Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Database (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173611)

MrHarryNguyen 12-01-2022 12:49 AM

Database

hey guys, so I know some of you that don't use softwares but for me I do, how come it's important to get results the database in bris format? I mean, I could get the same thing for free from equibase right? This guy on reddit, he says all he uses is drf and equibase. Nothing else. Some people they don't even track their bets, they just throw it away after the race. I know its important to keep record of everything. Even in life too, sometimes I don't keep my IRS stuff but I know I should. Thanks.

Dave Schwartz 12-01-2022 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrHarryNguyen (Post 2844519)
hey guys, so I know some of you that don't use softwares but for me I do, how come it's important to get results the database in bris format? I mean, I could get the same thing for free from equibase right? This guy on reddit, he says all he uses is drf and equibase. Nothing else. Some people they don't even track their bets, they just throw it away after the race. I know its important to keep record of everything. Even in life too, sometimes I don't keep my IRS stuff but I know I should. Thanks.

Equibase has free results that show odds for all horses, calls of the race, etc?

Brisk Urging 12-01-2022 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz (Post 2844522)
Equibase has free results that show odds for all horses, calls of the race, etc?

Yes

Tom 12-01-2022 11:44 AM

PDF charts?

Brisk Urging 12-01-2022 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2844581)
PDF charts?

Yep

https://www.equibase.com/premium/eqp...d=AQU&ctry=USA

Half Smoke 12-01-2022 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2844581)
PDF charts?

yes, Equibase has - I think - just about everything free that you can get anywhere else - it's just in a different format and you have to click on more than one place to get it all

it could be argued that there are better speed figures than the ones offered by Equibase - I don't know about that

they don't have Pace figures

here is an example of their charts which I use by clicking on entries - then track - then race - then horse - then results - then the chart on the far right

here is an example of their charts which are very good imo - the first link gives you access to all the charts from one track on one race day

the 2nd link is an actual chart from that day

https://www.equibase.com/static/char...112722USA.html

https://www.equibase.com/premium/cha...22&cy=USA&rn=1

Dave Schwartz 12-01-2022 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisk Urging (Post 2844524)
Yes

Can they be copied & pasted?

The PDFs cannot be copied, as far as I can tell.

Would like to be wrong.

Ahorsewithnoname 12-01-2022 03:49 PM

Its coded and cannot be copied and pasted

Brisk Urging 12-01-2022 04:31 PM

Scrape it

you can download them pdf file why copy and paste

Dave Schwartz 12-01-2022 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisk Urging (Post 2844627)
Scrape it

you can download them pdf file why copy and paste

To get it into a database as the original poster spoke of.

PS: Not scrapable.

Light 12-01-2022 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrHarryNguyen (Post 2844519)

I use Bris 25 cent programmable Exotic Results Files. One click and I'm done entering results in my DB. The others mentioned here are not programmable.

MrHarryNguyen 12-01-2022 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Light (Post 2844634)
I use Bris 25 cent programmable Exotic Results Files. One click and I'm done entering results in my DB. The others mentioned here are not programmable.

I bought it as well, I do like that it shows the race shape and the style of runners but other than that I don't think it's worth the money. Only thing I need to program is the PP itself. Also, another thing is it doesn't give the notes just the outcome of the race. Kinda defeats the purpose of the results, I want to be able to see everything.

Light 12-01-2022 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrHarryNguyen (Post 2844643)
Also, another thing is it doesn't give the notes just the outcome of the race. Kinda defeats the purpose of the results, I want to be able to see everything.

I suppose you can read the comments for horses on Equibase and/or watch replays but as far as programing that, you can't. You can just make notes or use Stable Alert.

For programing troubled horse trips, I use the Bris $1 data files and flag the "extended comments" for any trigger words such as "steadied" etc.