Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   POTUS TO THE RESCUE (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170593)

jocko699 05-18-2022 06:53 PM

POTUS TO THE RESCUE

I don't know if he's doing this for the babies or so he always has a fresh supply of baby formula for dessert.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/18/bide...-shortage.html

jay68802 05-18-2022 07:05 PM

Might have done something right, for once....Of course, it's sort of political suicide to have starving babies in your country. Should have the shortage under controll about November, if lucky.

tamaharbor 05-18-2022 08:04 PM

Soon, we will all be calling for “Four More Years!” (lol)

OntheRail 05-18-2022 08:57 PM

Have no fear... the first stop inbound will be at the Southern Border. Anything left on the flight will be taken to a warehouse to be distributed to the Southern Border. :coffee:

Inner Dirt 05-19-2022 03:59 PM

I hope people realize what will happen. The ingredients for the baby formula that are obtained that were marked to go elsewhere will cause shortages in those products, which of course will drive prices of those products up and cause hoarding. One problem solved by creating multiple more problems. Using military aircraft to fly in baby formula? I am sure everyone realizes how expensive air freight is, but that is ok as it is government money.

mrhorseplayer 05-20-2022 09:21 AM

Why cant they just have something like "warp speed" for baby formula and have other facilities manufacture or ramp up production at the ones that already produce baby formula?

Inner Dirt 05-20-2022 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrhorseplayer (Post 2805145)
Why cant they just have something like "warp speed" for baby formula and have other facilities manufacture or ramp up production at the ones that already produce baby formula?

You would think they would have some flexible capacity, but it might be paying overtime and bonuses to do it. Of course it would be a lot cheaper for the government to pay the extra cost per unit to crank out as much as possible, but that would make too much sense compared to expensive air freight. You do realize most people working for the government would be lost trying to run a lemonade stand.

Tom 05-20-2022 05:29 PM

Abortion = Plan A
Baby Formula shortage =Plan B

mrhorseplayer 05-20-2022 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inner Dirt (Post 2805303)
You would think they would have some flexible capacity, but it might be paying overtime and bonuses to do it. Of course it would be a lot cheaper for the government to pay the extra cost per unit to crank out as much as possible, but that would make too much sense compared to expensive air freight. You do realize most people working for the government would be lost trying to run a lemonade stand.

lol yep

Clocker 05-20-2022 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inner Dirt (Post 2805303)
You do realize most people working for the government would be lost trying to run a lemonade stand.

What's the problem? You hire a lemonade chef, a bartender, a waiter or waitress, a busboy for clean-up, and a cashier. Then you come in late, take a long lunch, and count the money at the end of the day.

BIG RED 05-20-2022 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OntheRail (Post 2804858)
Have no fear... the first stop inbound will be at the Southern Border. Anything left on the flight will be taken to a warehouse to be distributed to the Southern Border. :coffee:

...and the overseas formula will be air dropped to the Ukraine. (that's what military planes do)

Inner Dirt 05-21-2022 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clocker (Post 2805353)
What's the problem? You hire a lemonade chef, a bartender, a waiter or waitress, a busboy for clean-up, and a cashier. Then you come in late, take a long lunch, and count the money at the end of the day.

:lol::lol::lol:

Not sure if it is funny or sad. It blows my mind anyone who spent their whole career working for the government trying to discuss what it takes to run a business, big or small. Due note our own Cliff Clavin has done it multiple times.
My girlfriend used to work for the feds, she kept saying they had deadlines to meet like the private sector. The thing is when the deadlines are not met they get an extension, and or more people on the project. The thing is no one ever gets fired, demoted, customers don't get lost and the business never goes out of business for failures.

Tom 05-21-2022 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocko699 (Post 2804846)
I don't know if he's doing this for the babies or so he always has a fresh supply of baby formula for dessert.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/18/bide...-shortage.html

Inner Dirt 05-21-2022 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2805579)

The problem is most people in government have no concept how business works. Even if you are a Pepperdine MBA in business management (That was a prestigious degree back in the day) you have to combine your book learning
with common sense and real world experience, to get fully educated in business management. Most government people have none of the above when it comes to business. Sometimes the school of hard knocks is the best education.

I don't remember her exact words, but Jen Psaki implied tax hikes on corporations will not cause price increases, as the White House considered passing on tax increases to customers an immoral business practice. I almost fell out of my chair when I heard that one. Maybe a career welfare recipient would buy that one, but no one else will.

Stevecsd2 05-21-2022 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inner Dirt (Post 2805598)
I don't remember her exact words, but Jen Psaki implied tax hikes on corporations will not cause price increases, as the White House considered passing on tax increases to customers an immoral business practice. I almost fell out of my chair when I heard that one. Maybe a career welfare recipient would buy that one, but no one else will.

In reality corporations and businesses act as tax collectors for the government. It is the final end customer who pays all of the taxes. If taxes increase most businesses will raise their prices to cover the increase in costs.

For her or the White House to say that passing on any legal cost is immoral is ridiculous.