Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Raid at Parx (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164965)

cj 05-25-2021 07:51 PM

Raid at Parx

thaskalos 05-25-2021 08:08 PM

Surprising. I always thought that Pennsylvania Racing was beyond reproach.

PhantomOnTour 05-25-2021 08:16 PM

A simultaneous raid at Penn National possibly would have yielded the same amount of contraband.

This should be done in all jurisdictions

thaskalos 05-25-2021 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour (Post 2726129)
A simultaneous raid at Penn National possibly would have yielded the same amount of contraband.

This should be done in all jurisdictions

Why didn't they conduct simultaneous raids at Penn and Presque Isle...instead of announcing that those raids are "imminent"? It sounds as if they are more interested in postponing crime, than in catching and punishing the offenders.

JustRalph 05-25-2021 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2726130)
Why didn't they conduct simultaneous raids at Penn and Presque Isle...instead of announcing that those raids are "imminent"? It sounds as if they are more interested in postponing crime, than in catching and punishing the offenders.

Sometimes you announce or even leak prior to, while you’re conducting surveillance or wiretaps, to record the reaction of the suspects. It can often flush out some incriminating activity. Especially if you expect a suspect might destroy evidence etc.

Often crimes of tampering with evidence etc are higher grade charges than the original crimes that started the investigation.

thaskalos 05-25-2021 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph (Post 2726156)
Sometimes you announce or even leak prior to, while you’re conducting surveillance or wiretaps, to record the reaction of the suspects. It can often flush out some incriminating activity. Especially if you expect a suspect might destroy evidence etc.

Often crimes of tampering with evidence etc are higher grade charges than the original crimes that started the investigation.

Thanks...this would have never occurred to me. :ThmbUp:

Augenj 05-25-2021 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2726128)
Surprising. I always thought that Pennsylvania Racing was beyond reproach.

:lol::lol:

airford1 05-25-2021 11:36 PM

Imagine Horse Racing without the back stretch medicine men, That would be 4 horse fields is my guess

FRMNBRI 05-26-2021 12:00 AM

Parx is another place that is giving this sport a bad name. The problem is they actually put together a decent product with big fields that gives us something to play Mon- Wed. Contraband found? Nothing will happen. Nothing will change.

Tom 05-26-2021 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph (Post 2726156)

You just watch all the U Haul stores to see who shows up.

king kong 05-26-2021 10:29 AM

Parx

Baffert Downs:D

onefast99 05-26-2021 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRMNBRI (Post 2726181)
Parx is another place that is giving this sport a bad name. The problem is they actually put together a decent product with big fields that gives us something to play Mon- Wed. Contraband found? Nothing will happen. Nothing will change.

Bad apples everywhere but lots of good people at Parx. I blame this on the fact that Jorge Navarro and Jason Servis got caught red-handed and because of COVID-19 and nothing has happened and I would imagine both of those bad apples are still gainfully employed in this industry in one way or another. If others see that these two can get away with murder so can they!

lamboguy 05-26-2021 12:43 PM

this is 100% nothing

FRMNBRI 05-26-2021 01:42 PM

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t one of the guys in the Navarro FBI indictment a trainer at PARX. For the life of me I’m drawing a blank on his name.

jay68802 05-26-2021 01:51 PM

PA racing commissioner Salvatore Debundas horses are stabled with Richard Vega.