Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lukas Classic (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172721)

PhantomOnTour 10-01-2022 02:01 PM

Lukas Classic

I think Happy Saver gets over the hump today.
He won his first five races, then ran 3rd, and has now finished 2nd five times in a row behind the likes of Maxfield (who never lost at CD) Olympiad, Life Is Good & Flightline.
Those last three are the best older males in the country, and I think he handles this group today.
Should sit just off Hot Rod & Art Collector and will get first move on the Derby winner.
Price won't be great, but I'll single him in multis and hope to make some money.

Who ya' got?

Tom 10-01-2022 04:14 PM

Good race.
CD card is very good today. :ThmbUp:

I'll take:

Art Collector
Hot Rod Charlie
Happy Saver

In the Ack Ack, I'm looking hard at :5: Three Technique.
He looks like a new horse after a winter on the recycled track at TP, upped his Beyer four times in a row to a new top of 102, then 2 months freshening and a bullet 5 to get back on track followed by 3 5f drills on the training rack. Shouls be fit, 80% exacta finishes at CD.

:1: Speakers Corner looks to tailing off to me. I'll use him in a box with :5: but I don't really like him.

GMB@BP 10-01-2022 04:38 PM

The amount of horses re-rallying on the inside the past 10 days at CD is pretty staggering. Speakers Corner should be pretty tough in the Ack Ack but he was so bad at del mar with no real excuse.

Untreated has had some crappy setups and fits well in this spot and hoping he is on the rail tracking.

GMB@BP 10-01-2022 04:59 PM

well, speakers corner is definitely in need of a rest......but way off on the pletcher horse.

Tom 10-01-2022 05:05 PM

And the horse that beat him at Dmr wins today!
I had the show horse......win and place. :rant:

Tom 10-01-2022 05:30 PM

Rich Strike, very game!
Nice meeting older....he loves CD!

PalaceOfFortLarned 10-01-2022 05:30 PM

Really strong race from Rich Strike. Definitely likes the Churchill strip.

PhantomOnTour 10-01-2022 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour (Post 2833331)
I think Happy Saver gets over the hump today.
He won his first five races, then ran 3rd, and has now finished 2nd five times in a row behind the likes of Maxfield (who never lost at CD) Olympiad, Life Is Good & Flightline.
Those last three are the best older males in the country, and I think he handles this group today.
Should sit just off Hot Rod & Art Collector and will get first move on the Derby winner.
Price won't be great, but I'll single him in multis and hope to make some money.

Who ya' got?

Splat!

Man just doesn't wanna win - got the trip I imagined and couldn't mount any kind of rally.
In retrospect, he's a suck up type horse that's been picking up checks in big races. The Met Mile is a perfect example. Speakers Corner wasted himself trying to take it to Flightline, and Happy Saver sucked up for 2nd.

Hot Rod is a brawler though - i like him.
Hopefully Rich Strike will be pointed to the Clark instead of the Classic at Kee.

GMB@BP 10-01-2022 05:41 PM

Rich Strike was so much the best in that race, thought the rider had him to close, to wide on a inside track, just got the lead too soon i suppose.

GMB@BP 10-01-2022 10:25 PM

and then just saw the tom foolery from the rider of Rich Strike, pretty bad.

rastajenk 10-02-2022 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceOfFortLarned (Post 2833400)
Really strong race from Rich Strike. Definitely likes the Churchill strip.

I think Richie lives in Lexington, so he probably has a good feel for the Keeneland surface by now, too.

PalaceOfFortLarned 10-03-2022 11:55 AM

ubercapper 10-03-2022 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceOfFortLarned (Post 2833624)

Here's the full story -

https://paulickreport.com/news/integ...lukas-classic/

Richard Migliore was one of the first to say the "saddle slipped" story didn't make sense and took a lot of heat on Twitter for it. Now that it's obvious the stewards didn't buy the story we can move on. :D:D:D:D

Bullet Plane 10-03-2022 05:28 PM

It was a great Derby ride, but I think Sonny showed us that he is a little out of his league at the top of the game.

They probably need a rider switch to one of the big hitters to give this horse a shot.

Of course, I have been consistently wrong about this horse since the Derby. I'll admit that up front.

PalaceOfFortLarned 10-04-2022 05:57 PM

Even more controversy from the Lukas?

HRC using toe grabs?

https://www.horseracingnation.com/ne...ule_in_win_123