Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW) (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Current opinions on ADWs? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74060)

MattB62 08-13-2010 06:31 PM

Current opinions on ADWs?

I know some previous postings have dealt with this subject. I'm looking for an update. Especially opinions on BetAmerica, Twinspires, XpressBet and YouBet (I think recently bought by Twinspires) or other U.S.-based companies.

My main concern is ease of wagering, desposits to the account and withdrawals from the account. Has anyone requested a check for funds and how quick was the response?

MNslappy 08-13-2010 11:15 PM

Twinspires deposit/withdrawal is the best and easiest of any of the ADW's I've tried, which is at least half a dozen or so. Deposits done online, for free, so there's no 1-800 to call to make a deposit which is annoying as hell if you ask me. And their withdrawals are 100% online too, right into your bank account, no waiting for a check, very fast, very reliable, all electronic, no BS.

You can make a $100 deposit 1 minute before a race, make your bet, and then withdraw your winnings as soon as the race results post. Bam, bam, bam, done.

Robert Goren 08-13-2010 11:20 PM

Twinspires is very hard to beat when it comes to taking your money.;)

lamboguy 08-13-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Goren
Twinspires is very hard to beat when it comes to taking your money.;)

its no different than ubet, a matter of face now that i think of it, youbet is twinspires.

rrbauer 08-14-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNslappy
Twinspires deposit/withdrawal is the best and easiest of any of the ADW's I've tried, which is at least half a dozen or so. Deposits done online, for free, so there's no 1-800 to call to make a deposit which is annoying as hell if you ask me. And their withdrawals are 100% online too, right into your bank account, no waiting for a check, very fast, very reliable, all electronic, no BS.

You can make a $100 deposit 1 minute before a race, make your bet, and then withdraw your winnings as soon as the race results post. Bam, bam, bam, done.

Not the $100 you deposited....have to wait until 3 biz days to withdraw that.

rrbauer 08-14-2010 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy
its no different than ubet, a matter of face now that i think of it, youbet is twinspires.

Both outfits have immediate deposits to your account but Youbet transactiions take a day longer than TS, on average, to hit the bank account (both deposits and withdrawals).

Lasix67 08-14-2010 10:15 PM

Twinspires works for me. Free pp's and live video as well as the easiest deposit/ withdrawal setup of any in my opinion. If they could offer a decent rebate they would have the ADW mountain top.

horseking 08-16-2010 01:25 PM

BetAmerica

I haven't been on twinspires in awhile, but BetAmerica now has all the deposit options....moneypak, withdraw/deposit to your checking account, visa, M/C, amex (all online)....very easy, good CS, and 3% rewards.

They still have a ways to go, but they are very responsive to suggests and are constantly working on adding new features/functionality.

Maybe it's just me, but I like supporting an "independent"....I think we need options to keep twinspires/youbet honest....

netbet 08-16-2010 02:49 PM

I also belong to Twinspires and recommend them.

I liked Youbet but they charge a membership fee which I can't bring myself to pay if I can get the same service at Twinspires.

jballscalls 08-16-2010 09:32 PM

I still use twin spires for video and some betting, but for the most part i'm strictly a Premier Turf Club guy

highnote 08-17-2010 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jballscalls
I still use twin spires for video and some betting, but for the most part i'm strictly a Premier Turf Club guy

jb -- I liked your songs. The recording quality was superb. Very nice!

That's a great sounding guitar. What kind is it and what gear did you record on?

If you're interested... here's a link to a song I wrote.

http://www.hypernormal.com/html/how.wav

I recorded it using a very high quality Neuman mic and free Audacity open source recording software. The quality is not bad, but it's a little boomy. I sang and played at the same time. I would have played the guitar and then overdubbed the vocal, but the software is kind of clunky. You get what you pay for. LOL

The guitar is a cheap Ovation. The body is not as thick as a regular Ovation -- it's meant to be plugged in to an amp. I just recorded this song with the mic placed in between my mouth and guitar -- that's why some of the words don't come through clearly.

It was only meant to be a demo not for release.

Enjoy!

PS

Sorry to take this off-topic. So to get it back on-topic... I use Philly Park. It's pretty good. I like the video feature.

rrbauer 08-17-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by netbet
I also belong to Twinspires and recommend them.

I liked Youbet but they charge a membership fee which I can't bring myself to pay if I can get the same service at Twinspires.

Membership fee? I have NEVER paid a membership fee or any other fee at Youbet in 12 years. Premier has better "rewards" (no video) on tracks that they carry and a more diverse set of betting tools, but you can't play Toga there.

PhantomOnTour 08-17-2010 11:55 AM

TwinSpires

After dealing with TVG (stop laughing), XpressBet, and TwinSpires my vote goes unequivocally to TwinSpires. Never a problem with deposits or withdrawals and good customer service. Only problems I have ever had is when their tote company (AmTote?) goes down, and it happens more frequently than it should...like EVERY Kentucky Derby day.

My 'home' track is Fairgrounds (a CDI track) so I enjoy their bazillion wager reward bonuses for betting their tracks, esp when they run a big wager reward promo on a P4 or on big racing days for their tracks. For instance: I expect them to run a big reward promo for the Arl Million card this wknd at AP.

netbet 08-17-2010 12:19 PM

Richard,

Well, I had been using their services a few years ago but then had to put racing on hold for a while so I cancelled my account. Recently, I went to reactivate the account and it wanted me to select a "Subscription plan" which is the limited or unlimited a/v plan.
Sorry for the confusion between Membership fee and subscription plan.

I just don't see the point in paying this fee. I know you have to wager so much per day/month year to see video on Twinspires but it doesn't cost extra....just what I am wagering.
Thanks.

membership
Quote:

Originally Posted by rrbauer
Membership fee? I have NEVER paid a membership fee or any other fee at Youbet in 12 years. Premier has better "rewards" (no video) on tracks that they carry and a more diverse set of betting tools, but you can't play Toga there.

bitter 08-18-2010 11:10 AM

the video fee at youbet.com is ridiculous, no other words can describe it. The quality of the video feed is even more ridiculous, so tell me... what are you paying for?
also, i've never seen a place give frequent player points out and then say they expire. How on god's green earth is someone gonna accumulate 2M+ points to get that scooter you're offering before their points expire (unless they play some awful track like finger lakes where points are probably double).
and last.... youbet offers ZERO..... thats right ZERO frequent player points for the major tracks, so say you push 2K into the 'toga del mar pool.... it amounts to nothing in reward points