Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL** (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   San Felipe (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143713)

jocko699 03-10-2018 06:01 PM

San Felipe

That was one hell of a race between McKinzie and Bolt D'Oro.

jocko699 03-10-2018 06:06 PM

Be great to have another Affirmed/Alydar rivalry.

Robert Fischer 03-10-2018 06:08 PM

Hall of fame ride by Castellano to get first jump and brush into Mckinzie, and Mckinzie still won. Surprised he had the nerve to call foul on Mike Smith.

Great race.

I wanted to make a sizeable bet on Mckinzie, but I was scared off due to some tail swishing in the lane of the Sham. Wish I had (assuming objection is disallowed).

Both ran very well.

luisbe 03-10-2018 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocko699 (Post 2288612)
Be great to have another Affirmed/Alydar rivalry.

That's taking too long to decide, what do you guys think?

dilanesp 03-10-2018 06:10 PM

Good call.

jocko699 03-10-2018 06:11 PM

Second time in 4 races McKinzie almost sends another sideways. I think it was the right call also.

cj 03-10-2018 06:14 PM

If that is consistently called a DQ we'd have 100 a week in this country.

Robert Fischer 03-10-2018 06:16 PM

Oh man...

what an awful incompetent call by the stewards...

CLEARLY a foul by Castellano on the turn.

Yet they penalized Mike Smith's retaliation at the top of the stretch.

Once you get fouled on the turn, it becomes 'self defense'. There's no way you can call the retaliation, and pretend like the race up to that point wouldn't have been much different without Castellano's great (but illegal) move on the turn.

Soooo Glad I didn't bet my bankroll on Mckinzie. Would have ruined my month with that call.

luisbe 03-10-2018 06:17 PM

Well, here is my observation.
The brush Castellano produced on the turn almost unseated Mike Smith, who then controlled himself but nearing the wire hits the horse 3 times left handed crowding Bolt D'Oro. I'd bet McKinzie next time out.

dilanesp 03-10-2018 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Fischer (Post 2288624)
Oh man...

what an awful incompetent call by the stewards...

CLEARLY a foul by Castellano on the turn.

Yet they penalized Mike Smith's retaliation at the top of the stretch.

Once you get fouled on the turn, it becomes 'self defense'. There's no way you can call the retaliation, and pretend like the race up to that point wouldn't have been much different without Castellano's great (but illegal) move on the turn.

Soooo Glad I didn't bet my bankroll on Mckinzie. Would have ruined my month with that call.

Retaliation is very dangerous.

This isn't hockey. The two hard bumps in the stretch cost Bolt the win. And yes, this gets consistently called at SA.

Robert Fischer 03-10-2018 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 2288635)
Retaliation is very dangerous.

This isn't hockey. The two hard bumps in the stretch cost Bolt the win. And yes, this gets consistently called at SA.

once you foul with a first-run move on the turn, that should be it

you don't get to call foul any more. Maybe, maybe if some 3rd horse, deep closer comes up late and runs you off the track, - but not in regards to a dual with the horse you previously fouled.

safety issue? - I agree. Levy a fine.

GMB@BP 03-10-2018 06:34 PM

Whats this retailiation bullshit...BoltDOro came in at the top of the stretch and about knocked the rider off, they stayed straight and at the very end there was a slight drift with very little contact.

Just dont see definitive reason to make a change.....it all dont matter for the real race in a couple months.

Tom 03-10-2018 06:36 PM

Too bad such a really good race was marred the actions of 5 pinheads - two in the saddles and three in the booth.

f2tornado 03-10-2018 07:02 PM

My tickets all had 1,4/1,4 so I cannot complain. For some reason I do like McKinzie more than Bolt but probably got a few extra bucks the way it went. The final time of race was nothing special but perhaps the surface was dulled by rain.

jocko699 03-10-2018 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f2tornado (Post 2288662)
My tickets all had 1,4/1,4 so I cannot complain. For some reason I do like McKinzie more than Bolt but probably got a few extra bucks the way it went. The final time of race was nothing special but perhaps the surface was dulled by rain.

Don't know about that, I think the number will be very high.