Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL** (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Friday/Saturday 2 day Belmont wagers (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176640)

Bennie 06-04-2023 10:09 PM

Friday/Saturday 2 day Belmont wagers

Just looked at the early entries on DRF and saw the 2 day cross over daily doubles are a $5 minimum and the 2 day pick 4 is $2 minimum. I'm sure the members here are about 50/50 for and against these minimums but wondering what some of your opinions are. For me, being a basic weekend player they are too high for me to get involved but might play as a cheaper parlay Friday to Saturday. I do like the fact they are offering a 2 day pick 6 for 20 cent minimum as this could be a nice pool where I can afford to spread.

f2tornado 06-06-2023 09:23 AM

I'm largely in the same boat but there's plenty of other wagering options for me if I I feel the need to spread. I'll often make an all single play on high rent wagers like the Keeneland Turf P3 or the $5 Golden Hour or Belmont double. A little perspective, a $5 double is still cheaper than putting $3 to win on each horse plus it's always at least a mild thrill when you're live in the last leg on a fatter play.

I have no proof, but it does seem like those more expensive buy-ins provide more bang for the buck when they do get hit. I played the 50 cent CC5 and Churchill Downs Pick 6 on Saturday. I hit the chalky P6 for $88 but missed the chalky CC5 in one race that was only a mild 5/2 upset with Irad up. That wager would have paid $275 or about a 25% premium over the cheaper wager. I suppose some of that could be lower takeout.

burnsy 06-06-2023 12:07 PM

It’s not going to affect me other than I hope they don’t end up with a smaller pool by doing this . They’ve probably tried to figure it out and estimate the difference. Maybe the pool will be larger . I wouldn’t know . But the whole Bonanza and lure of these big days are the large pool sizes . The biggest hits of my life have been on this weekend at Belmont . If you get a good long shot in a pick 3 or 4 that beats a heavy favorite. You’re off to the races . At this point I don’t even play as much as I used to . But I don’t miss the opportunities on these weekends . You gotta be willing to risk some money and take some shots against .

sovereign 06-06-2023 12:55 PM

That $5 Double:

All the imports in the Gold Cup over Tapit Trice and maybe one other.

Parkview_Pirate 06-08-2023 08:31 AM

I've read numerous comments about how the 10 cent super ruined the payouts, but I don't recall ever seeing a detailed quantitative study on the impact of base wager amounts vs. payout and handle on the bet. Anyone?

Personally, I find the $5 double amount to make me just a wee bit more discriminating, with little impact other than maybe restricting a $1 "all wheel" at times.

What I find with the Belmont though is the lack of an Acorn-Belmont Stakes double. Seems pretty obvious the 3YO races couple together (like the other two Triple Crown weekends). Not sure how a two mile race on turf relates to the Belmont Stakes, other than the obvious bigger field will probably increase the handle....the Met Mile-Belmont Stakes double is a bit more palatable, but skipping a race rather than just having them in sequence may be confusing to some.

Some of us are easily confused.

Michael 06-09-2023 05:42 PM

Looks like the $5 double is broken... there's no probable payouts.

cnollfan 06-11-2023 12:57 AM

The will-pays were listed on Twin Spires under the Gold Cup-Belmont Double as if it were a completely separate racetrack from Belmont.

Michael 06-11-2023 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnollfan (Post 2883255)
The will-pays were listed on Twin Spires under the Gold Cup-Belmont Double as if it were a completely separate racetrack from Belmont.

No true... at least not for me. I've used twinspires for a very long time and it wasn't shown with the GC/BS double.

Hard to make a bet when you don't know what the terms are.

f2tornado 06-12-2023 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael (Post 2883423)
No true... at least not for me. I've used twinspires for a very long time and it wasn't shown with the GC/BS double.

Hard to make a bet when you don't know what the terms are.

I could find the will pays on TS but not the probables. I ended up getting them off TVG app. Was live on two to Forte. Oops.