Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW) (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   TwinSpires (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145638)

howardjim 06-25-2018 01:54 PM

TwinSpires

No odds display, anyone else?

thaskalos 06-25-2018 01:56 PM

I thought it was only me. The odds are there on the "Classic" format...which I despise.

howardjim 06-25-2018 02:01 PM

Thanks for the quick feedback.

thaskalos 06-25-2018 02:09 PM

Problem fixed. I guess they were waiting for you to wake them up. :ThmbUp:

howardjim 06-25-2018 02:18 PM

CD is a remarkable template for the sport, they simply don't care.

Have a good week!

Nutz and Boltz 06-25-2018 02:31 PM

Been having trouble with Twinspires for weeks , sometimes the exotics odds don't load or the programs don't. I just sign out and sign back in. most times that works.

thaskalos 06-25-2018 02:35 PM

I tried to log onto Twinspires last night...and it kept saying that I had exceeded my allowed unsuccessful login attempts. Even though I hadn't visited the site for 3 days.

Parkview_Pirate 06-26-2018 02:10 PM

I too have had numerous problems with Twinspires, mostly using the Classic interface (from the old Winticket days). Portions of the menu do not display (ie, the "exotics" button used to bring up that sub menu, and other selections for that whole row - is simply not there to select), the odds don't refresh, the cookies don't "stick" with my selected tracks (and have to be re-selected), etc.

By far the biggest pain for me though is when I selected "Recall Today's Bets" under the "More Options" menu in the lower right hand corner. It works intermittently, with both Chrome and Firefox browsers, often returning "No wagers" displayed for long periods (over an hour) of time.

In those rare cases where I have a pick 3 still alive, and want to verify which ponies I might still be alive to - I get nothing. And since I don't (and shouldn't have to) write down my wagers, I find this rather annoying. I get the same result using the Youbet menu (wager log).

Then, over time, without doing anything, the problems with menu displays or recalling wagers will disappear, and everything works fine.

So I would guess they have multiple problems - looks to me like the display of the menu "times out", and the database server is not providing high enough priority to dish out info on previous wagers. The only other time I've seen that behavior was on very busy days (ie, Ky Derby), when the whole system was stressed, and wagers couldn't even be placed at some times...

Finally, their IT weenies are also getting cheap on the video signal, with quality way down and constant resettings of the stream. If using virtualized and/or "pay as needed" resources, this would explain the drop in service. It's pretty much standard for me to wager through Twinspires and watch the races via Xpressbet.

PaceAdvantage 06-26-2018 02:12 PM

I use nothing but the YouBet interface...love it, except for the absolute crap video feed...I sometimes go back to my amwager account for video...

Also, they cut the video feed as soon as the last race goes off, so if you want to catch the last race after it's gone off but before it's finished...or just to see who won if it just finished, you're shit out of luck...they turn the feed off as soon as they break from the gate for the last race.

What's up with that, TwinSpires?

thaskalos 06-26-2018 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2334143)
I use nothing but the YouBet interface...love it, except for the absolute crap video feed...I sometimes go back to my amwager account for video...

Also, they cut the video feed as soon as the last race goes off, so if you want to catch the last race after it's gone off but before it's finished...or just to see who won if it just finished, you're shit out of luck...they turn the feed off as soon as they break from the gate for the last race.

I was gonna comment on this, but I forgot. I had the winner in the last race at Louisiana Downs yesterday, and a tote delay help up the payoff for about 15 minutes...but I didn't know what was going on because the Twinspires signal on that track had been turned off too early. :ThmbDown:

PaceAdvantage 06-26-2018 02:47 PM

Something needs to be done about that. Hopefully, someone from TS reads this, because this is probably the most annoying thing about using them right now.

That, and the video feed they provide their "express" YouBet interface is terrible by comparison to most everything else (including their own TwinSpiresTV interface, which has better video quality).

Nutz and Boltz 06-26-2018 02:55 PM

Another problem I have is with the video. Always seems that just after they enter the backstretch, the feed freezes and I wind up missing the stretch run and finish. Annoying as hell.

Ocala Mike 06-26-2018 03:57 PM

Not here to plug anything, but I'm a veteran of several on-line betting platforms, and I've found NYRA BETS to be the best all-around.

trifecta 06-26-2018 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate (Post 2334141)
I too have had numerous problems with Twinspires, mostly using the Classic interface (from the old Winticket days). Portions of the menu do not display (ie, the "exotics" button used to bring up that sub menu, and other selections for that whole row - is simply not there to select), the odds don't refresh, the cookies don't "stick" with my selected tracks (and have to be re-selected), etc.

By far the biggest pain for me though is when I selected "Recall Today's Bets" under the "More Options" menu in the lower right hand corner. It works intermittently, with both Chrome and Firefox browsers, often returning "No wagers" displayed for long periods (over an hour) of time.

