Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Domestic Spending (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173230)

Brisk Urging 11-05-2022 03:58 PM

Domestic Spending

Hope hes ok.Not a word form NBC.

Sysonby 11-05-2022 03:59 PM

I saw something saying it was pelvis and he's being taken for treatment.

Brisk Urging 11-05-2022 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sysonby (Post 2839532)
I saw something saying it was pelvis and he's being taken for treatment.

Tough weekend for Brown

I think Search Results bled brutal

Tom 11-05-2022 06:02 PM

Add Epicenter to the list......

jocko699 11-05-2022 06:03 PM

Update from Chad about DS

Sysonby 11-05-2022 06:44 PM

I read on twitter that Epicenter has also been taken to Rood and Riddle

barbaro123 11-06-2022 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocko699 (Post 2839580)

Domestic Spending had not raced since Aug 2021- to put him in a race as demanding as this one off of that protracted layoff, is, IMO, bordering on negligence. Terrible decision. I do not believe this horse will survive. Pelvic fractures are extremely serious, often fatal. Two horses in Europe died from pelvic fracture, including Snowfall, the Japanese horse who won a big race in England by a great amount of lengths.

Tom 11-06-2022 05:37 PM

jocko699 11-06-2022 05:56 PM

Someday Silent 11-10-2022 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaro123 (Post 2839680)
Domestic Spending had not raced since Aug 2021- to put him in a race as demanding as this one off of that protracted layoff, is, IMO, bordering on negligence. Terrible decision. I do not believe this horse will survive. Pelvic fractures are extremely serious, often fatal. Two horses in Europe died from pelvic fracture, including Snowfall, the Japanese horse who won a big race in England by a great amount of lengths.

I find it interesting that there's been relatively little public outcry about this. Leading up to BC weekend I saw a bunch of stuff on Lukas ruining or breaking down Secret Oath, while "Brown knows his horse and always places them well, and remember what Da Hoss did,".
:puke:

Tom 11-11-2022 10:17 AM

Who could forget what Dahoss did?! :lol:

Spalding No! 11-11-2022 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Someday Silent (Post 2840709)
I find it interesting that there's been relatively little public outcry about this. Leading up to BC weekend I saw a bunch of stuff on Lukas ruining or breaking down Secret Oath, while "Brown knows his horse and always places them well, and remember what Da Hoss did,".
:puke:

Secret Oath should have rebooted as an extended sprinter starting with the Test Stakes after it became evident that Nest had progressed well beyond her in routes.

Based on her Distaff effort, she should have been in the FM Sprint.

If she's not getting a break over the winter hopefully she shows up in the La Brea at Santa Anita after Xmas. Likewise for Wicked Halo & Gunite (Malibu) after their ill-advised jaunts in the BC on the heels of victories in minor races 2 weeks earlier.

Flightline should have been afforded the opportunity to run in the Cigar Mile (if not the Pegasus Faux Cup, too) to prove to breeders (you know, the people that matter the most in racing) that he could handle racing twice in less than a month's time. Could have given Elite Power, Cody's Wish, and maybe even Life is Good a chance to upend the great horse in their preferred setting (a one turn mile).

GMB@BP 11-11-2022 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spalding No! (Post 2840752)
Likewise for Wicked Halo & Gunite (Malibu) after their ill-advised jaunts in the BC on the heels of victories in minor races 2 weeks earlier.

both looked so good in those races why not take a chance? After the race its easy to say it was not the best decision, though neither one ran that poorly.

I dont know, guess just wishing horses ran more and didnt care about perfect records with tons of spacing.

Spalding No! 11-11-2022 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMB@BP (Post 2840766)
both looked so good in those races why not take a chance? After the race its easy to say it was not the best decision, though neither one ran that poorly.

I dont know, guess just wishing horses ran more and didnt care about perfect records with tons of spacing.

Yes, it was ridiculous of me to lump in Wicked Halo as she got a placing; I'm not railing against the 2-week turnaround so much as I hope them running in the BC doesn't preclude them from showing up opening day at SA. They both would be major contenders in those races.

I think there was some chatter that Gunite entered the wrong race on top of everything else.

Someday Silent 11-13-2022 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2840741)
Who could forget what Dahoss did?! :lol:

I got to meet Da Hoss at Kentucky Horse Park many years ago. He was a chill dude of a Thoroughbred.

And Chad Brown isn't fit to carry Michael Dickinson's dirty socks. :kiss: