Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Huntress Helena (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139603)

Peter Berry 07-15-2017 05:00 PM

Huntress Helena

For those of you not up to speed, Huntress Helena will race on back-to-back cards at Mountaineer. She scored her easiest win ever on Wednesday and backs up again on Sunday. Her record in 2-furlong races now stands at 20-16-3-1.

VeryOldMan 07-15-2017 05:13 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

She is the final boss at 2f. Not in the same league, but it reminds me of Immortal Eyes at 4 1/2f at Charles Town for a very long time. Can be beaten but it takes work.

Zaf 07-15-2017 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Berry (Post 2195547)
For those of you not up to speed, Huntress Helena will race on back-to-back cards at Mountaineer. She scored her easiest win ever on Wednesday and backs up again on Sunday. Her record in 2-furlong races now stands at 20-16-3-1.

Wow :ThmbUp: Looking forward to watching :headbanger:

Z

tanner12oz 07-16-2017 01:55 PM

show plungers will be out in full force

lamboguy 07-16-2017 03:24 PM

the same owner has 2 in that race, one of them might scratch.

Zaf 07-16-2017 09:47 PM

Wow , What a performance !!! :headbanger:

Z

menifee 07-17-2017 03:04 AM

She's unreal. It's unreal that they keep show plunging on her and she keeps hitting the board in every 2f race. There has to be another start like September 28, 2015 coming soon though... Also, at some point father time catches up to everyone.

UnionRags 07-17-2017 03:41 AM

Appealing yankee> hh

mountainman 07-17-2017 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by menifee (Post 2196123)
She's unreal. It's unreal that they keep show plunging on her and she keeps hitting the board in every 2f race. There has to be another start like September 28, 2015 coming soon though... Also, at some point father time catches up to everyone.

There are classier horses at other tracks whose trainers could jack them up and probably beat Huntress Helena-my guess is more than a few. But the monetary incentive just isn't there.

Her best asset in a matchup with a potentially faster rival would be her good habits and professional conduct. She breaks cleanly and keeps a straight course. She just doesn't beat herself. And that's HUGE at 440. She was originally purchased, btw, for a mere 2k.

The next round of 2-furlong races will be written under starter/alw conditions complete with penalty clause.

It has crossed my mind to blog about her, but it's such an obvious topic..and Pete and I have beaten it to death on the feed.

If she seems even a bit more invincible than usual these days, I would attribute that to Rex Stokes. He's unreal from the gate and has mad skills. Skills perhaps squandered throughout a career that should have been epic.

lamboguy 07-17-2017 12:09 PM

HUNTRESS HELENA answers the bell every time she steps on a race track. she was way more exciting to watch than SONGBIRD was Saturday.

people love to see stars of the sport like HUNTRESS HELENA. i talk about her all the time because she is my favorite horse right now and i only hope she keeps on winning.

onefast99 07-17-2017 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy (Post 2196214)
HUNTRESS HELENA answers the bell every time she steps on a race track. she was way more exciting to watch than SONGBIRD was Saturday.

people love to see stars of the sport like HUNTRESS HELENA. i talk about her all the time because she is my favorite horse right now and i only hope she keeps on winning.

songbird looked good but Huntress looked unreal.

menifee 07-17-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman (Post 2196199)
There are classier horses at other tracks whose trainers could jack them up and probably beat Huntress Helena-my guess is more than a few. But the monetary incentive just isn't there.

Her best asset in a matchup with a potentially faster rival would be her good habits and professional conduct. She breaks cleanly and keeps a straight course. She just doesn't beat herself. And that's HUGE at 440. She was originally purchased, btw, for a mere 2k.

The next round of 2-furlong races will be written under starter/alw conditions complete with penalty clause.

It has crossed my mind to blog about her, but it's such an obvious topic..and Pete and I have beaten it to death on the feed.

If she seems even a bit more invincible than usual these days, I would attribute that to Rex Stokes. He's unreal from the gate and has mad skills. Skills perhaps squandered throughout a career that should have been epic.

I would love to see how she would do in a 440 race with top quarter horses. Has the Mountain ever carded a race with QH?

tanner12oz 07-17-2017 06:37 PM

write a race for her on derby day

tanner12oz 07-17-2017 08:47 PM

Who loses money in these negative show pools? Is it the track? They don't have to card these races I assume? Why would they keep carding these races if they are going to lose money on them? Maybe these are dumb questions but just some thoughts

mountainman 07-18-2017 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanner12oz (Post 2196441)
Who loses money in these negative show pools? Is it the track? They don't have to card these races I assume? Why would they keep carding these races if they are going to lose money on them? Maybe these are dumb questions but just some thoughts

To my understanding, sir, whatever service or outlet incurring a minus pool in fact covers the loss.

Consequently, I do walk a fine line when endorsing specific bridge jumps. A very fine line.

It would be a bit more complicated to explain why we keep carding those races-and why they keep filling. But I'm willing when I get time.

Good derby field taking shape, btw, including a very prominent "get." For now , though, must remain silent as our rag tag forces battle those villians at Monmouth and Saratoga.