Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   are they nuts at Los Al (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142327)

lamboguy 12-16-2017 03:24 PM

are they nuts at Los Al

in todays first race with 7 horses and no stickout they don't take show wagers, in the second race with only 5 entrants and a stickout they are taking show!

this is part of the reason why this game is in trouble, the people that run it have zero clue what they are doing.

ronsmac 12-16-2017 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy (Post 2251314)
in todays first race with 7 horses and no stickout they don't take show wagers, in the second race with only 5 entrants and a stickout they are taking show!

this is part of the reason why this game is in trouble, the people that run it have zero clue what they are doing.

No show wagering on maiden 20k horses at Los Al is not part of the reason why the game is in trouble.

jay68802 12-16-2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy (Post 2251314)

I do not know what is stranger, no show wagering or that they had a 7 horse field.

lamboguy 12-16-2017 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronsmac (Post 2251316)
No show wagering on maiden 20k horses at Los Al is not part of the reason why the game is in trouble.

i am basically talking about the decision makers that are running the game.

JustRalph 12-16-2017 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronsmac (Post 2251316)

But it’s damn sure illustrative

What a mess

ronsmac 12-16-2017 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph (Post 2251358)
But it’s damn sure illustrative

What a mess

I agree it may not be ideal, but it's about number 178 on racing's problems.

cj 12-16-2017 07:46 PM

Was a reason given?

lamboguy 12-16-2017 08:16 PM

they should be taking show betting on every race, but instead of paying the minimum breakage, they should be paying the penny. but no, because they want to steal as much breakage from the players they will not change.

lets not forget that the breakage doesn't count towards the purses or the takeout, and therefore not only does the horsemen not get any of that money, but the state gets nothing as well. but one thing for sure, the player pays for the breakage.

and i don't know how to rate the breakage problem, but its somewhere in the top ten or fifteen.

ultracapper 12-17-2017 04:08 AM

Off topic. I've been watching replays this evening, and I feel like the race caller there is as good as any I hear from other tracks. Los Al is nuts, but they certainly did one thing right with the race caller they employed.

Fager Fan 12-17-2017 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy (Post 2251404)
they should be taking show betting on every race, but instead of paying the minimum breakage, they should be paying the penny. but no, because they want to steal as much breakage from the players they will not change.

lets not forget that the breakage doesn't count towards the purses or the takeout, and therefore not only does the horsemen not get any of that money, but the state gets nothing as well. but one thing for sure, the player pays for the breakage.

and i don't know how to rate the breakage problem, but its somewhere in the top ten or fifteen.

Ok. Let them pay to the penny, period. No minimum payouts. Deal?

lamboguy 12-17-2017 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fager Fan (Post 2251449)
Ok. Let them pay to the penny, period. No minimum payouts. Deal?

its fine with me as long as they get rid of breakage that they pocket on everything else.

whisperlunch 12-17-2017 11:18 AM

The breakage is the biggest theft I’ve ever seen. And it amazes me that the players allow it to continue.

whisperlunch 12-17-2017 11:20 AM

I’d join a boycott for as long as it took to get paid off to the penny. But there are to many degenerates that couldn’t last a day or a week to get the breakage rule changed. Sign me up

ronsmac 12-17-2017 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whisperlunch (Post 2251473)
I’d join a boycott for as long as it took to get paid off to the penny. But there are to many degenerates that couldn’t last a day or a week to get the breakage rule changed. Sign me up

The breakage issue which has gone on for 60 or more years has always been a crime and should be reduced to the penny on the dollar which would still be miniscule breakage because I know there won't be rounding up or down , just up . With that said, the takeout increases on exotic wagers has amounted to tens of millions more than breakage ever did. Especially in this day and age where exotics make up a much higher % of wagers than high breakage bets. WPS.

lamboguy 12-17-2017 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronsmac (Post 2251482)
The breakage issue which has gone on for 60 or more years has always been a crime and should be reduced to the penny on the dollar which would still be miniscule breakage because I know there won't be rounding up or down , just up . With that said, the takeout increases on exotic wagers has amounted to tens of millions more than breakage ever did. Especially in this day and age where exotics make up a much higher % of wagers than high breakage bets. WPS.

makes little difference, they have higher calculations for breakage in exotics too. they have it all figured out these days.