Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - Computers (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Windows updates (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143331)

headhawg 07-22-2018 10:44 AM

Ignorance may be bliss, but I prefer to be as informed as possible when it comes to Microsloth especially now with their very strange update policies and patches that screw up computers. Thanks again to forced89 posting about the AskWoody site. Lots of great information there including from some of the posters in the forums.

Tom 07-22-2018 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AltonKelsey (Post 2344917)
While I have occasionally had a minor issue with windows updates (more so on Windows 10) , I have been running my Windows 7 since

I've been on 86 on two computers since W98. Still use that on one laptop but not on the internet.

Got to get the W10 machine hooked up one these days.
Had in on the shelf for two years.

Still got a W7 new/used machine in the box.....don't remember when I bought it! LOL!

Tom 07-22-2018 06:37 PM

Should read XP, not 86.
I was writing down my picks for the last race when I posted this! :lol:

AltonKelsey 07-23-2018 06:14 PM

Not sure why you would stay with xp, when 7 and up is 100x better. Is that what you're saying?

Tom 07-24-2018 01:38 PM

XP is doing everything i need it to do.
Just because computers get bigger and better doesn't mean I need to use what they have. My computer needs have not changed is 20 years.

I have W7 machine and a W10 machine ready to set up but I just know it will be a lot of work and a lot crap will have to be fixed once I do. MS has zero credibility with me. They are shit. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Who knows what I will lose when I do switch?
MS has been going downhill since DOS 3.2

highnote 07-24-2018 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2346159)
XP is doing everything i need it to do.
Just because computers get bigger and better doesn't mean I need to use what they have. My computer needs have not changed is 20 years.

I have W7 machine and a W10 machine ready to set up but I just know it will be a lot of work and a lot crap will have to be fixed once I do. MS has zero credibility with me. They are shit. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Who knows what I will lose when I do switch?
MS has been going downhill since DOS 3.2

Same here.

One of my doctors who retired several years ago still had a computer with a monochrome screen and a dot matrix printer in his office for running echo-cardiograms or something. It worked fine. Why upgrade?

ReplayRandall 07-24-2018 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highnote (Post 2346180)
Same here.

One of my doctors who retired several years ago still had a computer with a monochrome screen and a dot matrix printer in his office for running echo-cardiograms or something. It worked fine. Why upgrade?

To be compatible with 5G....

reckless 07-24-2018 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highnote (Post 2346180)
Same here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReplayRandall (Post 2346182)
To be compatible with 5G....

Are you saying 5G will now make my heart run faster and more efficient?

Thanks Randall, you may my day and my damaged heart sing. :)

ReplayRandall 07-24-2018 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reckless (Post 2346199)
Are you saying 5G will now make my heart run faster and more efficient?

Thanks Randall, you may my day and my damaged heart sing. :)

I love you too, my brother...:cool:

AltonKelsey 07-25-2018 11:31 PM

I upgrade my hardware once a decade , but you guys make me look like a "new and improved" freak .

I guess no one runs 5 apps at once or HD video , or anything where speed and multitasking is needed. XP ? Right

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...7zRnOTucDR3AWw