Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Trayvon Martin (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92496)

whiptastic 03-20-2012 02:25 PM

Trayvon Martin

Teen Shot and Killed

Evidently he was talking to his girlfriend on the phone when this went down. The background really makes you wonder why the shooter wasn't arrested, but we may never know. The feds are getting involved, so maybe something will come of the investigation. Sad. The shooter sounds like a real nut. It's also odd that only 3 stories about this appear on fox news website in the last month.

johnhannibalsmith 03-20-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiptastic
... It's also odd that only 3 stories about this appear on fox news website in the last month.

It's a big cover-up. Rupert Murdoch is the real shooter. Koch Brothers sent the kid for Skittles.

GaryG 03-20-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
It's a big cover-up. Rupert Murdoch is the real shooter. Koch Brothers sent the kid for Skittles.

I heard that Palin had him on her hit list....Bristol was seen leaving the scene.

whiptastic 03-20-2012 04:41 PM

I watched her walk away...so to speak ;)

Seriously, it's all over CNN and USA Today, just 3 stories on Fox. Can't figure that.

lsbets 03-20-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

I watched her walk away...so to speak ;)

Seriously, it's all over CNN and USA Today, just 3 stories on Fox. Can't figure that.

I saw the story at least 4 times on Fox news yesterday. Pretty sure there was a segment on every news show on the channel yesterday.

bigmack 03-20-2012 04:57 PM

This is being touted by the likes of Rev. Al, as a 'white on black' crime.

You're telling me this guy's white?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...2_13_51_08.jpg

When does Pat Boone or some other cracker run around the country protesting 'black on white' violence? Frequent fliers dream come true. They'd be REAL busy.

lsbets 03-20-2012 06:30 PM

Another story on fox right now. Yep, they are ignoring it.

Pace Cap'n 03-20-2012 08:31 PM

Fox News online has been reporting on this with great regularity since the day it happened.

whiptastic 03-20-2012 08:42 PM

I only got 3 stories from their site when I searched, but it looks like they've picked up the pace in the past couple of days.

bigmack 03-20-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

I only got 3 stories from their site when I searched, but it looks like they've picked up the pace in the past couple of days.

What a relief. Fox dodged a bullet from scouts like you. Nice work. :ThmbUp:

If we're counting, perhaps the OVER coverage @ MSNBC makes up for it. They're all jazzed-up on this story. Good chance for Rev Al to redeem himself from the Tawana BrawLey caper. Heck, he could see a bump in ratings for his show. From 8 households to 10.

johnhannibalsmith 03-20-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmack
What a relief. Fox dodged a bullet from scouts like you. Nice work. :ThmbUp:

If we're counting, perhaps the OVER coverage @ MSNBC makes up for it. They're all jazzed-up on this story. Good chance for Rev Al to redeem himself from the Tawana BrawLey caper. Heck, he could see a bump in ratings for his show. From 8 households to 10.

I don't really understand how many stories need to be written to tell the story anyway. I go to HuffPo and see 10,000 redundant articles, mostly little more than borderline racebaiting nonsense anyway. The story hadn't changed a whole lot until the 911 tapes were released, the Feds jumped in, and now the story from the girlfriend.

Does it really demonstrate a heightened level of integrity to have every nitwit on the staff write the same story over and over again?

It would be one thing if they (Fox or whoever) were misrepresenting the facts or not covering the story - but they are - they just aren't pounding it into our head 400 "different identical" ways that this Hispanic guy named Zimmerman is a "white Hispanic" and the victim is black.

This Zimmerman clown seems like a real creep and there is enough reason to be suspicious that the local cops flubbed this one that there's a story here and in a rarity, I'm fairly happy to see the DoJ involved. But half the media acts like they won't be satisfied until they manufacture a race riot to cover for two weeks. Okay, okay... I'm outraged... I was when I read it the first time... I'm not getting more outraged every time they re-write the same story.

Steve 'StatMan' 03-20-2012 10:05 PM

I'm don't know if I'm any more outraged now than when I read about this story from the links here in off-topic soon after it happened - I was very outraged and still am. I am very glad, however, that this hasn't been swept under the rug. I'm hearing things about their prosecuton options being limited - and that IS outraging me more. If there is a self-defense law, I think any shooting needs to be confirmed by a judge or jury that it eas indeed in self defense,. Not just by one person bullshitting the cops without an investigation. Frankly, if I saw this guy anywhere near people outside of his home, he should be shot on sight - just protecting myself and all the others around him - he might shoot someone, he has & killed someong in the past, wouldn't it be justified?

Unless they can realy prove he shot him in self defense, and NOTHING I've read or heard suggests that, I hope he ends up behind bars for decades, and then gets to experience living in prison with the types of people who he really does fear, rather than this poor kid who wasn't doing anything at all to deserve violence that has been made aware of to the public. I don't trust this overzealous goofball.

There shouldn't be any race wars over this, because EVERYONE ought to be wanting to ensure this is reviewed and that true justice is served.

Tom 03-20-2012 10:17 PM

This bottom feeder murdered the kid, no doubt.
I don't care if it was racial or not - a kid is dead - that is enough to put this SOB away forever.

Better yet, fry his ass.

Ocala Mike 03-20-2012 11:02 PM

Trayvon Martin

Wow, this shooter's gonna have a hard time finding any love (except that offered him by the Sanford PD). Got a feeling this story's gonna lead to a review of Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law, which may get repealed.

Ocala Mike

lsbets 03-20-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

So your source was a guy who used think progress as his source? :lol: :lol:

Guys, we have a new troll in town.