Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Stock Market Prediction (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133768)

PaceAdvantage 12-13-2022 12:54 PM

This has been an absolutely DISGUSTING day in the futures market...:lol:

Rex Phinney 12-13-2022 05:25 PM

The market has pretty much shown it's hand now, S&P isn't going above 4,100. It just isn't. It should have been off to the races this morning if it really wanted to go higher. The frenzy lasted about 30 minutes.

That said, the downside of the market is in question too, there is a lot of cash on the sidelines now, any kind of sustained 5-10% dip is probably going to get plenty of buying to prop it up. 24 months of the S&P between 3,500 and 4,000 isn't out of the question here.

lamboguy 12-13-2022 05:42 PM

the reality of the situation is that Elon Musk sold 5 million shares of his company Tesla at the high. he took it off the table, but it's his game and i really can't blame him.

PaceAdvantage 12-15-2022 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tape Reader (Post 2846787)
Very sharp decline ahead!

You were correct...and I was correct...but I talked myself out of it on the big up move the other day...

Read the last few posts from me in this thread:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...d.php?t=172926

if you want more insight into how to screw yourself out of a lot of money (reply #172 onward)

Trading psychology is way more than half the battle.

Tape Reader 12-16-2022 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tape Reader (Post 2846787)
Very sharp decline ahead!

More to come.

lamboguy 12-18-2022 11:08 AM

the last time i gave out a penny stock, the sucker soared until it finally succumbed to oblivion, it was SFOR.

recently i have been accumulating another one in what i expect to be a very rough market going forward for maybe a long, long time. so in the spirit of Christmas i am posting this baby and i am going to hold it against what i think is the grain..

GLOBAL DIGITAL SOLUTIONS INCORPORATED (GDSI). An obscure microcap company had retained one of the most powerful litigation firms in the
country, alleging one of the world's largest manufacturers of original equipment for specialty
vehicles for emergency management (Rontan) and its shareholders improperly terminated a
Share Purchase and Sale Agreement (the "SPA") by which GDSI was to acquire WHOLE
ownership of Rontan.

my thinking is that this well-known law firm would not pick up a case like this to waste their time.

i plan to hold this stock until the second quarter of 2023 and be out of it before the equity markets get smashed to smithereens in the second quarter as no living human has ever seen.

for the record, i went into SFOR for the very same reason. this might be another pump and dump, but to my eyes this one looks better and should get a pop soon.

lamboguy 12-20-2022 09:44 PM

“Gold Loses Status as Haven”

this is the type of headlines i like to read before i go all in

PaceAdvantage 12-22-2022 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AltonKelsey (Post 2572278)
And you never will be, as evidenced by your unwillingness to believe your own eyes.

Sorry bro, Im a great trader not a psychiatrist ! :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

If this prick could only see me now...:lol::lol::lol:

I'm betting he is...

lamboguy 12-23-2022 08:15 PM

current gold price $1800, my short term forecast is $1750 no lower than $1700.

current silver price $23.70 short term forecast $22.00 down to $20 with a possibility of $19.

even though the metals are overbought and have decent downward price targets, i wouldn't short them now. i will try to catch the bottom and go long. the dollar might be heading back up to 110 now and that will put pressure on the metals.

Tape Reader 12-23-2022 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2848725)
If this prick could only see me now...:lol::lol::lol:

I'm betting he is...

Alton was amusing. He got his jollies by ridiculing a penny stock daily.

He showed his hand when he said, “I change my mind a thousand times a day”.

Ridiculous, I think I replied. I have never come across a “spontaneous” trader that was successful.

You proved it, Boss. Congratulations!

lamboguy 12-29-2022 03:35 AM

prcecious metals mining shares short

for the past 15 years i have been lending out the mining shares that i own for people to short. in that period i have been collecting premiums the whole time.in the past month, i have not been able to lend out any shares. some of the minors that i have held shares in are down over 50% in price. i wonder if this means that the sector is ready to move now! by the way, i know i would have been much better off paying the original tax consequence by putting stop losses on those shares as it turns out, but i was very stubborn and highly opinionated, and still am!

lamboguy 01-02-2023 06:36 AM

looking back the year

with the dollar moving up 12% its hard to believe that gold only went down $5 the ounce while the Nasdaq was down 25%.

PaceAdvantage 01-02-2023 07:44 PM

S&P futures gapped up on the open by almost 30 points tonight....but have now given it all back and then some....what on earth were they thinking? lol

Half Smoke 01-03-2023 05:48 AM

when there's a very bad year like last year I can usually get some comfort by looking at the historical returns of the s&p for the last 10 years

no guarantees of course - but still - it helps - me anyway

my personal belief about market moves is that the market overly reacts to the financial situation - when things are bad - watching the market makes you thinks that things are worse than they really are

when things are good - watching the market makes you think that the financial situation is better than it really is

2022_____-19.44%

2021_____+26.89%

2020_____+16.26%

2019_____+28.88%

2018_____-6.24%

2017_____+19.42%

2016_____+9.54%

2015_____-0.73%

2014_____+11.39%

2013_____+29.60%

lamboguy 01-22-2023 06:46 AM

Piedmont Lithium

this company has a contract with Tesla to sell them $65 billion a year worth of Lithium. the contract is on hold because the company has a mine in North Carolina that has been denied permits. so for the time being Tesla is getting all their lithium from China.

Congressman Chris Jacobs has been buying Piedmont Lithium stock with both hands since the $1.7 trillion fight inflation bill got passed. in the bill there is significant mention to ban Lithium imports from China. the total market cap for PLL is under $1 billion right now. if they get their permits, the share price will at least double.

coming from Boston, i know a little bit about Delaware North and the owner Jeremy Jacobs. they own the Boston Bruins. this family throws around quarters as if they were manhole covers. they don't make mistakes, and i suspect the nephew Chris is the same way.