Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   TVG in Oklahoma (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2503)

cj 07-06-2002 10:48 AM

TVG in Oklahoma

Anyone know why TVG stopped taking wagers from Oklahoma residents?

CJ

BillW 07-06-2002 11:51 AM

Re: TVG in Oklahoma

Quote:

Originally posted by cjmilkowski
Anyone know why TVG stopped taking wagers from Oklahoma residents?

CJ

Did Stronach buy it? (Olkla. that is):D

ceejay 07-06-2002 12:17 PM

CJ

Don't know, but I received an odd call from xpressbet telling me that my account has been closed effective friday due to an attorney general ruling. The call was so odd because I never had an account open with them.

I can still wager at youbet and brisbet, though.

Regards,
another CJ

Tom 07-06-2002 12:28 PM

TVG in NY?

I see TVG is available on some dish adverstisement. Is this available in NY State?

takeout 07-06-2002 12:50 PM

TVG stock (GMST) is awfully low. Are they on the way out?

sq764 07-07-2002 04:31 PM

TVG/RTN

Its a shame that TVG is really the only alternative to RTN, and a weak one at that.. I think TVG needs to 'shit or get off the pot'.. Either expand to 2 or 3 channels and expand their weak coverage of tracks, or close up shop..

rrbauer 07-07-2002 08:08 PM

This all sounds like the same thing that happened in Texas with the AG taking a hard line against all out of state telephone account providers. I think that it's a general thing not something directed at one outfit.

BillW 07-07-2002 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by rrbauer
This all sounds like the same thing that happened in Texas with the AG taking a hard line against all out of state telephone account providers. I think that it's a general thing not something directed at one outfit.
Do you think this had anything to do with Magna buying into LS. The timing was very suspicious.

ceejay 07-07-2002 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BillW

Do you think this had anything to do with Magna buying into LS. The timing was very suspicious.

I don't know because considering Magna's ownership in RP and the fact that magna accounts (xpresbet) were some of the ones shut down I'm not sure that there is a connection. But, it is an election year....

BillW 07-07-2002 08:41 PM

Well they could be taking one step backward to take 2 steps forward.

Maybe I'm just getting paranoid also ... it seems that every time Magna buys something, someone is telling me that my money is no longer wanted at another track. Bris cut me off at LS the same week the sale was made public. They didn't say anything about HOU and RET, although I haven't tried to place a wager at either place since.

Bill

rrbauer 07-08-2002 09:37 AM

I think that Magna shut down in Texas to deflect any criticism (and law violations) that might interfere with their plans to acquire Lone Star.

Moebius 07-08-2002 03:05 PM

Well, looks like we can't use youbet either!
Anybody else from Oklahoma get this when trying to log in from Ok?

How about Brisbet?

-Moebius

ranchwest 07-08-2002 03:17 PM

I believe that this is unconstitutional because it is state regulation of interstate commerce, but I don't anticipate a court case on it, so things are the way they are.

ceejay 07-08-2002 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Moebius
Well, looks like we can't use youbet either!
Anybody else from Oklahoma get this when trying to log in from Ok?

How about Brisbet?

-Moebius

I can't seem to bet at YOUBET either. BRISBET seems to work, for today at least.

To the Texan's out there, didn't BRISBET ignore the "changes" that were made there a couple of months ago?

cj 07-08-2002 04:53 PM

Any word on Philly Phonebet?

CJ