Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Handicapping Software (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   HSH Software (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159888)

kdavis7837 08-17-2020 10:34 AM

HSH Software

I am not one to tout a product or service, I have spent thousands on products, software, methods, ect.
I purchased the HSH software last week spent a couple days watching the videos, still have no Idea what I am doing, played with it a bit on Sat. Didn't care all that much for it, but yesterday, sitting around with gout flaring up and 97 degrees with no air, had only 200.00 in racing account decided to just play the software no matter what
Had tons of questions and Dave Schwartz answered every question almost immediately. I was very pleasantly surprised at the great service, anyway
still not knowing what I doing set a self imposed hit rate on bets per race, in other words the numbers of bets was determined by the Hit rate if only one hit it I bet the 1 horse according to software, sometimes it took two or more, which I have never, ever done before and goes against my personal Handicapping rules (whatever that was), it certainly wasn't skill, still millions of features I do not even understand nor did I use. and the biggest win came while conversing with Dave on the users face book page, he was explaining to me how to remove late scratches because in that particular race two of the 3 horses had scratched late, I was only playing 40 dollars a race, horse was at 15 to 1 so put the money on the remaining horse, again not skill but pure dumb luck, but the software had it on top
Bottom line, playing just two tracks, Gulfstream and Delmar I made back software purchase price and 30 days Data fee, first time in a very long time very pleased with a product, any product not just racing, it may go downhill once I tinker with it and think I know what I am doing, who knows, but very impressed with product and Dave

Dave Schwartz 08-17-2020 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdavis7837 (Post 2643297)
I am not one to tout a product or service, I have spent thousands on products, software, methods, ect.
still not knowing what I doing set a self imposed hit rate on bets per race, in other words the numbers of bets was determined by the Hit rate if only one hit it I bet the 1 horse according to software, sometimes it took two or more, which I have never, ever done before and goes against my personal Handicapping rules (whatever that was), it certainly wasn't skill, still millions of features I do not even understand nor did I use.

...I was only playing 40 dollars a race, horse was at 15 to 1 so put the money on the remaining horse, again not skill but pure dumb luck, but the software had it on top

Bottom line, playing just two tracks, Gulfstream and Delmar I made back software purchase price and 30 days Data fee, first time in a very long time very pleased with a product, any product not just racing, it may go downhill once I tinker with it and think I know what I am doing...

Ken,

WOW!

Thank you so much for your very kind comments.

Of course, I think our software is the best, but truly I don't think that is the take away for horse players who want to improve their game.

Sure, you got lucky. A one-day test PROVES nothing.

But the main difference is in the fact that you changed your thinking process.

Over the years I've spoken with hundreds of horse players. The great majority of those players feel that they are EXPERT HANDICAPPERS.

And guess what? Most of them actually ARE!

Yet, there are so few success stories. Why is that?

I believe that it's because very few are good at figuring out what to do after the handicapping is finished.

I don't mean "How to bet." It's not about structuring tickets.

It's SOMETHING ELSE.
It's a different outlook.
A different strategy for the final selections.
Sometimes we bet the best and at other times we bet the worst.
It just so happens that DIFFERENT is what the trained HSH user does best.

Because of Ken's wonderful comment, I've decided to put HSH on sale for just $597.

If you have pre-purchase questions, just pick up the phone.

Dave

PS: If you bought a copy of HSH - even if it was over a decade ago, you still own it. Just call or email to get a fresh install.

*Depending upon how long ago, there might be a small upgrade fee.

oughtoh 08-17-2020 02:39 PM

I have used or tried many systems and HSH has more to it than anything I have ever seen. The things you can do with HSH is incredible, just wish it would have been around 30 years ago when I could do the research. If anyone is serious or just want to be a better player I highly recommend HSH and Dave. I have nothing invested in this, just a comment from using it for awhile.

kdavis7837 08-18-2020 10:20 AM

Didn't get the same results yesterday, The win probabilities remained close to the same, but the payoffs much, much lower. after 7 races was only .80 ahead, better than spending hrs. combing through data though, I am impressed with the amount of race factors included, things I would never think to include. Can already see how some people can really get into this, its like Handicapping on steroids, looking forward to learning more advanced features but having a blast with just the bare Minimum basics, had other software in the past, I don't know, Maybe its the all around service ? But this was just the bump I needed to make handicapping fun again, Looking forward to today, a Tuesday no less, Don't have to dwell on my traditional handicapping issues that have become so boring, thanks Dave

lefty359 08-18-2020 04:59 PM

kdavis, keep us posted with how you do with your HSH adventure...

