Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Stock Market Prediction (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133768)

BroadwayJoe 10-28-2022 09:31 AM

And this moron has had his show on for years......

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jim-c...222445608.html

Rex Phinney 10-28-2022 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe (Post 2837929)
And this moron has had his show on for years......

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jim-c...222445608.html

Such a tool. CNBC has some really smart people on the network, I’m not sure why they keep him around.

Rex Phinney 10-28-2022 11:14 AM

MCD hitting an all time high today.

I guess the Golden Arches is fine no matter what.

Who knew?

BroadwayJoe 10-28-2022 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex Phinney (Post 2837966)
MCD hitting an all time high today.

I guess the Golden Arches is fine no matter what.

Who knew?

I did...!!!!

When the $2.99 Big MaC meal went to over $10

:rant:

PaceAdvantage 10-28-2022 04:30 PM

Nothing but green bars on my chart since 4am this morning on S&P futures...what a strong up day...who knew?

It still hasn't stopped going up after the regular market close 30 minutes ago...lol

BroadwayJoe 10-28-2022 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2838051)
Nothing but green bars on my chart since 4am this morning on S&P futures...what a strong up day...who knew?

It still hasn't stopped going up after the regular market close 30 minutes ago...lol

Remember the FED hasn't injected their poison yet...

:jump:

Tape Reader 10-28-2022 07:12 PM

This is just the beginning of a big up market move.

My target line for the SPY on a weekly chart is currently at 441 and rising. (SPY now at 389.02.)

BroadwayJoe 10-28-2022 10:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tape Reader (Post 2838074)

My target line for the SPY on a weekly chart is currently at 441 and rising. (SPY now at 389.02.)

When I see a breakout past these highs....then I'll believe it

Jeff P 10-29-2022 05:04 PM

Quote:

Any concerns about the coming FED announcement next week?

-jp

Tape Reader 10-29-2022 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff P (Post 2838215)
Any concerns about the coming FED announcement next week?

-jp

My analysis is 100% technical.

If bearish news comes out against my bullish technical opinion, I consider it an open book test, and try to use it to my advantage.

Jeff P 10-29-2022 08:38 PM

Understood.

Thanks.

-jp

FakeNameChanged 10-30-2022 10:20 AM

Quote:

I agree with your assessment. I have 'slightly' more uptimism with a tentative target of 460-463.

BroadwayJoe 10-30-2022 10:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged (Post 2838334)
I agree with your assessment. I have 'slightly' more uptimism with a tentative target of 460-463.

As I'm ecstatic over your predictions.....and wish it

I cant believe that your predicting up to a 18% jump

That's obliterating the trend line and making the S&P hitting around 4600

Fingers crossed but not expecting :(

FakeNameChanged 10-30-2022 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe (Post 2838336)
As I'm ecstatic over your predictions.....and wish it

I cant believe that your predicting up to a 18% jump

That's obliterating the trend line and making the S&P hitting around 4600

Fingers crossed but not expecting :(

Haha, expect the best, plan for the worst. I go with whatever trend I can see or predict. When I'm wrong, I go the other way. Never stick to what i thought last week or last month.

I commented on $TWTR last week, that Jenny Harrington, CEO of Gilman-Hill Asset Mgtmt. has stuck with $META from $320 all the way down to $99. She did trim some at $260, but continues to hold. That's what almost every Financial services company does to their clients. They practice zero risk management and are incapable of going with a trend that is rolling over their predictions. Typical of a fundamental asset manager, who scoffs at technical analysis.

Jenny is on @CNBC just about every week. She's in the majority of most of what I hear on these shows. Sorry for the rant.

Rex Phinney 11-01-2022 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged (Post 2838342)
Haha, expect the best, plan for the worst. I go with whatever trend I can see or predict. When I'm wrong, I go the other way. Never stick to what i thought last week or last month.

I commented on $TWTR last week, that Jenny Harrington, CEO of Gilman-Hill Asset Mgtmt. has stuck with $META from $320 all the way down to $99. She did trim some at $260, but continues to hold. That's what almost every Financial services company does to their clients. They practice zero risk management and are incapable of going with a trend that is rolling over their predictions. Typical of a fundamental asset manager, who scoffs at technical analysis.

Jenny is on @CNBC just about every week. She's in the majority of most of what I hear on these shows. Sorry for the rant.

The number of client managers sticking with the big tech names i s pretty ridiculous. They are totally tunnel visioned into thinking the next 10 years have to be the same as the last 10. Which is silly, all businesses reach a point of saturation, you cannot expect them to grow at such huge rates forever and ever.

Truth be told I think that's exactly where Zuckerberg is going with this META thing. Selling ads on a social media platform has a ceiling (and Facebook is pretty much there) so he is pushing this sort of unicorn idea as a way to reignite that OMG growth narrative.