Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board


Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   NYRA: Baffert and Vitali are detrimental to the sport of T-Bred Racing (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166662)

Boomer 09-21-2021 07:33 PM

Wayne Potts and Vitali
 
Potts, another fine upstanding citizen involved in the game we love has been banned from most mid-atlantic tracks. Of course Monmouth bans noone, but what about NYRA,

Read it and weep,

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/t...aim-violation/

burnsy 09-22-2021 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the little guy (Post 2755895)
Medina Spirit "ran a hole in the wind" last time?

Yeah , I probably over stated that. I don’t have a clue about Del Mar. I wouldn’t bet there with your money. I really have no clue how the times play there. But from watching the replay he won clear and free. The other favorite is in the area but the rest are gasping. My point was after the Preakness you really gotta wonder about his turn around time running back. And the lack of “ointment “. Since when is number 9 a reason to scratch? Cause there’s more 5 freaking horses in the race? Is that even the official ridiculous reason?

classhandicapper 09-22-2021 10:27 AM

I could see him not going to the PA Derby right from the start. It looked like the field was going to come up very strong (and it did). A very good case can be made that several of those horses have moved past Medina Spirit and a couple others are eligible to break out. So unless he was expecting a breakout performance from MS, there wasn't much upside to shipping, getting his head handed to him, and then having to deal with the "see I told you he was drugged with PEDs in the Derby" chatter. He could stay in CA, look for a softer spot, try to protect the horse's value, and find out whether the horse is developing enough to be considered for the BC without all that. What I don't understand is why he even bothered entering and using the post 9 excuse if he already knew he probably wasn't going to go. I guess he was hoping it wouldn't come up so tough or someone else would scratch.

burnsy 09-22-2021 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classhandicapper (Post 2756013)
I could see him not going to the PA Derby right from the start. It looked like the field was going to come up very strong (and it did). A very good case can be made that several of those horses have moved past Medina Spirit and a couple others are eligible to break out. So unless he was expecting a breakout performance from MS, there wasn't much upside to shipping, getting his head handed to him, and then having to deal with the "see I told you he was drugged with PEDs in the Derby" chatter. He could stay in CA, look for a softer spot, try to protect the horse's value, and find out whether the horse is developing enough to be considered for the BC without all that. What I don't understand is why he even bothered entering and using the post 9 excuse if he already knew he probably wasn't going to go. I guess he was hoping it wouldn't come up so tough or someone else would scratch.

See, that, I totally agree with most of it. Like I said there’s at least two horses in there…….. that right now, I don’t know that he can beat them. That’s why I was disappointed. But he did run ok in that race and won. I don’t know about the doping talk but my feeling was Charlie and Bourbon might kick the crap out of him giving me something to bet on. That’s all I care about. I really could care less about all the bull shit debates. That’s why I don’t post that much. I’m usually just looking for an angle to play. I like cashing tickets….. all the noise and talk, not so much

dilanesp 09-22-2021 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnsy (Post 2756005)
Yeah , I probably over stated that. I don’t have a clue about Del Mar. I wouldn’t bet there with your money. I really have no clue how the times play there. But from watching the replay he won clear and free. The other favorite is in the area but the rest are gasping. My point was after the Preakness you really gotta wonder about his turn around time running back. And the lack of “ointment “. Since when is number 9 a reason to scratch? Cause there’s more 5 freaking horses in the race? Is that even the official ridiculous reason?

I thought the race was visually impressive, but cj informed me that the time was painfully slow. So I don't know what to make of it. Sometimes speed figures don't accurately measure a performance, but I'm disappointed we don't get a chance to see where the horse is right now in the PA Derby.

Andy Asaro 09-23-2021 07:19 AM


Andy Asaro 09-24-2021 04:10 PM


dilanesp 09-24-2021 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Asaro (Post 2756485)

You think the Jockey Club will let me name a horse Medina's Spirit's Urine?

BarchCapper 09-24-2021 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 2756511)
You think the Jockey Club will let me name a horse Medina's Spirit's Urine?

Or maybe Win and Urine?

dilanesp 10-01-2021 07:56 AM

The LA Times sucks up to Baffert:

https://news.yahoo.com/last-stand-bo...k=tw&tsrc=twtr

One thing that truly pisses me off in there- the Times reporter obviously believed Baffert's lawyer and wrote as a fact that he could only get 30 days from KHRC. That's not true. I read the regulations and if they wanted to, they could suspend him for years and his lawyers would lose badly in court challenging it.

dilanesp 10-01-2021 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 2757664)
The LA Times sucks up to Baffert:

https://news.yahoo.com/last-stand-bo...k=tw&tsrc=twtr

One thing that truly pisses me off in there- the Times reporter obviously believed Baffert's lawyer and wrote as a fact that he could only get 30 days from KHRC. That's not true. I read the regulations and if they wanted to, they could suspend him for years and his lawyers would lose badly in court challenging it.

Here are my posts from the other thread setting out the regulations. He can get much more than 30 days:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...&postcount=727

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...&postcount=726

Andy Asaro 10-01-2021 09:25 AM

Cherwa wastes no time in putting the knee pads on for Baffert. Poor guy even has a "claustrophobic and cluttered office"


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Do you use energy percentages?
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.