Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   North American Takeout Rates and the Woodbine Winners Tax (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159642)

EagleEye Po 08-02-2020 08:37 AM

North American Takeout Rates and the Woodbine Winners Tax

4 Attachment(s)
Attached are takeout rates for most North American and some International Racetracks. The information was gleaned from the rate sheet provided by Woodbine, also attached. If you find any errors please let me know.

The charts also include the Woodbine Winners Tax. If you are not aware Woodbine's Canadian ADW monopoly (excluding Alberta where Xpressbet operates) HPI Bet increases the takeout rates on some US track's wagers creating a significant competitive disadvantage for all Canadians. I have guesstimated that Woodbine Tax scoops in the neighbourhood of $10 million a year from the pari-mutuel pools. These higher rates are noted on the charts in red.

Not surprisingly the Woodbine Winners Tax has resulted in a significant drop in pari-mutuel wagering by Canadians and is clearly detrimental to Horseplayers, but it has also negatively impacted Horsepeople groups and government tax coffers. To add insult to injury the people of Ontario subsidize the Ontario industry with over $200 million a year in public money, but yet Woodbine still feels entitled to throw their customers under the pari-mutuel wagering bus.

AskinHaskin 08-03-2020 04:31 PM

OK, and, takeout at Inverness Raceway is

26.8% WPS

29.2% on exotics

Yet I suppose in your mind those people aren't included among all Canadians.

When you yourself list Canadian tracks leading the league with

34.3% takeout on trifectas, 30.5% takeout on exactas, 31.8% on Daily Doubles, and 26.8% on WPS, then why are you concerned about miniscule stuff relating to U.S. racing?

According to your data, you can have the lowest WPS takeout on the continent with Hastings and Century, or you can enjoy the still-untouched multi-race exotics takeouts of 11.99, 12, 14, and 15% at various U.S. venues.

So how about you cut to the chase and tell everybody that you are most upset by your own choices and preferences, and not by your options. (Those I've pointed out are precisely the same options known to U.S. players)

Prytanis 08-03-2020 05:09 PM

Inverness? At least they have a very nice gulf course near by!

dlivery 08-03-2020 06:55 PM

Well

How low will you go

cutchemist42 08-03-2020 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AskinHaskin (Post 2638718)

26.8% WPS

29.2% on exotics

34.3% takeout on trifectas, 30.5% takeout on exactas, 31.8% on Daily Doubles, and 26.8% on WPS, then why are you concerned about miniscule stuff relating to U.S. racing?

According to your data, you can have the lowest WPS takeout on the continent with Hastings and Century, or you can enjoy the still-untouched multi-race exotics takeouts of 11.99, 12, 14, and 15% at various U.S. venues.

So how about you cut to the chase and tell everybody that you are most upset by your own choices and preferences, and not by your options. (Those I've pointed out are precisely the same options known to U.S. players)

I'm not sure that's right though. I have takeout rates on hpi being a Manitoba resident that are much lower than the posted results on Equibase for those exotics you mentioned.

EagleEye Po 08-04-2020 04:44 AM

This is not my list. This is the list Woodbine creates. Inverness Raceway is not offered on HPI.

Elliott Sidewater 08-04-2020 12:16 PM

question

At the Woodbine website, I see "Woodbine live takeout rates" . Are these rates reflective of an incentive for live play at the track? They're lower than the rates I get for off track play.....

Elliott Sidewater 08-04-2020 01:25 PM

Never mind, it seems that Woodbine Entertainment Group has their own licensed off track betting sites and the lower rates are actually reflective of a small built in rebate.

Zman179 08-12-2020 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AskinHaskin (Post 2638718)

26.8% WPS

29.2% on exotics

Considering that Inverness handles on average $700 per race, I don’t think that’s the track one would want to use for comparison purposes. The highest win pool in a race last Sunday was $201.

paulbenny 08-14-2020 12:44 PM

TAKEOUT CHART

Do you have this in excel? I am building a rebate chart, to net out what the rebates are from an ADW against the actual takeouts. Thanks for this either way. Paul.