Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Saratoga Saddlecloth Colors (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86485)

Ocala Mike 08-19-2011 01:43 PM

Saratoga Saddlecloth Colors

Whose brilliant idea was it to have all the saddlecloths one color today? I'm watching the races from Toga without benefit of sound, and I can't tell one horse from the other.

I realize it's probably some worthwhile cause or other, but can't they have the jocks wear armbands or something?

Ocala Mike

cj 08-19-2011 01:44 PM

Since it is pink I'd be pretty sure it is for breast cancer awareness.

BombsAway Bob 08-19-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocala Mike
Whose brilliant idea was it to have all the saddlecloths one color today? I'm watching the races from Toga without benefit of sound, and I can't tell one horse from the other.

I realize it's probably some worthwhile cause or other, but can't they have the jocks wear armbands or something?

Ocala Mike

http://www.nyra.com/saratoga/stories/Aug122011.shtml

Special event to shine spotlight on women’s role in thoroughbred racing while raising funds for breast cancer research

The New York Racing Association, Inc. (NYRA) will celebrate women and their contributions to the thoroughbred industry with a special day appropriately titled “Fabulous Fillies Day” on Friday, August 19 at Saratoga Race Course.

The day will feature a number of special events and activities designed to honor women of the thoroughbred industry while raising funds to support The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF).

The first 25,000 fans through the admission gates will each receive a pink wristband, courtesy of BCRF. Saratoga Race Course will also feature a pink NYRA flag in flight overhead.

“Women are a central part of the summer racing season at Saratoga Race Course. We invite ladies to join us for a stylish and fun day at the track on Fabulous Fillies Day,” said NYRA Director of Community Relations Joanne K. Adams. “We look forward to celebrating the accomplishments of several extraordinary women while raising awareness and funds for The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.”

The centerpiece of the day-long affair will be the Sizzling Hot Pink Saratoga Hat

PhantomOnTour 08-19-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombsAway Bob
[url]http://www.nyra.com/saratoga/stories/Aug122011.shtml[/url

The centerpiece of the day-long affair will be the Sizzling Hot Pink Saratoga Hat

I'm sure some of the PA guys are wearing one right now...pictures???

PaceAdvantage 08-19-2011 05:31 PM

Do you guys throw beer cans at the TV when MLB players are using pink bats and wearing pink wristbands on Mother's Day?

bigchump 08-19-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Do you guys throw beer cans at the TV when MLB players are using pink bats and wearing pink wristbands on Mother's Day?

Baseball is crooked. I'll stick with the horses.

duncan04 08-19-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj
Since it is pink I'd be pretty sure it is for breast cancer awareness.

What color would the saddle cloths be for prostate awareness day?

Sparky13 08-19-2011 06:34 PM

Wasn't the NYRA the last race group to go to the color saddle cloths? I can remember just a few years ago that they went from all black saddle cloths. Today, I could undertand the "pink" for one day, just like baseball players and teams play with pink bats, gloves and wrist bands.

bigchump 08-19-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan04
What color would the saddle cloths be for prostate awareness day?

I think they should be blue for "blue balls", but that's just my opinion.

Robert Fischer 08-19-2011 06:45 PM

what saddlecloths?

chasing pink hats...

Striker 08-19-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigchump
I think they should be blue for "blue balls", but that's just my opinion.

They are blue. I went to a prostate awareness function after my grandfather passed away from it and the ribbons were blue.

Storm Cadet 08-19-2011 08:00 PM

Too many drugs in baseball...I'll stay with the horses too.

Cardus 08-19-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage

I agree with your sentiment, PA.

There are a couple of neanderthals in this thread.

It's repulsive, really.

Grits 08-19-2011 09:08 PM

This thread, along with its chronic complaints, is useless.

BMustang 08-19-2011 10:20 PM

I'd like to echo a post on the Steve Crist blog:

"Breast cancer awareness is certainly an admirable goal. But lets get it straight, all pink saddleclothes is STUPID!!! It is anti-horseplayer of all genders!!! Can we stop this silliness once and for all??"

I'm surprised they couldn't hear all of the dissatisfaction eminating from OTBs and Sports Books across the nation all of the way back to Saratoga Springs.

I have no problem with the horses in the feature race wearing the pink cloths for one event - but for the entire card. Again, STUPID!!!