Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW) (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   data files (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143620)

green80 03-04-2018 01:26 PM

data files

Some adw's are giving free Past Performances if you make a wager. Does anyone know of any ADW's giving free data files with wagering?

AltonKelsey 03-05-2018 04:40 PM

Never heard of it, but I'd think if you bet enough with them they might rebate you .

oughtoh 03-05-2018 04:46 PM

It would be nice if someone did

cj 03-05-2018 07:23 PM

I don't believe anyone does this. ADWs might give PPs away, but they are paying the provider. Obviously this probably doesn't apply to BRIS and TwinSpires. There might also be an issue with the Equibase license if you gave away the data files.

green80 03-05-2018 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2286582)
I don't believe anyone does this. ADWs might give PPs away, but they are paying the provider. Obviously this probably doesn't apply to BRIS and TwinSpires. There might also be an issue with the Equibase license if you gave away the data files.

Looks like the same PP's I can download from bris. PP's or data files I can get from bris for $1. Makes my wonder why I can get the PP's free from Twinspires but not the Data files. These 1$ add up when you play multiple tracks everyday.

ubercapper 03-09-2018 12:55 PM

XML files for every track/every date are available with a Stats Race Lens subscription. I'm not trying to sell you on it, but the unlimited annual subscription is $999 which works out to pennies a file, not dollars. Quarterly and monthly subscriptions are also available and also provide daily XML files for every track in North America.

cj 03-10-2018 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubercapper (Post 2287919)
XML files for every track/every date are available with a Stats Race Lens subscription. I'm not trying to sell you on it, but the unlimited annual subscription is $999 which works out to pennies a file, not dollars. Quarterly and monthly subscriptions are also available and also provide daily XML files for every track in North America.

Original question was why ADWs can give away free PPs to customers but not the data files. Are they not allowed or is the cost the ADW would have to pay too high and they just choose not to do it?

Pensacola Pete 03-13-2018 08:34 PM

Equibase has gotten tough about data files in recent times, and they discourage their end providers from giving them away. For example, I use HTR and was too busy with business to play the horses in 2017. I got in touch with HDW to get all of 2017 and was told I'd need to pay the full price of $119 per month, with a 10% discount if I ordered the whole year. I can understand their position --- they have bills to pay --- but $1,285 for data files that are up to a year old is more than I want to pay, so I'll do without. It's the same thing with BRIS, Trackmaster, and DRF, so the rule must come from Equibase itself.