Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   15% Takeout On All Bets at Meadowlands Turf Meet (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133694)

pandy 09-28-2016 06:45 AM

15% Takeout On All Bets at Meadowlands Turf Meet

summersquall 09-28-2016 06:54 AM

Free admission, parking & seating. Kudos to track management.

Redboard 09-28-2016 07:50 AM

Just looked at the opening day card. All claiming races, most haven’t won in years shipping from Monmouth with half going from dirt to turf, small purses none above $18k. This meet is not going to generate any buzz. Why bother?

pandy 09-28-2016 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redboard
Just looked at the opening day card. All claiming races, most haven’t won in years shipping from Monmouth with half going from dirt to turf, small purses none above $18k. This meet is not going to generate any buzz. Why bother?

10 to 14 horse fields, 15% takeout across the board, turf races. It sounds to me like something a lot of bettors will like. Tampa Bay does pretty good handle with claiming races.

MonmouthParkJoe 09-28-2016 11:11 AM

When they run harness they always have free parking and admission, as well as most seating options. It is nice they do that. I think I remember back in the day they charged $1 for admission and $1 a program. Now I think they just charge $2 or $3 for a live program :)

Yes they racing itself isn't spectacular, but if you look at some of the past turf meets and payoffs, you can get some very good prices on horses. The 15% take only makes it better. I will take a couple stabs this Saturday after playing Santa Anita and Belmont

thespaah 09-28-2016 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redboard

large fields. Lots of opps to find value.
Not seeing a problem.
Just a little more difficult to find the correct horses.
Sharper players should rejoice because there will be a lot of dead money in the pools.

CincyHorseplayer 09-28-2016 01:22 PM

I'll be on board baby! If you understand pedigree and the general nature of turf racing and are getting these takeouts it's hog heaven.

whodoyoulike 09-28-2016 07:43 PM

Thanks for the heads up sounds great!

After handicapping today's 2nd race I find out my ADW TVG doesn't cover the track and is probably the reason I don't recall ever making a bet there.

EMD4ME 09-28-2016 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer
I'll be on board baby! If you understand pedigree and the general nature of turf racing and are getting these takeouts it's hog heaven.

Agreed!

Plus now a dime super that pays $3000 will now pay $3400.

That's a HUGE difference.

Redboard 09-28-2016 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
Thanks for the heads up sounds great!

After handicapping today's 2nd race I find out my ADW TVG doesn't cover the track and is probably the reason I don't recall ever making a bet there.

I can't either, TVG is the only ADW that New Jersey residents are allowed to join.

It's raining there now, but if you hurry you can catch the last race.

affirmedny 09-28-2016 10:47 PM

TVG/4NJbets took bets on it, it's listed as "Monmouth"

Poindexter 09-28-2016 10:53 PM

There is a huge problem with reduced takeout. You have to cash a ticket for the reduced takeout to matter. Wasn't so fortunate. But at least I get to feel the joy of supporting the cause.

whodoyoulike 09-29-2016 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by affirmedny
TVG/4NJbets took bets on it, it's listed as "Monmouth"

Thanks. I don't get it. Is Meadowlands always reported as Monmouth? These are two separate tracks, correct?

upthecreek 09-29-2016 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
Thanks. I don't get it. Is Meadowlands always reported as Monmouth? These are two separate tracks, correct?

Its Monmouth Meet @ the Meadowlands The Meadowlands doesn't run their own TB meet anymore

MonmouthParkJoe 09-29-2016 11:08 AM

Not surprising, payoffs were decent. Looking forward to playing Saturday if the rain holds off