Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Sh*t Storm hits the fan as Frank files bombshell lawsuit against Daughter and others. (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147970)

Andy Asaro 10-10-2018 12:09 PM

Sh*t Storm hits the fan as Frank files bombshell lawsuit against Daughter and others.

Excerpt:

Among Belinda Stronach’s alleged malfeasances, the suit contends, are demands for distributions from the family trusts, the hiring of unqualified friends to fill TSG positions “at exorbitant salaries,” and the submission of bogus TSG reimbursement requests for “hundreds of thousands of dollars in personal expenses…associated with parties, vacations for Belinda and her children, limousine rides and expensive meals, none of which related to legitimate business expenses.”

The defendants have 20 days from the date the suit was initiated to file a response with the court.

Tom 10-10-2018 12:15 PM

Suing your own daughter.
Mr. Class himself.

Andy Asaro 10-10-2018 12:19 PM

dilanesp 10-10-2018 12:42 PM

My grandfather was very litigious and sued my father once.

the little guy 10-10-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 2382222)
My grandfather was very litigious and sued my father once.

I don't think this surprises anyone on this board.

sammy the sage 10-10-2018 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2382209)
Suing your own daughter.
Mr. Class himself.

I think it was THE daughter who has been classless...perhaps you should get ALL the facts before ASSuming things...Mr.:rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage 10-10-2018 01:19 PM

Oh look, something else we can call each other names over on this board.

Are some of you for real? Or is it just one giant troll fest?

Don't answer that. I already know, and have known.

PaceAdvantage 10-10-2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammy the sage (Post 2382231)
I think it was THE daughter who has been classless...perhaps you should get ALL the facts before ASSuming things...Mr.:rolleyes:

Sir, I believe you mistakenly capitalized the first three letters of one of your words in your sentence.

Oh wait...ah...that was you trying to be cleverly insulting. Got it.

Never knew you were a FS cheerleader...good to know...lulz

AlsoEligible 10-10-2018 01:53 PM

Don't know why we have to take a side here - you can find fault with both parties.

Neither seem to be great business people. Frank had a bankruptcy (Magna Entertainment) under his watch, which prompted the creation of TSG in the first place. Belinda doesn't seem to be faring much better, if you believe the allegations that she's been trying to cover up cash flow issues:

Quote:

"Frank later learned that during this period Belinda and Alon seriously neglected the business of TSG and [had] abused their positions of authority,” the suit states. “They did so in order to conceal significant cash flow issues, and to favour their own personal interests at the direct expense of rights and interests of other members of the Stronach family.”

In fact, the suit contends, it wasn’t until November 2016 that, “Belinda and Alon informed Frank for the first time that TSG was facing significant liquidity issues. This came as a surprise to Frank and raised red flags about their management of TSG.”
Also, I can say on good authority that the "hiring of unqualified friends at exorbitant salaries" and "bogus reimbursements" have been going on long before Belinda took control. That's always been the Stronach culture, kind of funny to see Frank throwing stones about it now.

Look forward to seeing both sides get their dirty laundry aired out for everyone to see. :popcorn:

Saratoga_Mike 10-10-2018 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the little guy (Post 2382224)
I don't think this surprises anyone on this board.

Totally uncalled for, but it did make me laugh.

PaceAdvantage 10-10-2018 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike (Post 2382246)
Totally uncalled for

Interesting take

Saratoga_Mike 10-10-2018 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2382248)
Interesting take

It was a funny post

FakeNameChanged 10-10-2018 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike (Post 2382258)
It was a funny post

Agreed. After playing the first couple races at Del and GPW, it did lighten my mood somewhat.

PaceAdvantage 10-10-2018 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike (Post 2382258)
It was a funny post

See, what I was referring to was the "totally uncalled for" part. This coming from the person who follows me around this board repeatedly referring to my opinion of Rick Dutrow as a means of bashing me.

"Big, the balls on this one are," said Yoda.

Saratoga_Mike 10-10-2018 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2382262)
See, what I was referring to was the "totally uncalled for" part. This coming from the person who follows me around this board repeatedly referring to my opinion of Rick Dutrow as a means of bashing me.

"Big, the balls on this one are," said Yoda.

Context my friend - "totally uncalled for," but "it made me laugh." By reading the second phrase, I assume Mr. Serling knew I appreciated the post. I believe Mr. Serling prides himself on his acerbic wit, which was on sharp display here. See, you can't always be a literalist - context counts.