Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Belmont Stakes Roll Call (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113747)

wiffleball whizz 05-18-2014 04:21 PM

Belmont Stakes Roll Call

Whose gonna be going to the Belmont? Looks like a breeders cup in June....

any members gonna be there?!

Maybe the stars align and cj and PA make a celebrity appearance

RunForTheRoses 05-18-2014 05:18 PM

I don't know, it would be cool to be there for history but such a big crowd, I deal with that every work day. Might rather just go to Monmouth for a while then watch at home with beer and food and more beer. Have a good time!

wiffleball whizz 05-18-2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses
I don't know, it would be cool to be there for history but such a big crowd, I deal with that every work day. Might rather just go to Monmouth for a while then watch at home with beer and food and more beer. Have a good time!

That's what I always do......go to the track and then leave at 4pm and watch from home:....

Even money either way on me going

BettinBilly 05-18-2014 06:03 PM

I had plans on Pimlico Wizz, and even had a ticket lined up but my career got in the way.

M/L Odds for me attending Belmont are about the same as you. Weekends in the Spring and Summer for me are busy with my career. We'll see.

I got a Tweet from Bernier (HorsePlayers) that he scored a Hotel 20 mins from the track for $300 for June 6-8. That's a deal.

tanner12oz 05-18-2014 06:09 PM

I ordered tickets the day of the onsale but I haven't gotten them in the mail yet...they said may but this is getting silly

JustRalph 05-18-2014 06:25 PM

how about those people who ordered and then find out CChrome isn't running.......... :bang:

That would hurt...........

wiffleball whizz 05-18-2014 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanner12oz
I ordered tickets the day of the onsale but I haven't gotten them in the mail yet...they said may but this is getting silly

A agree....I bought off stubhub and was told the buyer hasn't gotten them yet...

I can almost see Belmont coming up with a story being a triple crown is on the line.....

I'm not sure what the scene will be like as that race gets ready to go....

If I go GA (not gamblers anonymous) I gotta figure I can outsmart the 1 time a year crowd and get close to the rail.....

I'm really not that exited about dealing with a mass crowd....

The stoopers have to be like the Tazmanian devil in the cartoon with the knife and fork in hand and drool coming from mouth.....

wiffleball whizz 05-18-2014 06:28 PM

Meanwhile cj deleting posts and not chiming here.....I'll take it he not going----that sucks!!!!

Hoping timeform sends him out there for a few days!!!

precocity 05-18-2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiffleball whizz
A agree....I bought off stubhub and was told the buyer hasn't gotten them yet...

I can almost see Belmont coming up with a story being a triple crown is on the line.....

If I go GA (not gamblers anonymous) I gotta figure I can outsmart the 1 time a year crowd and get close to the rail.....

The stoopers have to be like the Tazmanian devil in the cartoon with the knife and fork in hand and drool coming from mouth.....

:lol: you crazy!!!

tanner12oz 05-18-2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiffleball whizz

over/under on whiff dumping these tix for profit and not going ? :-)

wiffleball whizz 05-18-2014 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanner12oz
over/under on whiff dumping these tix for profit and not going ? :-)

1/9 if I can make money.....I'm too at home here in Baltimore

wiffleball whizz 05-18-2014 07:32 PM

Funny story.....

I buy 2 tickets for 316 a piece or about and my friend who stiffs me and hangs me out to dry with the preakness tix thinks the other one is for him....

So I sleep in today and wake up to a text from him saying these seats are now going for 832..... He says if I get 1000 I'll sell them at door

Yeah......he sell my tickets at the door :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nijinski 05-18-2014 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph
how about those people who ordered and then find out CChrome isn't running.......... :bang:

Those who show up will likely be wearing nasal strips in protest .

But I think the stewards will make the right choice .

Then again , there are other reasons to defect .

Grits 05-19-2014 01:16 PM

At Ticketmaster, just now, for Belmont seats, it stated nothing available. I looked at seats on Stub Hub and they are through the roof...which has been the case in the past with a TC possible. But these seem really, really HIGH.

For years, my Belmont ticket/parking pass has been purchased as soon as they go on sale. It arrived several weeks ago. I feel for anyone without a seat as they will be standing all day. The backyard can hold but so many lawn chairs and so many blankets. :faint:

highnote 05-19-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph

Sort of like a bad beat when you bet horses: You pay your money and take your chances.