Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Secretary of State hearing--Rex Tillerson (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135552)

Grits 01-11-2017 03:22 PM

Secretary of State hearing--Rex Tillerson

Have watched today, and still watching on CNN--with break for Trump's speech. I can easily see how this man rose to the top as CEO of Exxon Mobil having been with the corporation since 1975. He is brilliant. And most importantly, he is totally, completely unflappable as he's had decades of practice in the art of negotiation all over the world. Too, his demeanor is "less is more" with responses that are direct, and not to be misunderstood or misdirected. He politely made child's play out of Marco Rubio. Other Senators have seemed in awe of his manner under pressure.

I'm glad I have stock in Exxon Mobil. :lol:

I'm gonna tell you gentlemen like a friend, this is one strong, slow talking, easy going, sharp minded Texan. Wow. ;)

reckless 01-11-2017 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grits
Have watched today, and still watching on CNN--with break for Trump's speech. I can easily see how this man rose to the top as CEO of Exxon Mobil having been with the corporation since 1975. He is brilliant. And most importantly, he is totally, completely unflappable as he's had decades of practice in the art of negotiation all over the world. Too, his demeanor is "less is more" with responses that are direct, and not to be misunderstood or misdirected. He politely made child's play out of Marco Rubio. Other Senators have seemed in awe of his manner under pressure.

I'm gonna tell you gentlemen like a friend, this is one strong, slow talking, easy going, sharp minded Texan. Wow. ;)

Glad you started this thread, Grits. I figured that many of the PA OT-General posters would use the hearing to put the standard knock on him so I am glad to know he has at least two supporters here. :)

Also glad that you own stock in XOM too Grits. Rex Tillerson added over $200 billion in profits since he became the CEO in the early 2000s.

Please try to read this recent article out of Dallas about a side of Tillerson most of us do not know. A side that I am sure CNN will never mention.

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/co...week-jury-duty

boxcar 01-11-2017 03:56 PM

Trump is a die-hard, successful businessman at heart. As such, I'm pretty confident that all his nominations are success-based nominees. There will be no affirmative action types in this administration. And if by chance, some nominee doesn't perform up to Trump's expectations, Trump will fire him -- literally! And that's the way it should be because this is the way the real world works.

JustRalph 01-11-2017 05:49 PM

The adults are back

FantasticDan 01-11-2017 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph
The adults are back

Trump's an adult? Do you mean, like, X-rated? :blush: :D

Greyfox 01-11-2017 05:56 PM

Tillerson is an excellent choice, hopefully Rubio doesn't break ranks here.

JustRalph 01-11-2017 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hmmm.....

ebcorde 01-11-2017 06:25 PM

Tillerson is the only guy I understand

yeah, He knows how to do whatever Trump wants. Problem is if its something bad, what will he do then? Eagle Scout or Oil yes man.

You have to answer CNN questions. You can't let Spicer/Conway on CNN then refuse Jim Acosta. CNN been waiting 6 months to ask the clown a question.

Media needs to grow balls.

trump approval rating below 40%

ebcorde 01-11-2017 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FantasticDan
Trump's an adult? Do you mean, like, X-rated? :blush: :D

you know Putin;s buddies supplied him with hot babes, Melania types but 20 years younger over there?????!!!!!!! They got tape of the Dufus sex acts and Putin watches for fun and LOL.
man, they clown on him. They are Laughing at us

Trump kinda admitted it,...!!!!!??? he talked about little cameras!!??? hmmm?
The guy was nabbed by Billy Bush, so you know Putin got him. Its a real life Homeland.

germaphobe? with one exception Hot chicks a-okay.

ElKabong 01-11-2017 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grits

You're a sharp lady, Grits.

As I've posted before, I went to high school with his wife. Hands down she's the nicest human being I've ever known or come across.

Someone as nice as Renda, she wouldn't marry someone without scruples. Her background wouldn't allow it. And I can attest she wouldn't have married for money either. First, she was an intelligent gal who did well for herself in the business world. Second, she was "raised right". Money and status never impressed her. She didnt hang with any cliques, had friendships that crossed every boundary on a Very diverse campus. She was one of a kind.

Greyfox 01-11-2017 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebcorde
you know Putin;s buddies supplied him with hot babes, Melania types but 20 years younger over there?????!!!!!!!

Unless you know that for a fact, and you don't, that is a horrible accusation to make about anyone! :ThmbDown:

Grits 01-11-2017 08:01 PM

Quote:

You're a sharp lady, Grits.

As I've posted before, I went to high school with his wife. Hands down she's the nicest human being I've ever known or come across.

Someone as nice as Renda, she wouldn't marry someone without scruples. Her background wouldn't allow it. And I can attest she wouldn't have married for money either. First, she was an intelligent gal who did well for herself in the business world. Second, she was "raised right". Money and status never impressed her. She didnt hang with any cliques, had friendships that crossed every boundary on a Very diverse campus. She was one of a kind.
How cool is that, ElKa!! Really cool that you went to school with Renda. We have something in common....she and myself. In my entire lifetime, I've never fit in with cliques. I've never been surrounded by other women, their clubs, their card games, etc. It's been solitary at times, but I'm real ok with that. I have my son, that's all I need. I'm strong that way. ;)

Quote:

Glad you started this thread, Grits. I figured that many of the PA OT-General posters would use the hearing to put the standard knock on him so I am glad to know he has at least two supporters here. :)

Also glad that you own stock in XOM too Grits. Rex Tillerson added over $200 billion in profits since he became the CEO in the early 2000s.

Please try to read this recent article out of Dallas about a side of Tillerson most of us do not know. A side that I am sure CNN will never mention.

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/c...-week-jury-duty

Reckless, I've not yet, but I'll be sure to read this! Thanks for posting it.

UPDATE....Later, after I posted, Rubio came back again. He wanted Tillerson to admit or state, outright, that Putin, the Philippines leader, and others were guilty of war crimes. Calling them, war criminals. Tillerson didn't want to say this at this point in time as he's not had access to classified materials yet and to do this has legal implications. Too, for heaven sake, the man is not yet confirmed. Tillerson didn't turn a hair; told him exactly why he wouldn't call them war criminals. But, it wasn't enough for Rubio. Minutes after the exchange, Rubio appears in the hallway with his own press conference and goes on and on, refusing to state he will confirm him. It smacks of payback to Trump. .... Rubio is enchanted with his own mediocre importance. .... In closing, I'll note, CNN is all over it. Tillerson may have a way to go. But, I hope not. He's smarter than Trump and that was the goal for Trump to surround himself with the brightest. I'll give Trump credit, he did well today, until CNN's reporter pissed him off. :lol: Here's some Twitter comments I read, gentlemen.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/819220865208360960

letswastemoney 01-11-2017 08:23 PM

I like Marco Rubio. He endorsed Donald Trump after the primaries were over and didn't waver, even after the pussy grabbing video.

I think Rubio sincerely believes this is a questionable choice. We'll see.

chadk66 01-11-2017 08:33 PM

he will be cleared by congress quite easily. how awesome it must be following Clinton and Kerry into that office. you could only look like the greatest prospect in the world next to those two.

Grits 01-11-2017 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letswastemoney
I like Marco Rubio. He endorsed Donald Trump after the primaries were over and didn't waver, even after the pussy grabbing video.

I think Rubio sincerely believes this is a questionable choice. We'll see.

I wrote that a reporter pissed Trump off. The word's used here. You wrote p****, this word's not used here. It's common. From now on, how about you find another word when you're speaking of women.