kdavis7837 08-21-2020 10:23 AM

Well, this is going to be a process, last Sunday was kind of a fluke, the rest of week did not return the same high payouts, not even close, doing the exact same thing, hit or win rate about the same amount of winners but would be a loosing proposition in the long run, So I started looking for ways to separate contenders, I am a pace guy so I watched a Video on Dave's web site, which is one of the great things with this software, never ending amount of videos and instructions, anyway, don't have the product knowledge yet to do it the way Dave was doing it in the video, but with over a dozen ways to look at the pace I am able to find, what he called, a section of the race a horse is able to dominate. Not just a single paceline that may or may not run back to, the software is even capable of looking at class and recession certain pace #s, so much fun
I have always looked at pace as High # = fastest horse, the video explained pace in a different way, or ways so this week I am going to concentrate on finding the sections of the race that a Horse could possibly dominate and apply that to try and narrow down the contenders instead of throwing money at the top rated contenders only. Have not discussed this with Dave or the user page, I may be off in left field here, who knows? But yesterday, while at work (they expect you to do stuff, go figure) I found 2 that jumped off the screen, both won, the payoff on both was small, a 5-2 was the highest but like I said this is going to take a while lefty, but still having a blast with it , its kind of like a new or fresh perspective which I needed so bad, didn't realize just how burnt out I was, BTW spent a couple of Hrs on zoom with one of his long time users, learned a ton that I hope to apply in the near future, that's the type of stuff you don't normally get

lefty359 08-21-2020 06:13 PM

You are right. That's the stuff you don't normally get. Luck and skill to you...

lefty359 08-21-2020 07:23 PM

Also, I feel that if you can break even or lose very little while waiting for the good days, you're ahead of the game.

mikesal57 08-22-2020 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdavis7837 (Post 2644552)
Well, this is going to be a process, last Sunday was kind of a fluke, the rest of week did not return the same high payouts, not even close, doing the exact same thing, hit or win rate about the same amount of winners but would be a loosing proposition in the long run, So I started looking for ways to separate contenders, I am a pace guy so I watched a Video on Dave's web site, which is one of the great things with this software, never ending amount of videos and instructions, anyway, don't have the product knowledge yet to do it the way Dave was doing it in the video, but with over a dozen ways to look at the pace I am able to find, what he called, a section of the race a horse is able to dominate. Not just a single paceline that may or may not run back to, the software is even capable of looking at class and recession certain pace #s, so much fun
I have always looked at pace as High # = fastest horse, the video explained pace in a different way, or ways so this week I am going to concentrate on finding the sections of the race that a Horse could possibly dominate and apply that to try and narrow down the contenders instead of throwing money at the top rated contenders only. Have not discussed this with Dave or the user page, I may be off in left field here, who knows? But yesterday, while at work (they expect you to do stuff, go figure) I found 2 that jumped off the screen, both won, the payoff on both was small, a 5-2 was the highest but like I said this is going to take a while lefty, but still having a blast with it , its kind of like a new or fresh perspective which I needed so bad, didn't realize just how burnt out I was, BTW spent a couple of Hrs on zoom with one of his long time users, learned a ton that I hope to apply in the near future, that's the type of stuff you don't normally get

First off...Welcome :)

Unfortunately you visited The Twilight Zone that first day....:lol:
There's nothing greater than doing something new and succeeding ...
You just want to shout it out to the world...like you did
Days later , now back on Earth , you see things as they are..
There is nothing great or magical going on....
This is horse racing!!!!
HSH is a complex and confusing program.
Dave guides people to his way of thinking that the Whales has it right and that we all need to go along with them or we are all losers.
Well , I didnt go that way....I couldn't bet low odds horses and be happy.
I believe its a slow and painful death with any of the commercial stuff out there. The Whales has access to the most intelligent and sophisticated information out there which no one can match. Thats why THEY win!!
Instead of quitting , I was determined to learn as much as I can before giving up.
I watched most videos that was available....
The break thru came when I found that I can create Excel reports within HSH. This was information that is hidden from people that most of the members dont even know about and is not divulged.
With this new knowledge I can begin my testing with regression analysis.
The 1000's of factors was reduced to maybe less than 100 factors that were considered significant and not correlated.
Of those handful , the best performing factors are Morning Line and Bris Prime...I'll let you guys figure out how good that is..
I did created some work using exports to Excel but it was time consuming and it just didn't break into profits.
Bottom line , in a nutshell, you can do just as well getting your contenders from the top 4 morning line odds as to using HSH.
If all fails doing it your way there are other options..
1) Buy Dave's time at $125/HR to get one on one lessons..
2) Buy the Seminars that come out every few months on unproven theories that you have to figure out....

