Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - Sports (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Tebow.....gotta love this guy (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140105)

JustRalph 08-10-2017 09:58 PM

Tebow.....gotta love this guy

http://nypost.com/2017/08/10/tim-teb...-autistic-boy/

I can't stop cheering for this guy. Stick with the video

kingfin66 08-11-2017 01:13 AM

He is a class act.

MutuelClerk 08-11-2017 10:38 AM

Interesting how the bar lowers for flag waving bible thumpers and raises for a guy like Kaepernick.

JustRalph 08-11-2017 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MutuelClerk (Post 2205835)
Interesting how the bar lowers for flag waving bible thumpers and raises for a guy like Kaepernick.

**** Kaepernick

He's a turd

MONEY 08-11-2017 12:22 PM

Quote:

What do you mean by "for a guy like Kaepernick"?

PhantomOnTour 08-11-2017 01:21 PM

He came to my restaurant for Easter brunch a few years ago...he is the real deal who acts the same way whether the cameras are on him or not.

I root for him too, how can you not??

JustRalph 08-11-2017 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour (Post 2205905)
He came to my restaurant for Easter brunch a few years ago...he is the real deal who acts the same way whether the cameras are on him or not.

I root for him too, how can you not??

Great to hear. You can tell a great deal about someone by observing how they treat wait staff.

Just my opine

highnote 08-11-2017 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph (Post 2205755)
http://nypost.com/2017/08/10/tim-teb...-autistic-boy/

I can't stop cheering for this guy. Stick with the video

The Browns would have been far better off signing Tebow than Johnny Football.

Tebow wasn't great all the time, but he was great when he had to be.

kingfin66 08-11-2017 11:02 PM

Quote:

My gosh, your comment is so inane that I feel compelled to respond. First off, I should tell you than I am 100 percent atheist. That is A-T-H-I-E-S-T as I believe in neither heaven nor hell nor god nor the devil. That is just how it goes. I once considered myself to be "spiritual" but that is fading away. Given my beliefs, or lack thereof, I actually consider Tebow to be, as you referred to him, one of those bible thumpers. He does wear it on his sleeve after all which is his right to do.

Why do you make the thread about Kaepernick? The OP posted a story about something cool that Tebow did for a kid with autism. Did you happen to watch the video? I don't typically see athletes do things like this - ever. Tebow, on the other hand, was caught doing it on camera - albeit some crude camera work - when no big cameras were watching. I have never seen Kaepernick do anything like this. Have you? Maybe when and if he ever does, justralph will start a thread about it. Maybe he won't.

I will tell you what I have seen Kaepernick do. I have seen him intentionally take a principled stand to bring attention to what he believes to be injustice. He does it in very high profile situations - the playing of the national anthem - when he knows the cameras are on him. Good for him and now he is living with the consequences. As a very socially liberal person - did I mention that I am an atheist from Seattle by way of Southern California - I think that what the NFL is doing to him is unfair. He is being blackballed for his beliefs and for being too black. This has nothing to do with a bar being set high or low. I am going to spell this out for you so that you understand: what Tebow did was an act of kindness to a kid while what Kaepernick did was politically motivated. So how about if you want to talk about Kaepernick again (there has already been at least one thread about it), go start a thread.

kingfin66 08-11-2017 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highnote (Post 2206197)
The Browns would have been far better off signing Tebow than Johnny Football.

Tebow wasn't great all the time, but he was great when he had to be.

I don't know, I think you have to be able to throw it reasonably well in this league. He just can't do it. His big mistake was a refusal to switch positions. Well I guess he did as he is now an outfielder and a class act.

MutuelClerk 08-12-2017 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MONEY (Post 2205870)
What do you mean by "for a guy like Kaepernick"?

Always glad to be inane. What i meant is Tebow will possibly be brought up by the Met's because he's Tim Tebow. A draw. Not a true major league player. As far as Kaepernick goes. He has the talent to play in the NFL. Maybe a starter on a bad team or a back up on any team. The NFL has had rapists, murders, abusers keep their jobs. Kaepernick's " crime" wasn't near as serious. He should be playing. If NFL fan bases put up with these other offenses. Then kneeling during the anthem in my eyes is a minor offense. And also well within his rights to do so. A double standard to me.

MutuelClerk 08-12-2017 07:13 AM

I rarely click the links in here. They are usually political and kind of self serving. IF Tebow did something cool for a kid with autism that's great. I'm sure he does a lot of that stuff. He seems like that kind of person. Obviously I have no issue with that. But when the Mets call him up in September. It is the double standard I refereed too above.

MONEY 08-12-2017 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MutuelClerk (Post 2206291)
He has the talent to play in the NFL. Maybe a starter on a bad team or a back up on any team.

I feel that this statement also describes Tebow the year that he was released.
So the big differences between Tebow and Kaepernick, would be that Tebow stood up for the National Anthem and Kaepernick didn't. Tebow didn't cause the NFL to lose viewers and Kaepernick did.

Kaepernick is not a bad person, he just chose to be politically correct in front of the wrong audience.

"Colin Kaepernick has donated $700K of his $1 million pledge to 24 different organizations"

Article:
https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017...test-donations

highnote 08-12-2017 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingfin66 (Post 2206216)
I don't know, I think you have to be able to throw it reasonably well in this league. He just can't do it. His big mistake was a refusal to switch positions. Well I guess he did as he is now an outfielder and a class act.

He couldn't throw well, but he did win a national championship in college. He had a great run at Denver, but Elway wanted Manning. Manning couldn't throw at the end either, and he could barely run, and he had a broken neck! But he did have leadership skills.

I think given enough time Tebow could have been an effective QB. NFL teams don't seem to want to take time needed to develop a QB. Maybe it's too expensive to take the time given their salaries?

What have the Browns done since Tebow left the league? Imagine if they had stuck with him all these years and given him the chance to develop and let evolve into the position.

That is my Tebow theory of evolution. :D

MutuelClerk 08-12-2017 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MONEY (Post 2206314)
I feel that this statement also describes Tebow the year that he was released.
So the big differences between Tebow and Kaepernick, would be that Tebow stood up for the National Anthem and Kaepernick didn't. Tebow didn't cause the NFL to lose viewers and Kaepernick did.

Kaepernick is not a bad person, he just chose to be politically correct in front of the wrong audience.

"Colin Kaepernick has donated $700K of his $1 million pledge to 24 different organizations"

Article:
https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017...test-donations

The biggest difference is one of them changed sports and might get called up in September as a gimmick. As far as football goes Tebow brings a dynamic on the field that I always found interesting. I don't believe Kaepernick on your team would cause viewership to decrease or fan interest in your team to plummet. Maybe viewership decreased because the Thursday match ups really suck. Maybe it's because the games take to freaking long. The only way i can really watch the NFL is Redzone. But, that's just me. Inane...:)