Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - Sports (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Little known maneuver (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161705)

46zilzal 11-21-2020 04:57 PM

Little known maneuver

NOT too often : Cardinals had a holding call IN the end zone, NO place to back up, so the Seahawks get a safety...I cannot recall ever seeing that before (may have and just forgot!)

cj 11-21-2020 05:03 PM

If I had to bet, I would say the most common way to get a safety is a penalty occuring on the offense in the end zone. Generally it is a hold or intentional grounding.

46zilzal 11-21-2020 05:29 PM

Isn't there another, NEVER utilized rule, that awards a team a single point that IS NOT a P.A.T.?

OK found it: On a two-point conversion attempt, the offensive team throws an interception or fumbles into the end zone. The defender who intercepts or recovers the ball runs out of the end zone, then fumbles back into it almost immediately.

cj 11-21-2020 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 46zilzal (Post 2676189)
Isn't there another, NEVER utilized rule, that awards a team a single point that IS NOT a P.A.T.?

OK found it: On a two-point conversion attempt, the offensive team throws an interception or fumbles into the end zone. The defender who intercepts or recovers the ball runs out of the end zone, then fumbles back into it almost immediately.

Now that is one I never heard of before and certainly have never seen it happen!

46zilzal 11-21-2020 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2676197)
Now that is one I never heard of before and certainly have never seen it happen!

As I understood the explanation, it has NEVER been called

proximity 11-21-2020 07:56 PM

i have never heard of that rule either. i know last year bobby okereke had a reverse two point conversion against jacksonville and i'm not sure if there's even been too many of those in league history?:confused:

ultracapper 11-22-2020 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2676179)
If I had to bet, I would say the most common way to get a safety is a penalty occuring on the offense in the end zone. Generally it is a hold or intentional grounding.

I'd be on your side on that bet also. I'd bet the second most common way is mis-snapping the ball to the punter. An actual tackle in the endzone is the rare safety.

FakeNameChanged 11-23-2020 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultracapper (Post 2676467)
I'd be on your side on that bet also. I'd bet the second most common way is mis-snapping the ball to the punter. An actual tackle in the endzone is the rare safety.

And yet, that is the one I've seen the most.

Robert Fischer 11-23-2020 03:10 PM

QB has to punt it!

what is all this 'messin around' near your own endzone :headbanger:

JustRalph 11-23-2020 05:39 PM

Hell of a punt!

ultracapper 11-28-2020 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged (Post 2676849)
And yet, that is the one I've seen the most.

It would be interesting to track for a season or two. As i said earlier, I'd bet the penalty and the mis-snapped ball are more common, but I don't have the numbers. Just a hunch.

Valuist 11-29-2020 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Fischer (Post 2676969)
QB has to punt it!

what is all this 'messin around' near your own endzone :headbanger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PDq...el=kevinWilson

So you have your opponent pinned back inside their own 5 and you know you are going to get great field position, right? Not in this case.