Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL** (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Omaha Beach or Roadster? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151554)

Lemon Drop Husker 04-13-2019 08:07 PM

Omaha Beach or Roadster?

Who should Mike Smith ride in the Kentucky Derby?

MadVindication 04-13-2019 08:11 PM

Omaha Beach. Bye bye Baffert.:jump:

Vinnie 04-13-2019 08:13 PM

Omaha Beach getting into his own at the right time baby!! Omaha Beach.... :headbanger:

zico20 04-13-2019 08:13 PM

I wish the track was fast. I love both of them, but Omaha Beach clearly liked the slop. If it wasn't for Baffert having Roadster, Smith would probably take Omaha Beach. Remember this, how many trainers have won the Triple Crown in the past 40 years. That's right, just Baffert. If Smith has his eyes on another Triple Crown winner, go with the trainer who has done it. There is no indication Mandella can manage a horse through those five weeks. Not saying he can't, but we know Baffert can.

Lemon Drop Husker 04-13-2019 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zico20 (Post 2452436)
I wish the track was fast. I love both of them, but Omaha Beach clearly liked the slop. If it wasn't for Baffert having Roadster, Smith would probably take Omaha Beach. Remember this, how many trainers have won the Triple Crown in the past 40 years. That's right, just Baffert. If Smith has his eyes on another Triple Crown winner, go with the trainer who has done it. There is no indication Mandella can manage a horse through those five weeks. Not saying he can't, but we know Baffert can.

Excellent point. :ThmbUp:

Lemon Drop Husker 04-13-2019 08:20 PM

I just called Peyton Manning to weigh in on the subject. He seemed pretty clear on his answer.

f2tornado 04-13-2019 08:30 PM

Omaha. Not even close.

Run Nicholas Run 04-13-2019 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker (Post 2452440)
I just called Peyton Manning to weigh in on the subject. He seemed pretty clear on his answer.

:D:lol::headbanger:

eli had to ask archie

Run Nicholas Run 04-13-2019 08:38 PM

if smitty does indeed chose the beach ,
does monkey get off code of honor and gets JV
the open mount on Roadie ? or does flair ride Victor?

jocko699 04-13-2019 08:47 PM

I'll be very surprised if Smith gets off of Roadster. OB raced well today but lets just settle down. Improbable was not going to win this race with his pre-race antics. He is still a very talented horse.

BTW, Roadster has raced twice since his throat surgery and he is still getting stronger. When BB stated last year who he thought his best 2-year old was we should have really paid attention.

GMB@BP 04-13-2019 08:59 PM

Well this is not easy.

Mike really likes Roadster the horse, I know that sounds crazy for a jockey who rides great horses every day but in this case it's true.

The whole trainer thing is overblown. Back during the tough times Mandella always supported Mike with good mounts.

Future mounts down the road are not a consideration unlike most other riders.

Lemon Drop Husker 04-13-2019 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMB@BP (Post 2452462)
Well this is not easy.

Mike really likes Roadster the horse, I know that sounds crazy for a jockey who rides great horses every day but in this case it's true.

The whole trainer thing is overblown. Back during the tough times Mandella always supported Mike with good mounts.

Future mounts down the road are not a consideration unlike most other riders.

Another excellent point.

I think Mike is at a status that he can make his decision and not offend either trainer/owner, or cut any ties whatsoever. FFS, he is Mike Smith.;)

Tough decision. Really tough decision. I think Omaha, but likely due to recency. Roadster ran into a zero pace Santa Anita Derby. Then again I'd probably go with Roadster due to being a bit more versatile. Maybe.

Heck, maybe he should just wait till post positions are drawn to make his decision. :D

Robert Fischer 04-13-2019 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker (Post 2452440)

:D

PowerUpPaynter 04-13-2019 09:28 PM

Yes Omaha Beach loves the wet track but the horse has run big in the Rebel and he has been blazing workouts. Hes the real deal. Big BIG time horse coming into his own at exactly the right time. Will be all over my tickets on top of the $9250 Id win in futures bets on him off a $75 total investment. Super pumped for this horse. :headbanger:

Lemon Drop Husker 04-13-2019 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter (Post 2452475)
Yes Omaha Beach loves the wet track but the horse has run big in the Rebel and he has been blazing workouts. Hes the real deal. Big BIG time horse coming into his own at exactly the right time. Will be all over my tickets on top of the $9250 Id win in futures bets on him off a $75 total investment. Super pumped for this horse. :headbanger:

No matter what happens, that is some solid early 'capping brother. :ThmbUp: