Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL** (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Ok, let's wallow together..How much did you lose? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57289)

Oaklawn 05-02-2009 07:09 PM

Ok, let's wallow together..How much did you lose?

Me, roughly $50 bucks in assorted small win bets, exactas, and trifectas. Feel free to post your wins, but I won't believe you! ;)

:8: :8: :8: :8: unbelievable

toussaud 05-02-2009 07:10 PM

my saving grace was quality road scratched. i had planned to bet a heck of alot but didn't when he scratched. i had a pick but it wasn't as surefire as when he was in the race. so about 100 bucks

cmoore 05-02-2009 07:16 PM

I didn't have the 8 either...But I tried to find a reason why that 8 won..This is what I came up with..Look at the Broodmare sires mud figure...

http://www.breedingwinners.com/aspsp...90502-CD-B.PDF

Hajck Hillstrom 05-02-2009 07:16 PM

Lost $250 and was photo'd out of a $700 profit on the day with MUSKET MAN finishing 3rd.

My big ticket was a wheel/backwheel :2::3::17: with ALL at a cost of $108. :bang:

WinterTriangle 05-02-2009 07:25 PM

The 8 had pretty good speed, now that I went back and looked. STalking abilities, too.

But it doesn't account for his brilliant performance. Seeing it from the aerial view, Mine that Bird he threaded thru the other horses like they were standing still, and didn't even look like it was an effort.

I can't complain, between RA's win yesterday by 20 lengths, the deluge today at CHD, and Mine that Bird winning like he did, I'd say I more than enjoyed the little bit of money I spent on *entertainment*.

Then, my brother, who I haven't talked to in ages calls and says: "you played him, right? Our last name begins with BIRD and your dog's name is Calvin.":bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Hey bro, why didn't you remind me of this BEFORE THE RACE????? It never even occured to me to play the superstition pick. :lol:

OTM Al 05-02-2009 08:06 PM

My wife's daughter asked me to put $2 on him because we had a cockatiel named Calvin who died last year at the ripe age of 22. Thank god I actually made the bet for her as that would have taken the losses up to $500 on the day....grrrrrrrr

deathandgravity 05-02-2009 08:17 PM

$320 Pick 4 alive to: FF, Dunkirk, GQ, P of the Nile & Regal Ransom.

Saving grace: $2 Oaks/Derby Double: Rachel Alexandra/All

JustRalph 05-02-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathandgravity

nice call on the double :ThmbUp:

Oaklawn 05-02-2009 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathandgravity

What did the double pay?

Oaklawn 05-02-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmoore
I didn't have the 8 either...But I tried to find a reason why that 8 won..This is what I came up with..Look at the Broodmare sires mud figure...

http://www.breedingwinners.com/aspsp...90502-CD-B.PDF

I looked at the Tomlinson ratings for a wet track and he was middle of the pack. Dunkirk was one of the highest along with General Quarters.

soupman2 05-02-2009 08:28 PM

I played my kids birthdays in$1 exacta boxes...I bet 8-12 and 8-16 and many other number bets...when I ever saw the exacta I was thrilled (understated)...I was just messing around after I Want Revenge was scratched. I didn't have any idea on the race. I bet 5-6-7 and a few other, but the crazy bet came through! Yahoo! Other than that silly bet, I was losing big time for the day.

deathandgravity 05-02-2009 08:28 PM

$239.60

Not sure if that includes alt pay-out for I Want Revenge scratch?

GaryG 05-02-2009 08:31 PM

I will get my wife's rings out of hock the next time I hit a good one.....promise.

Vinnie 05-02-2009 08:36 PM

I had the 16 w/ the 2-7 and 11 as a saver as a Trifecta wager just in case Pioneer took well to the dirt (SLOP). WOW!! Who who would have ever guessed that in a million years #8 Mine that Bird would have showed such a tremendous turn of foot. God Bless him. If it weren't for him I had it nailed dead on.... I don't think that those horses even knew what hit them with him storming up the rail from way off like that. What a tremendous turn of foot he displayed. (Those were the next 4 in a row!!) Once again, WOW!!! I guess that is why three year olds are capable of coming up huge or they can falter from where you may expect. Twenty one hours in a trailer ride from New Mexico to Louisville. You have to give he and his connections their props.

All the BEST!

Vinnie :)

MrHotStuff 05-02-2009 08:54 PM

i bought about 500.00 worth of tickets. I did many combinations of the Tri and exacta's. The one thing i made sure to do was Box all the favoites with 'All" on exacta's. Not knowing what longshot might come in. I thought it would be WSB, MHS, maybe even Advise or Summer Bird.

So I have the exacta for 1$ Bling Bling