-22-2022 04:55 PM

DRF members only get free formulators at the rate of 1 for every 50 dollars bet.

Not saying it is a bad deal, but the promotion is deceiving. Even DRF bets members do not get free programs without making the bets.

CheckMark 01-22-2022 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomer (Post 2781671)
DRF members only get free formulators at the rate of 1 for every 50 dollars bet.

Not saying it is a bad deal, but the promotion is deceiving. Even DRF bets members do not get free programs without making the bets.

At least a few people here do agree with me :D