Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL** (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Pletcher 2YOs (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147041)

PowerUpPaynter 08-28-2018 07:51 PM

Pletcher 2YOs

Anyone know where I can find a list of Todd Pletcher trained 2 year olds?

Spalding No! 08-29-2018 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter (Post 2362396)

You can find the 2yos that have started by using the search box on the Equibase website.

Select "trainer" from the drop down, type "Pletcher" in the search box, select "Todd Pletcher" and it will bring up his career record.

Scroll down for his annual stats and in the 2018 line, select "view" which will bring up a list of all his starters (several pages worth at this point in the year). You can filter these results in several ways, one of which is age and you can pick between "2yos" and "1st time starters".

You'd have to scour the workouts to find the unraced 2yos, but I suppose if you focused on 5-furlong works (i.e., horses close to starting) you could dig a few up. Also, stakes nominations for marquee juvenile events (Hopeful, etc.) might draw some out, too, if nominations have to be made way in advance.

cj 08-29-2018 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter (Post 2362396)

Check the also rans. :lol::lol::lol:

BlueChip@DRF 08-31-2018 03:24 PM

letswastemoney 09-08-2018 01:46 PM

Am I imagining things, or is there something wrong with Pletcher 2-year-olds lately?

lamboguy 09-08-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letswastemoney (Post 2367972)
Am I imagining things, or is there something wrong with Pletcher 2-year-olds lately?

his horses are not breaking out of the gate lately.

turfnsport 09-08-2018 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letswastemoney (Post 2367972)

At the Spa he as 1 for 23 with juvie first timers.

linrom1 09-10-2018 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turfnsport (Post 2368139)
At the Spa he as 1 for 23 with juvie first timers.

They have one thing in common: JV.

cj 09-10-2018 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linrom1 (Post 2368831)
They have one thing in common: JV.

At least two counting Todd. How did JRV do riding for others at the Spa?

Cholly 09-10-2018 01:27 PM

I’ve heard it suggested that TAP is changing up on how he handles 2yos. Perhaps he is shifting focus, will be less concerned with how his expensive stock performs at SAR and GP, working instead to improve how they perform between May and November of their 3yo season.

That would be sensible. Baffert has raised the bar so that greatness in training requires winning a Triple Crown. To date TAP's Derby record has been mediocre, and he's never gotten even a whiff of the Triple. Maybe he's changing course on purpose.

GMB@BP 09-11-2018 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cholly (Post 2368884)
I’ve heard it suggested that TAP is changing up on how he handles 2yos. Perhaps he is shifting focus, will be less concerned with how his expensive stock performs at SAR and GP, working instead to improve how they perform between May and November of their 3yo season.

That would be sensible. Baffert has raised the bar so that greatness in training requires winning a Triple Crown. To date TAP's Derby record has been mediocre, and he's never gotten even a whiff of the Triple. Maybe he's changing course on purpose.

Well, he isnt modeling baffert on these changes, he went something like 11/13 with two year old races at del mar that he entered.

rastajenk 09-24-2018 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cholly (Post 2368884)

I would guess he wants to improve how they perform between early May and early June.

CheckMark 09-24-2018 07:19 AM

Do you know where I can find your website DerbyPowerRankings.com? Don’t think it’s a website anymore according to go daddy

classhandicapper 09-26-2018 11:08 AM

I think Pletcher used to be better at getting horses to slowly develop years before he became a household name.

f2tornado 09-26-2018 05:27 PM

I don't understand the knocks on Pletcher. He's 4th on the earnings per start list (>100 starts) this year. His starters hit the board 53% of the time. Pletcher certainly has a larger stable to play with given he ran 273 horses this year to Baffert's 104 so he is going to lose a lot more races. Perhaps Chad Brown is the most similar running 259 horses but with a 63% ITM rate and an additional $10k average per start.