Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board


Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lets cap Thurs GP Race 5 (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158184)

mikesal57 05-21-2020 08:25 AM

Lets cap Thurs GP Race 5
 
Hey All...

Back again with another race for you guys to cap and talk...

We are doing GP Race 5......

In picking a race, I do cheat and peek at the favorite...
I hope its a "bad" favorite" so that we can get a price...


Go get em.....

Use sire "Sidney's Candy" at

h o r s e - r a c e s . n e t
(remove spaces)

PS- O WOW...just notices I'm over 3000 posts....thx CJ...:lol::lol::lol:

mikesal57 05-21-2020 08:38 AM

My contenders.....

I will list my rules a little later...

2-4-10-11-12

The 2 & 4 will push each other to defeat with a 22.3 - 45.2 fractions..both out

The 10 cant handle those fraction...out

The 11 will be ahead of the 12 most of the race till the end BUT a bad losing record eliminates him...out

Winner #12

My longshot pick is #3...yes hes 30-1 but in the past , at this pace, he did run some good races..

jay68802 05-21-2020 10:02 AM

:1: Money Come 12/1: One good race and that came in a slow to average pace race at GPW. Could pop first after claim, but would have to be a lifetime best. Thanks, but no thanks.

:2: Alaskan 4/1: Trainer tells you his opinion, breaks maiden and please take this horse for $6250. Gets a top pilot and will be bet. Winning chances if fires.

:3: Taylorsinitiation 30/1: Read your post Mike, all I can say is GL with this one.

:4: Big Spender 7/2: Will Saffie get the needle out for one of his bigger owners? Or is he still in re-hab? This guy might be good enough without the medication. Contender.

:5: I Stand Corrected 12/1: Has never shown a race that can win this. Route to sprint and looks like the first time going this short. With this trainer anything is possible. Have to use.

:6: Russian Wine 30/1: Uhmmm, no.

:7: Bolt 20/1: See the :6:.

:8: Steadily 8/1: Another one from the Barboza barn. Route to sprint also. Maybe the trainer has no clue on these, but have to use.

:9: Broadway Pete 20/1: Now or never for this one, going with never.

:10: Poppy's Destiny 15/1: Not a bad race off the long break. Then first time turf and did not respond. Lots going for this one at good odds. Has ran well enough to win, surface change, lowest level and is stakes placed. Might be the only true bet in the race.

:11: Starship Tax 6/1: Not good or bad. Useful exotics horse.

:12: Deckology 3/1: Won second off a break already and Saez gets on. Has the talent to win. Get 5/2 for odds and you can bet this one.


:12: and :10: on top for win bets with the right odds.

coachv30 05-21-2020 10:33 AM

My top Plays are the :4: and :12: with :5: being my longshot play.

Exacta- 4,5,12 / 2,4,5,6,12

Trifecta - 4,5,12 / 2,4,5,12 / 2,4,5,6,12

mikesal57 05-21-2020 11:28 AM

Jay...Love your comments...great write-up...just what I'm looking for...

AWESOME!!

PS- While going to Doctors office , I started my doubting (LOL)

Gulfstream is the opposite of Tampa...inside / speed is better...

Lets second guess with our horses on the EXTREME outside...

mikesal57 05-21-2020 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachv30 (Post 2605679)
My top Plays are the :4: and :12: with :5: being my longshot play.

Exacta- 4,5,12 / 2,4,5,6,12

Trifecta - 4,5,12 / 2,4,5,12 / 2,4,5,6,12

coach...isnt the 3 a long shot angle play?

in each of last 3 races ..a horse came out and won...

coachv30 05-21-2020 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesal57 (Post 2605705)
coach...isnt the 3 a long shot angle play?

in each of last 3 races ..a horse came out and won...

Yes...I see that and had to go back and look why I didn't identify. Since I started following this angle, I've taken notice of so many races that have multiple horses that are coming out races where there have been a next out winner last out and two back, etc...I since began to tighten the angle a bit and look for how / where this horse finished in those races in lengths behind that next out winner. I forgot who mentioned this in the other thread but it has made this angle hunt much less chaotic. ..

I think if the 3 was cutting back in distance or dropping in class I would consider him, but the consistent fading out in the past two races at today's distance chases me off of him.

However, since we had this conversation, I'm gonna use him in my EX and Tri because I do not want to be kicking myself in the ass when he finishes 2nd or 3rd at 25-1:D

mikesal57 05-21-2020 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachv30 (Post 2605708)
Yes...I see that and had to go back and look why I didn't identify. Since I started following this angle, I've taken notice of so many races that have multiple horses that are coming out races where there have been a next out winner last out and two back, etc...I since began to tighten the angle a bit and look for how / where this horse finished in those races in lengths behind that next out winner. I forgot who mentioned this in the other thread but it has made this angle hunt much less chaotic. ..

I think if the 3 was cutting back in distance or dropping in class I would consider him, but the consistent fading out in the past two races at today's distance chases me off of him.

However, since we had this conversation, I'm gonna use him in my EX and Tri because I do not want to be kicking myself in the ass when he finishes 2nd or 3rd at 25-1:D

just dont blame me if he ends up in race 6....:(
jay already has him there

coachv30 05-21-2020 11:58 AM

Thoughts on this idea......would anyone be interested in conducting a live ZOOM handicapping session for a particular race in the near future. Mike...you could decide on the race, I will set up the ZOOM session and post the link. We could get on about 15 mins to post, discuss / debate about our selections and then watch the race live.

mikesal57 05-21-2020 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachv30 (Post 2605719)
Thoughts on this idea......would anyone be interested in conducting a live ZOOM handicapping session for a particular race in the near future. Mike...you could decide on the race, I will set up the ZOOM session and post the link. We could get on about 15 mins to post, discuss / debate about our selections and then watch the race live.

I'm game.....we would all need a mic...correct?

15 mins before is too late for a discussion...I'd say anytime after track conditions and scratches are known
Like about 50 mins before Post #1 starts ..so that people can cap & bet the card

coachv30 05-21-2020 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesal57 (Post 2605722)
I'm game.....we would all need a mic...correct?

15 mins before is too late for a discussion...I'd say anytime after track conditions and scratches are known
Like about 50 mins before Post #1 starts ..so that people can cap & bet the card

I said 15 in case people wanted to cap ahead of time before the session...but that works for me. Yes...a mic would be needed unless you have a laptop with a built in mic or a smartphone.

bucktron 05-21-2020 12:23 PM

:4: public will make him 8/5
:2: like the Jockey/Trainer combo. Bet if over 3/1.


Exactas
:4: /:2:

:4: /:5:

:2:/:4:

Muddy 05-21-2020 12:37 PM

scratches:7::8:

jay68802 05-21-2020 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesal57 (Post 2605714)
just dont blame me if he ends up in race 6....:(
jay already has him there

He is not that slow. But he might help the track crew get ready for the next race.

mikesal57 05-21-2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay68802 (Post 2605736)
He is not that slow. But he might help the track crew get ready for the next race.

you f&*%er


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Do you use energy percentages?
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.