In those rare cases where I have a pick 3 still alive, and want to verify which ponies I might still be alive to - I get nothing. And since I don't (and shouldn't have to) write down my wagers, I find this rather annoying. I get the same result using the Youbet menu (wager log).

Then, over time, without doing anything, the problems with menu displays or recalling wagers will disappear, and everything works fine.

So I would guess they have multiple problems - looks to me like the display of the menu "times out", and the database server is not providing high enough priority to dish out info on previous wagers. The only other time I've seen that behavior was on very busy days (ie, Ky Derby), when the whole system was stressed, and wagers couldn't even be placed at some times...

Finally, their IT weenies are also getting cheap on the video signal, with quality way down and constant resettings of the stream. If using virtualized and/or "pay as needed" resources, this would explain the drop in service. It's pretty much standard for me to wager through Twinspires and watch the races via Xpressbet.

I've experienced the same thing. One thing you can do is this:
1. go to the "express and pro" wagering interface.
2. go to the race number that started the pick 3 by clicking on the "race" drop down menu above the "results" tab; e.g., if the pick 3 started in race 4, click on race 4 in the race drop down menu.
3. click on the "wager list" tab for race 4. It will show your pick 3 selections for races 4, 5 and 6.

Hope this helps.

castaway01 06-26-2018 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2333670)
I tried to log onto Twinspires last night...and it kept saying that I had exceeded my allowed unsuccessful login attempts. Even though I hadn't visited the site for 3 days.

Not to sidetrack from the overall argument, but that was probably someone trying to hack into your account, not a Twin Spires error.

thaskalos 06-26-2018 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by castaway01 (Post 2334354)
Not to sidetrack from the overall argument, but that was probably someone trying to hack into your account, not a Twin Spires error.

Doubtful...because the message that Twinspires showed me was that I should contact their customer service so I could retrieve my "correct login information". And the problem resolved itself a few hours later...without me having to take any further action at all.

PaceAdvantage 06-26-2018 11:15 PM

I was actually going to mention the thing about attempted hacking...that's what it sounds like to me as well.

If they let you, I would change your username in addition to your password.

stuball 06-27-2018 08:31 AM

Hmmmm

That seems like a plug to me - If it walks and looks like a duck - Is it just me???????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????
:confused:

mikesal57 06-27-2018 09:06 AM

Did you guys notice that "conditional betting" has been eliminated???

I called them and they said that they have problems with it and DONT know when it will be fixed...WTF!!!

The only reason why I keep it cause it carries ALL tracks...NYBETS dont carry CHURCHHILL TRACKS AND they dont even have conditional betting....

Might have to go back to AMWAGER

Mike

Went to AMWAGER..is conditional wagering gone their too???

PaceAdvantage 06-27-2018 09:56 AM

Conditional wagering seems to be alive and well at amwager...just logged into my account and was able to set up a conditional wager no problem.

Ocala Mike 06-27-2018 10:06 AM

[QUOTE=mikesal57;2334458

NYBETS dont carry CHURCHHILL TRACKS

[/QUOTE]

They do if you're not in NY! I can bet it.

mikesal57 06-27-2018 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocala Mike (Post 2334477)
They do if you're not in NY! I can bet it.

OK.....:ThmbUp:

mikesal57 06-27-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2334468)
Conditional wagering seems to be alive and well at amwager...just logged into my account and was able to set up a conditional wager no problem.

Will try it later....Thxs

How did you do it exactly?

PaceAdvantage 06-27-2018 10:15 AM

Click on a horse # under the 1st column (say for a win bet), then click the word "add" in the COND column and the box will pop up for you to fill out the conditions.

Know that you always have to +1 on the odds if using decimal odds. I found this out the hard way.

Meaning, if your minimum odds are 3-1, you would put a 4 in the Pricing Condition box when using decimal odds.

It's easier to use fractional odds I guess but at the time I was using conditional betting (I don't any longer thanks to all the late odds changes), I liked to set my cutoff in a more precise manner by using decimal odds.

mikesal57 06-27-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2334482)
Click on a horse # under the 1st column (say for a win bet), then click the word "add" in the COND column and the box will pop up for you to fill out the conditions.

Know that you always have to +1 on the odds if using decimal odds. I found this out the hard way.

Meaning, if your minimum odds are 3-1, you would put a 4 in the Pricing Condition box when using decimal odds.

It's easier to use fractional odds I guess but at the time I was using conditional betting (I don't any longer thanks to all the late odds changes), I liked to set my cutoff in a more precise manner by using decimal odds.

THXS PA ;)

mikesal57 06-27-2018 11:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So if I'm betting the #4 horse and I want it to be 3-1 or over at post time...

I see this....

PaceAdvantage 06-27-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesal57 (Post 2334511)
So if I'm betting the #4 horse and I want it to be 3-1 or over at post time...

I see this....

I would actually use fractional odds just to avoid this confusion.

