Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Break up the Triple Crown! (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168444)

classhandicapper 01-08-2022 10:25 AM

I’m hoping the R0 of Covid is well below 1 at the time so I can feel comfortable seeing the race live in a huge crowd with someone going for a Triple Crown. If I’m watching anyone on TV that’s going to be a disappointment to me.

Tom 01-09-2022 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Fischer (Post 2778486)
If that's the Fox coverage; change vote from Hats to congrats

talented team of horseracing journalists with a lot of genuine quality to offer.

Hats to congrats.....:lol:

I guess if Maggie and Acacia wear hats it will be OK, but ANDY better not wear his dunce cap! :bang::D

horsefan2019 01-11-2022 03:42 PM

Doesn't matter because the people that are gambling on the races are getting the non-network trackside signal. The people watch NBC or FOX are watching it for the sporting aspect and probably can deal with the wierd camera angles they come up with for the races.

cj 01-12-2022 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horsefan2019 (Post 2779371)
Doesn't matter because the people that are gambling on the races are getting the non-network trackside signal. The people watch NBC or FOX are watching it for the sporting aspect and probably can deal with the wierd camera angles they come up with for the races.

This isn't true. Many people that bet the races use the TV feed. Sure, some don't, but the ease of popping on your television is a plus.

Elkchester Road 01-12-2022 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2779509)
This isn't true. Many people that bet the races use the TV feed. Sure, some don't, but the ease of popping on your television is a plus.

It certainly is for me, cj. Just about any race receiving National coverage is a race I am betting on. After handicapping, I enjoy another perspective. It never changes my opinion, but it does give an inkling as to the intentions of the Public...sometimes. :)

wiretowire68 01-12-2022 03:22 PM

Money is Money.... NBC does a great job. Turico, Moss, Bailey, Eurton. I personally could do without the Englishman and Olycyk.. but just opinion.

Michael 01-18-2022 10:16 PM

I voted yes. Big fan of the coverage team that's currently doing "America's Day at the Races." They do a great job if you ask me... and I'm not exactly sure what more a racing fan could ask for. They're much better than NBC's coverage team imo.

It certainly helps when Mig and Maggie are in the paddock giving us another set of eyes. The whole team is fantasic for racing.

Inner Dirt 02-06-2022 10:02 AM

At least with Fox you won't get a flamer giving reports on fashion.

the little guy 02-06-2022 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inner Dirt (Post 2785071)

Someone has some unresolved issues

castaway01 02-06-2022 02:13 PM

Quote:

Now I feel stupid for trying to answer your question in the other thread.

Those "fashion reports" and the like, while apparently hated by those who fear their inner diva coming out, are what gives networks content to fill the hours before the Derby, which itself is only 2 minutes long. There's a reason the Derby actually gets excellent TV ratings and is virtually the only horse-racing-related event that does so (other than Belmont in a Triple Crown year). It's a show, and a show has to offer something for more than just hardcore bettors.

Now I feel stupid for trying to answer your question in this thread too. Like trying to pour water into a rock.

Robert Fischer 02-06-2022 02:43 PM

:ThmbUp:
When I took my 8yo daughter to see Rachel Alexandra in 2009 Mother Goose at Belmont Park, we made a Belmont style hat. Inexpensive materials and went to an Arts store. Was a nice experience.
https://i.ibb.co/ydD54VX/nicolette.jpg

jimmyb 02-06-2022 04:18 PM

Seems to me the Derby coverage could do better than using Johhny Weir and Tara Lipinski to fill up air time as well as Carson Kressly and any other non racing personality. I watch the coverage for the racing and much prefer listening to someone with horse racing knowledge.

the little guy 02-06-2022 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by castaway01 (Post 2785123)
Now I feel stupid for trying to answer your question in the other thread.

Those "fashion reports" and the like, while apparently hated by those who fear their inner diva coming out, are what gives networks content to fill the hours before the Derby, which itself is only 2 minutes long. There's a reason the Derby actually gets excellent TV ratings and is virtually the only horse-racing-related event that does so (other than Belmont in a Triple Crown year). It's a show, and a show has to offer something for more than just hardcore bettors.

Now I feel stupid for trying to answer your question in this thread too. Like trying to pour water into a rock.

On the plus side, now we know why he actually watches....so there's that.

thespaah 02-06-2022 10:09 PM

Quote:

:lol::lol::lol:

thespaah 02-06-2022 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Fischer (Post 2785127)
:ThmbUp:
When I took my 8yo daughter to see Rachel Alexandra in 2009 Mother Goose at Belmont Park, we made a Belmont style hat. Inexpensive materials and went to an Arts store. Was a nice experience.
https://i.ibb.co/ydD54VX/nicolette.jpg

Awww..She's adorable....