Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Trayvon Martin (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92496)

bigmack 03-22-2012 02:45 PM

While REv Al & Co., head down to Flahrida for a MASSIVE rally tonight, I was struck by a couple of media moments. This morning Joe Scarbrow struggled to call the kid a 'boy' - Explaining in depth how difficult it is for a white man to call a young black man, boy. Secondly, Tamroon Hall prefaced her comments with 'Just keepin' it real' and then went into a jag about how white people were probably surprised to see pictures of the kid skiing, because white people don't figure black people as skiers.

You can't make this shit up. Stereotypes run amok. :eek:

TJDave 03-22-2012 03:51 PM

On the top ten list of...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmack
went into a jag about how white people were probably surprised to see pictures of the kid skiing, because white people don't figure black people as skiers.

World's shortest books.

Brylcreem users, also. :rolleyes:

Tom 03-22-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJDave
And Trayvon?

What mental picture would you associate with that name? :rolleyes:

Victim.

HUSKER55 03-22-2012 10:47 PM

YEH AND AL AND HIS CRONIES WOULDN'T TRY TO SELL IT WOULD THEY. tHE GUY IS HISPANIC AND NOT WHITE. DOES THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO BLACK RACISTS LIKE REV AL?

GaryG 03-23-2012 12:32 PM

Well, you just knew that this was going to happen....The POTUS weighs in on the subject. Someone somewhere acted stupidly and his initials are BHO.

President Obama, during a brief Rose Garden press conference meant to announce his nominee for World Bank president, ventured into the high-intensity controversy over the unarmed black teenager fatally shot in Florida -- calling the case a "tragedy" and saying if he had a son, "he'd look like Trayvon."

NJ Stinks 03-23-2012 12:59 PM

In my opinion, I think Obama wanted to lower the temperature a little. I don't know if it will be helpful or not but I don't get where "stupidly" comes from.

fast4522 03-23-2012 07:01 PM

DRIVEWAY 03-23-2012 09:17 PM

http://www.weerdworld.com/2012/georg...arrest-report/

More details about the encounter between Zimmerman and Martin.

Based upon pictures in the press, I thought Zimmerman(5ft 9) was bigger than Martin(6ft 160lbs).

Robert Fischer 03-23-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIVEWAY
Based upon pictures in the press, I thought Zimmerman(5ft 9) was bigger than Martin(6ft 160lbs).

And you were correct based upon your impression of pictures in the press. Zimmerman is even less familiar with 160lbs than he is with the limits of heading a neighborhood watch.

DRIVEWAY 03-23-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
And you were correct based upon your impression of pictures in the press. Zimmerman is even less familiar with 160lbs than he is with the limits of heading a neighborhood watch.

I agree with your weight assessment of Zimmerman. Can't find a full length picture of him to determine if he's husky or fat. Either way, I wonder how he could have run down a lean 17 yr old.

bigmack 03-23-2012 09:53 PM

http://www.newsrealblog.com/wp-conte...ite-lineup.jpg

Dial into the biggest tools in TelevisionLand. This is the biggest thing since John Dean ratted out Dick.

Dopey Ed has blamed everyone from Jeb Bush to the Koch Bro's. An indictment of the legislation. An indictment of the pOleese.

Then, they were also the ones saying the gulf spill was the end of the world.

Blame. Blame. Blame.

bigmack 03-24-2012 12:32 AM

Have no fear, JJ is there.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...REPORT2012.png

He's a talkative guy.

See if. You can keep. Up. With JJ. In this. Clip. It's not. Easy. But like me. You may get. Caught up in. JJ Fever. :jump:

[YT="Keep Hope...Give me Money."]f0lnztzoi7M[/YT]

johnhannibalsmith 03-24-2012 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmack
Have no fear, JJ is there.

He's a talkative guy.

I'm exhausted from all the left foot in, left foot out, shaking it all about.

Tom 03-24-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryG
Well, you just knew that this was going to happen....The POTUS weighs in on the subject. Someone somewhere acted stupidly and his initials are BHO.

President Obama, during a brief Rose Garden press conference meant to announce his nominee for World Bank president, ventured into the high-intensity controversy over the unarmed black teenager fatally shot in Florida -- calling the case a "tragedy" and saying if he had a son, "he'd look like Trayvon."

The Bigot N Chief just said that all black people look alike? :lol:

PhantomOnTour 03-24-2012 10:50 AM

Don't let the usual over the top, rabble-rousing reaction of some black leaders take away from what happened....a tragedy.
That kid shouldn't have been shot, period.

All most on here wanna discuss (and make fun of) are the Rev Al and JJ types and their reactions.
How did that become the focus of this discussion? :confused: