Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW) (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   No NYRA video on 4njbets (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61560)

Stevie Belmont 09-19-2009 09:06 PM

Still no video...

Well if I can't see or hear the race, maybe I won't play...

I'm going on October 3rd

The Hawk 09-20-2009 05:05 PM

Bad News, Stevie...

If you're from NJ, when you go to Belmont you won't be able to see the races live. They put you in a windowless room and show you the replay 3 minutes after the race is official. It's ok, though, they're mostly statebred races anyway.

Stevie Belmont 09-20-2009 07:46 PM

This is turture...

I can see every damn track in the nation, but the one 12 miles away in New York I can't. Whats wrong with this picture??

njcurveball 09-20-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hawk
If you're from NJ, when you go to Belmont you won't be able to see the races live. They put you in a windowless room and show you the replay 3 minutes after the race is official. It's ok, though, they're mostly statebred races anyway.

That was pretty funny. :lol:

Don't forget you have to check a box saying you are from NJ as well. ;)

Stevie Belmont 09-21-2009 11:37 AM

So who's the one stopping the video from being streamed? The NYRA?

KM1234 09-21-2009 12:47 PM

NYRA is no longer allowing the live streaming of its signal according to an email I received. I also called the 4NJBets office around 1PM on 9/11, and I asked if the unavailability was permanent, and the answer was "pretty much so."

I have searched far and wide for ANY article that pertains to NYRA and 4NJBets, and have found nothing.

THE FOLLOWING IS ONLY MY OPINION:

I think that just because the NYRA signal was available at the racetracks, the NJSEA assumed it could stream the video over the Internet. Nassau OTB and Capital OTB did that and were accused of piracy, but the the matters were resolved with them, but no streaming video was ever restored. That may be the situation here. You can Google Nassau OTB or Capital OTB to find the articles.I have no idea if there are any negotiations going on to restore the signal for 4NJBets, but I have chosen to believe that the signal will never be restored. I hope I'm wrong.

Tom 09-21-2009 02:20 PM

Is NYRA still streaming video to You Bet or Twinspires?

RichieP 09-21-2009 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom
Is NYRA still streaming video to You Bet or Twinspires?

TS shows the replays after the race is completed Tom. Same as NYRA site.
Nothing "live". Ridiculous

turfnsport 09-21-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieP
TS shows the replays after the race is completed Tom. Same as NYRA site.
Nothing "live". Ridiculous

Twinspires is live, at last it was yesterday...maybe a 2 sec delay

chickenhead 09-21-2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KM1234
NYRA is no longer allowing the live streaming of its signal according to an email I received. I also called the 4NJBets office around 1PM on 9/11, and I asked if the unavailability was permanent, and the answer was "pretty much so."

I have searched far and wide for ANY article that pertains to NYRA and 4NJBets, and have found nothing.

THE FOLLOWING IS ONLY MY OPINION:

I think that just because the NYRA signal was available at the racetracks, the NJSEA assumed it could stream the video over the Internet. Nassau OTB and Capital OTB did that and were accused of piracy, but the the matters were resolved with them, but no streaming video was ever restored. That may be the situation here. You can Google Nassau OTB or Capital OTB to find the articles.I have no idea if there are any negotiations going on to restore the signal for 4NJBets, but I have chosen to believe that the signal will never be restored. I hope I'm wrong.

You can read per Jeffs earlier post -- NYRA is charging the ADWs extra to stream video. I imagine any ADW who is streaming live has paid NYRA whatever they are asking for the privilege.

PaceAdvantage 09-21-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turfnsport
Twinspires is live, at last it was yesterday...maybe a 2 sec delay

It's live to non-NY residents, or last I thought I heard...

RichieP 09-21-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
It's live to non-NY residents, or last I thought I heard...

Yes forgot that out of state folks are fine watching NYRA but those of us that live in the state are screwed

banacek 09-21-2009 05:26 PM

It's been cut off to HPI in Canada as well. There's a smart business model - they want me to bet their races, but won't let me watch. Well, they have gotten a grand total of $0 of my wagering dollars at Belmont (and the end of Saratoga).

bettheoverlay 09-21-2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banacek
There's a smart business model - they want me to bet their races, but won't let me watch.

You have to wonder what kind of discussion NYRA has when they come up with such illogical decisions. Do you think someone pipes up "aren't we going to piss off the bettors and potentially decrease our handle?" I bet no one does.

PaceAdvantage 09-21-2009 07:28 PM

What kind of illogical decision restricts NYRA from showing the live video from their OWN RACES on their OWN WEBSITE?

Perhaps we should answer that question first.