This is my opinion and experience in the 1+ years with HSH..

Good Luck!!

Mike

kdavis7837 08-22-2020 05:01 PM

Thank Mike, I understand how you feel, after 40+ yrs handicapping about everyday I was just plain Burned out, It wasn't fun anymore, I didn't contact Dave because I thought he held the secrets to my fortune, been around awhile and know better, nor have I any intention of changing the basic Handicapper part of me, I contacted him because I just simply wanted something different, if I downloaded one more Bris PDF or stared at Timeform was going to rip the few hairs I have left out of my head
The way I see it, I am having fun again, its not all about the money, it helps but more about the game to me but it was to the point that I feel guilty if I didnt have my head buried in PP's.
I was Lucky, I know that but the program paid for itself the first day I attempted to use it. Dumb luck because it sure wasn't skill, I lost a little over the week, less than 100.00 I think, a good week compared to others but today I am up, a lot, not bragging but just saying its fun, more fun than say hrs reading PP's which I was beginning to hate. So its all good, the support is tremendous, I asked and there was no consultation fee, I even interrupted a couple of those guys dinners and they stayed with me, cant help it, still impressed and would recommend the product but then somethings work for some and not for others, who Knows, I developed a little system about play not play based on percentages. So far its working for me but that might change tomorrow, Like you said " Its racing" at least I can honestly say I didn't waste my money (this time anyway) Darn, see what I get just lost the first at Delmar, Inquiry not going to help

oughtoh 08-22-2020 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdavis7837 (Post 2645106)
Thank Mike, I understand how you feel, after 40+ yrs handicapping about everyday I was just plain Burned out, It wasn't fun anymore, I didn't contact Dave because I thought he held the secrets to my fortune, been around awhile and know better, nor have I any intention of changing the basic Handicapper part of me, I contacted him because I just simply wanted something different, if I downloaded one more Bris PDF or stared at Timeform was going to rip the few hairs I have left out of my head
The way I see it, I am having fun again, its not all about the money, it helps but more about the game to me but it was to the point that I feel guilty if I didnt have my head buried in PP's.
I was Lucky, I know that but the program paid for itself the first day I attempted to use it. Dumb luck because it sure wasn't skill, I lost a little over the week, less than 100.00 I think, a good week compared to others but today I am up, a lot, not bragging but just saying its fun, more fun than say hrs reading PP's which I was beginning to hate. So its all good, the support is tremendous, I asked and there was no consultation fee, I even interrupted a couple of those guys dinners and they stayed with me, cant help it, still impressed and would recommend the product but then somethings work for some and not for others, who Knows, I developed a little system about play not play based on percentages. So far its working for me but that might change tomorrow, Like you said " Its racing" at least I can honestly say I didn't waste my money (this time anyway) Darn, see what I get just lost the first at Delmar, Inquiry not going to help

If your having fun again it was well worth it. Any money you make is icing on the top.

mikesal57 08-22-2020 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdavis7837 (Post 2645106)

You have a great attitude towards things and life..
have fun and enjoy...
if you need any help , I'm here and not going anywhere...
I was lots of help on his boards but was soon going to be banned because I wasnt a downloader .
He was worried about outsiders gaining crucial ideas from him and his group.

Mike

PaceAdvantage 08-22-2020 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesal57 (Post 2645153)
I was lots of help on his boards but was soon going to be banned because I wasnt a downloader .
He was worried about outsiders gaining crucial ideas from him and his group.

WAT?

Didn't we just have some long thing where you were very much a downloader? Who got a really sweet deal in fact...

Worried about outsiders gaining crucial ideas?

Who are you? You're like the center of everything...everything is about mikey.

mikesal57 08-22-2020 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2645158)
WAT?

Didn't we just have some long thing where you were very much a downloader? Who got a really sweet deal in fact...

Worried about outsiders gaining crucial ideas?

Who are you? You're like the center of everything...everything is about mikey.

My God ..you dont stop....:lol::lol::lol:

Yes , I did get a sweet deal but that doesnt mean I have to stay with something that didnt work for me...

As for banning non-downloaders ..its not my idea...its Daves....

You can look for his posts on that subject unless he took it down..

He got what he wanted anyway.....me off his site...

PaceAdvantage 08-22-2020 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesal57 (Post 2645163)
My God ..you dont stop....:lol::lol::lol:

Yes , I did get a sweet deal but that doesnt mean I have to stay with something that didnt work for me...

As for banning non-downloaders ..its not my idea...its Daves....

You can look for his posts on that subject unless he took it down..

He got what he wanted anyway.....me off his site...

I don't stop? You're right. It's my website. I'll post where I want to. Thanks.