Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   P Val (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129497)

Donttellmeshowme 03-09-2016 09:51 PM

P Val

Hasnt ridden in 2 weeks is he hurt?

Stillriledup 03-09-2016 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donttellmeshowme
Hasnt ridden in 2 weeks is he hurt?

Hmmm. I wonder. :rolleyes:

Zaf 03-09-2016 11:20 PM

Hope he is OK.

Z

SG4 03-09-2016 11:30 PM

Donttellmeshowme 03-10-2016 07:55 AM

It never ends with this guy

no breathalyzer 03-10-2016 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Hmmm. I wonder. :rolleyes:

I wonder too.. based on his last couple weeks of riding before his injury.. it was uninspired to say the least

jballscalls 03-10-2016 11:06 AM

I read an interview with his ex- agent who said it was his knees and he was pretty adamant that it was his knees and not substance issues which have plagued him before.

iwearpurple 03-10-2016 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jballscalls
I read an interview with his ex- agent who said it was his knees and he was pretty adamant that it was his knees and not substance issues which have plagued him before.

However, I can't remember if any time he disappeared for no reason, that he came out and said he was back to the substance abuse

sharkie187 03-13-2016 05:23 AM

On the radio this morning, it was revealed he has a wrist injury, but also he was coming back to CA to try and apply for a license.
I don't know the radio show's name, but was the one before Thoroughbred LA on KLAA.

dilanesp 03-15-2016 08:33 PM

Twisted his wrist doing lines?

SandyW 03-15-2016 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilanesp
Twisted his wrist doing lines?

Your comment is uncalled for and based on ZERO knowledge.:confused::confused:

horses4courses 03-15-2016 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyW
Your comment is uncalled for and based on ZERO knowledge.:confused::confused:

Agreed.

Just another online forum full of armchair "experts"
who never shy away from kicking someone when they're down.

Just as long as they have their laptops and monitors to hide behind :ThmbDown:

dilanesp 03-15-2016 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horses4courses
Agreed.

Just another online forum full of armchair "experts"
who never shy away from kicking someone when they're down.

Just as long as they have their laptops and monitors to hide behind :ThmbDown:

Patrick Valenzuela does NOT deserve the benefit of the doubt. Like many substance abusers, he has had numerous "disappearances" from work, many of which were later tied to substance abuse.

Basically, the presumptions get flipped with chronic abusers. Any time they disappear, it's proper and correct to assume that it's due to drug abuse unless and until it is established otherwise. P. Val has earned that presumption by all the times he has let down supporters and screwed over the people he worked for in this sport.

Frankly, he should have been banned for life when he was in his 20's. He has been a walking, talking, snorting threat to the safety of horses and the integrity of betting pools. Nobody who uses cocaine should be allowed anywhere near a sport with horses and legalized betting.

SandyW 03-16-2016 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilanesp
Patrick Valenzuela does NOT deserve the benefit of the doubt. Like many substance abusers, he has had numerous "disappearances" from work, many of which were later tied to substance abuse.

Basically, the presumptions get flipped with chronic abusers. Any time they disappear, it's proper and correct to assume that it's due to drug abuse unless and until it is established otherwise. P. Val has earned that presumption by all the times he has let down supporters and screwed over the people he worked for in this sport.

Frankly, he should have been banned for life when he was in his 20's. He has been a walking, talking, snorting threat to the safety of horses and the integrity of betting pools. Nobody who uses cocaine should be allowed anywhere near a sport with horses and legalized betting.

Who made you god, judge and jury ???

dilanesp 03-16-2016 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyW
Who made you god, judge and jury ???

I bet on the races. I am entitled to a sport with integrity.

Without the money of the handicappers, this sport wouldn't exist. Patrick Valenzuela, and every single person who is licensed to work in this sport, works for the handicappers. They have an obligation to keep the sport clean and to not engage in any conduct that could compromise the integrity of the sport.

So it's not a matter of me being god, judge, and jury. If Patrick Valenzuela had wanted to work at McDonald's or cleaning toilets, I really wouldn't care if he used cocaine. He chose to work in a regulated industry that relies on betting money and where the integrity of the betting pools is paramount. He also chose to work in a sport that puts animals at risk. And he has made quite a lot of money from that choice.

Having made that choice, he has no right to even go near a milligram of cocaine. He should have been out of the sport the first time he was caught.