Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Harness Racing (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Monticello: Tuesday, January 10 (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135533)

Teach 01-10-2017 12:06 PM

Monticello: Tuesday, January 10

Race One:

1 DINNER GUEST drew the outside starting post in his last; yet he managed to get a 2-hole tuck. However, he ran out of gas and finished off the board as a 5-1 shot. Today, this No Pans Intended-bred aged gelding draws the rail. He can make amends, esp. with his get-away-from-the-the-car quickly pilot, Jim Devaux. Assuming this 12 year-old makes the lead, it’ll then be ration, ration, ration. Others: 2 POP ICON; 3 TENDTOWIN.

Race Two:

5 MAJESTIC JO had a troubled trip in her last. She was parked out through a portion of the mile. It was the kind of tightening race this 9 year-old needed. She now gets a better starting post; I wouldn’t be surprised to see her out and going when the wings retract. If she can clear the lead, she can – as the late-great Howard Cosell would say – “go all the way”. Others: 4 ABIR HANOVER; 3 NOWERLAND NATHAN; 1 SIGNAL HILL OK.

Race Three:

3 SALEVESTER STALLONE gets a driver change to Jim Devaux (this past November, Devaux had five winners on a 9-race Monticello card). That’s a big factor in enhancing this Artsplace-bred gelding’s chances of gracing the winner’s circle. Devaux may well have this aged gelding – with over a half-a-mill in lifetime earnings – out and going off the car. Others: 7 MAY DAY; 1 MAKEOUTLIKEAPANDIT; 4 R T LANGE

Race Four:

1 BAD AS BART gets both a much improved starting post and a significant class drop. Those two factors improve this Sportsmaster-bred gelding’s chances of getting his picture taken. This gelding runs evenly; that means he should be on or near the lead. Others: 7 SING BIRD SING; 3 OAKS HANOVER; 3 SEMALU EXPRESS.

Race Five:

3 NICE DREAM gets my tepid nod in what I see as a wide-open race. I believe this 11 year-old gelding has the kind of closing speed to prevail. The gelding should be well-positioned to mount a closing stretch drive. Others: 6 MR INVINCIBLE; 5 GRECALE AS; 1 LARISSA.

Race Six:

8 IDEAL CANDIDATE –despite his outside starting post – has a solid chance of winning. Bruce Aldrich, Jr., the top driver at Monticello – has the ability of putting this Cambest-bred gelding “on the engine”. If this gelding gets to the top, he may be tough to collar. Others: 6 FOR KEVIN’S SAKE; 1 MR SIDEBURNS; 3 CHEROKEE RANGER.

Race Seven:

2 MAYFLOWERMOONSHINE gets starting post relief. That mat well do the trick for this aged Direct Scooter-bred gelding. Should be pacing close to the lead. He’s capable of mounting a strong closing brush. Others: 5 BOOTS N BOURBON; 4 WINBAK PRINCE; 1 HAWKER

Race Eight:

2 I’M GORGEOUS is my longshot try on today’s card. Yes, this 10 year-old bay horse has been away from the pari-mutuel scene for over a month. Yet, there’s tons of back-class. Owner-trainer Nick Clegg is a solid conditioner. The question remains: Is he ready? If so, this pacer could pull off the upset. Others: 7 LONE SURVIVOR; 3 LAUXMONT CAPRI; 1 MOBIL BIG JOHN.

Race Nine:

In the finale, I’m going with 7 STEVE SAID. This 5 year-old Artsplace-bred bay gelding is capable of making the top from his outside starting post. If this gelding can clear, he can prevail. Jim Devaux is in the bike for an excellent trainer, Dolores Basilone. Others: 2 BAHAMA BAY; 3 NANCY’S SKEYSCAPE; 6 LITTLE MAN CAM.