Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Better Call Saul (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119603)

RunForTheRoses 01-13-2015 08:38 PM

Better Call Saul

Robert Fischer 01-13-2015 08:53 PM

looks fun

FantasticDan 02-09-2015 11:45 AM

And it's here! Anyone catch the premiere last nite? Another episode tonight, its regular slot.

I enjoyed it, Odenkirk is great. I've read that the eps get better and better, so something to look forward to.. :ThmbUp:

horses4courses 02-09-2015 11:54 AM

Watched it.
Liked it. :ThmbUp:

Dave Schwartz 02-09-2015 12:15 PM

Dang, missed it!

Showtime, right?

horses4courses 02-09-2015 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz
Dang, missed it!

Showtime, right?

AMC, Dave.....I think episode 2 should be on at 7pm PT tonight,
but need to double check that.

FantasticDan 02-09-2015 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz
Dang, missed it!

They're running it again tonite before the 2nd ep.. and again several times thru the week. And I'm pretty sure it'll be on-demand too. AMC, as h4c said.

They want to build an audience, so should be easy to catch. :ThmbUp:

RunForTheRoses 03-23-2015 10:14 AM

It has started out a little slow but is getting more and more interesting. Hopefully, they are getting the back details to eventually move forward more excitingly. Not that it has been awful, far from it.
I do love the setting in New Mexico.

FantasticDan 03-23-2015 10:38 AM

Yeah, it's gaining some strong momentum now.. can't wait to see where the elder law stuff goes :D .

Also very happy to see Mike's story unfold.. he's awesome. :ThmbUp:

Hope we don't have to wait a year for the next season.

horses4courses 03-23-2015 10:41 AM

Good stuff :ThmbUp:

Started slow, but story has some nice twists now.

johnhannibalsmith 03-23-2015 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horses4courses
Good stuff :ThmbUp:

Started slow, but story has some nice twists now.

Glad to hear a couple people say that. I planned on watching, forgot about it, taped a few, watched two, well one and a half since I couldn't finish the second, and promptly stopped trying.

I've kind of been meaning to pick a time and watch a string of a few in a row to see if I can get into it.

FantasticDan 03-23-2015 10:58 AM

For me, the show grinds to a halt when they spend time with Saul's "love interest" from the big law firm. She's anything but compelling.

RunForTheRoses 03-23-2015 11:33 AM

Yeah, Mike's story was interesting and he should have a big part in future episodes. I'm really waiting for some crazed lawyer shenanigans though. The sign scam was ok but...

RunForTheRoses 03-23-2015 11:46 AM

I just watched the trailer again and it seems like there is not too much more. Not sure how many episodes.
The folks at imdb think this is a masterpiece with a rating over 9. That's absurd to me. I agree there is some subtle stuff and I love the SW desert end of the world setting but too me it has been average good not outstanding.

Has anyone seen the movie Whiplash? That is another where the imdb rating (8.6) too me seems way to high. I love jazz and was hoping to like it but it was way over the top and not too reality based.

PaceAdvantage 03-23-2015 11:56 AM

I'm starting to think Rotten Tomatoes has better ratings than IMDB...for what that's worth...