But if you wanted it to be 3-1 or over in the example you posted, you would enter 3.99 in the Greater Than box...since it says "Greater Than" and you want to include the 3-1s

mikesal57 06-27-2018 12:04 PM

GOT IT!!!

PaceAdvantage 06-27-2018 12:09 PM

They should have a "Greater Than or Equal To" choice as well.

Nutz and Boltz 06-27-2018 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesal57 (Post 2334458)
Did you guys notice that "conditional betting" has been eliminated???

I called them and they said that they have problems with it and DONT know when it will be fixed...WTF!!!

A little over a week ago conditional betting was back for one day, then disappeared again. I gave up on conditional betting anyway. Recently I had an instance where I set the odds at 8/1 at 0 minutes to post. At 0 minutes to post, the odds dropped on my horse to 6/1 and the bet was cancelled. Unfortunately, with all the late betting ,the odds jumped to 13/1 when the gates opened. I wasn't at home when the race ran. Of course, the horse won . Never again!:bang:

thaskalos 07-06-2018 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2334143)

I may be wrong about this...but it seems to me that Twinspires is no longer cutting their video coverage off at the start of the track's last race. For the last couple days, I've actually been able to tune to the day's last race AFTER its start...and I get to see the remainder of the race coverage all the way to the posting of the payoffs. I've seen posters here declare that racing "insiders" visit and read what we write here...but I must admit that I never really believed that. Now I do.

With the recent retirement of our most renowned horseplayer-representatives out there...you might be one of the last independent "movers-and-shakers" left in this game. :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage 07-06-2018 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2338079)
I've seen posters here declare that racing "insiders" visit and read what we write here...but I must admit that I never really believed that. Now I do.

Come on G...where else are they going to go? Twitter? :pound:

PaceAdvantage 07-07-2018 11:10 PM

Also, it seems the video quality is a little better on the TwinSpires Express (old YouBet) interface. Thank you.

Spicemaster 07-08-2018 02:43 PM

Feedback

It may not seem like it all the time, but I think there are a bunch of us that follow up on feedback where we can, both here and via website feedback.

In this case it is not TwinSpires cutting the video off, but rather our provider. It may happen from time to time from our provider, but if you consistently see a particular track getting cut off prior to the feed replays keep hammering us and we'll follow up with them to see if they can extend the time.

We want you to have as good of an experience as possible!

Brant Allen
Sr. Dir of VIP Services
TwinSpires.com

Poindexter 07-08-2018 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicemaster (Post 2339042)
It may not seem like it all the time, but I think there are a bunch of us that follow up on feedback where we can, both here and via website feedback.

In this case it is not TwinSpires cutting the video off, but rather our provider. It may happen from time to time from our provider, but if you consistently see a particular track getting cut off prior to the feed replays keep hammering us and we'll follow up with them to see if they can extend the time.

We want you to have as good of an experience as possible!

Brant Allen
Sr. Dir of VIP Services
TwinSpires.com

When exactly can I expect to be able to upload draft wagers again? It has been what a couple of months now. Why is it disabled anyhow? I spent a lot of time programming spreadsheets so I can input pick 4's and pick 5's and pick 6' quickly and your company has just removed the option. Any particular reason why?

Mechanic 07-08-2018 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poindexter (Post 2339055)
When exactly can I expect to be able to upload draft wagers again? It has been what a couple of months now. Why is it disabled anyhow? I spent a lot of time programming spreadsheets so I can input pick 4's and pick 5's and pick 6' quickly and your company has just removed the option. Any particular reason why?

Same on my end, had to move my play to Xpressbet, T/S screwed the pooch when they bought out YouBet, which was a far better platform than anything T/S has now! batch wagering was much more user friendly, most other sites that offer conditional and batch wagering don't have the issues T/S has been experiencing, maybe some new hires are in order?
Twinspires does not seem to care if I stay or if I go:puke: bye bye Twinspires:ThmbDown:

Spicemaster 07-09-2018 09:09 PM

Draft Wagers

Apologies for the trouble - the developers have it in the queue to fix but I don't know the timing.

It was not disabled as a management decision. There are so many moving parts to all these interfaces and sometimes an upgrade/update affects another part of the website.

I will forward the comments upward....

AltonKelsey 07-09-2018 11:38 PM

I haven't used the batch in a while but I know what it is.

It's a simple text file. Nothing can be broken in uploading a text file that can't be fixed in a day.

If there's something wrong with the back end processing, then that's an other issue.

Nothing that was working for years should take months to fix unless there's ineptness or some political reason .

Spicemaster 07-10-2018 07:05 AM

Draft Wagers

The simple text upload is not the issue. It is as I described, the back-end code and nothing political about it.

There is no reason we wouldn't want to accept wagers.

PaceAdvantage 07-10-2018 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicemaster (Post 2339671)
There is no reason we wouldn't want to accept wagers.

Now this I can believe. Thanks for taking the time to keep us informed here. Appreciate it!