Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Imagine there's no Heaven.... (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119779)

Tom 01-21-2015 12:18 PM

Imagine there's no Heaven....

[YT="Imagine"]XLgYAHHkPFs[/YT]

Of course, there is good and evil.
Doesn't take religion, or a god, to show me that.

Tom 01-21-2015 12:28 PM

H4C offered this in another thread.
But can there be good and evil without a God?

Is a shark evil for attacking a swimmer?
Is a crocodile evil for killing a younger croc?
Or a hippo?
Or a mother bird who pushed one from the next to ensure the other gets enough food?

Without a God, would it be evil for a man to kill another who tries to take his money, or his home?

Aren't we all under the same natural laws as all the other species, seeing how we are not the ultimate creations, but merely a step in evolution?

And, why did evolution stop with us?
Is there a better version coming, maybe with a warmer climate?:rolleyes:

Define evil so that it applies to all species.

LottaKash 01-21-2015 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom
Without a God, would it be evil for a man to kill another who tries to take his money, or his home?

Heck No !...

In the Bible, in the Hebrew, the commandment is "Thou shall Do No Murder"....Not, "Thou shall not Kill"...

There is a very big difference between killing for defense than premeditating a killing..

I am a Christian, not from a Religion, but from a "Living Reality", and I can tell you this, when it comes to defending Me and Mine, I am no 2d-Class Citizen in that regard...

LottaKash 01-21-2015 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom
[YT="Imagine"]XLgYAHHkPFs[/YT]

Of course, there is good and evil.
Doesn't take religion, or a god, to show me that.

Tom, I believe that many people have been deluded into kinky thinking just based on the lyrics of that song...

For many years, there were some verses that had perplexed me...It seemed to me that something was missing and odd about all of the words from that song...I just couldn't put my finger onit..

In more recent years, it was revealed to me in bits and pieces....But I finally got it..

It turns out that Lennon (not Lenin, haha), was an avowed Commie, and he worshipped Satan as well...

I can picture some of you at this very moment spitting out their coffee, but if you need a little proof, check this out...

Check out the Album Cover from The Beatles "SGT PEPPERs LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND" vinyl....On that cover, you will see a bunch of photo's of people that had an influence on the Beatles lives.... in the upper left hand corner you will see a photo of "Aleister Crowley", the founder of the church of Satan, and you will also in that mix, see a photo of the Real "LENIN"...And, if you notice the signs that the Beatles are making with their hands, they are all Satanic Signs...

If you listen to the words again to that Imagine song, this time with a more open mind, you will hear and see that it is a "setup", a setup song for "The New World Order", and Satan....Imagine there's no heaven, haha (wouldn't Satan just love that)...And the world will live as one, haha (sounds like a propaganda song for the NWO, no ?)...

Paul in the Bible, stated that we will never, all get along....

Tom 01-21-2015 01:08 PM

But no God means no bible.
I am arguing this from your side, but I want to see if the lefts can explain it.

thaskalos 01-21-2015 01:35 PM

The vast majority of the people of this world SAY that they believe in "God", and yet, "evil" is EVERYWHERE...which leads me to believe that people only PRETEND to believe in God. Unless we are to believe that all the evil in the world is committed by the "atheists".

A question for YOU:

Those sexual predators of young children who are pretending to be Christian priests...do THEY believe in God? Are THEY afraid that they will have to answer to God for their heinous crimes? How can they preach the Gospel by day...and sexually abuse kids at night?

With words...EVERYBODY believes in "God". With actions...hardly anybody does.

The Christian God does not simply ask us to be "good people". He asks us to HATE this world, and sacrifice it for the world beyond. We don't like to hear this, of course...so we ignore it. And we become "Cafeteria Christians"... :rolleyes:

Tom 01-21-2015 01:52 PM

Quote:

A question for YOU:

Those sexual predators of young children who are pretending to be Christian priests...do THEY believe in God? Are THEY afraid that they will have to answer to God for their heinous crimes? How can they preach the Gospel by day...and sexually abuse kids at night?
Let go of your bone.
This thread is not about believing in God, it is about if there was no God.
If there was no God, those priests did nothing wrong, because there is no wrong. There is only survival.

Where do you get we are supposed to hate this world?
I guess Mother Teressa missed a memo.

thaskalos 01-21-2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom
Let go of your bone.
If there was no God, those priests did nothing wrong, because there is no wrong. There is only survival.

Where did I get it? Read the bible...and you'll find it.

thaskalos 01-21-2015 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom
Let go of your bone.

Gee, Tom. That makes all the sense in the world. :rolleyes:

thaskalos 01-21-2015 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom

Nonsense. Then all the atheists would be criminals.

MutuelClerk 01-21-2015 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos

A question for YOU:

With words...EVERYBODY believes in "God". With actions...hardly anybody does.

The Christian God does not simply ask us to be "good people". He asks us to HATE this world, and sacrifice it for the world beyond. We don't like to hear this, of course...so we ignore it. And we become "Cafeteria Christians"... :rolleyes:

Well said. Great post.

MutuelClerk 01-21-2015 02:09 PM

Oops, poorly copied but still a great post.

thaskalos 01-21-2015 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LottaKash

I am a Christian, not from a Religion, but from a "Living Reality", and I can tell you this, when it comes to defending Me and Mine, I am no 2d-Class Citizen in that regard...

There is one small problem with your definition of "Christian", though. It conflicts with what Jesus instructed Christians to do. You believe in "defending what is yours"...and HE instructed Christians to "turn the other cheek".

You see the discrepancy?

Tom 01-21-2015 02:14 PM

Quote:

Gee, Tom. That makes all the sense in the world. :rolleyes:

If you are not up to it intellectually, you are not forced to participate in this
thread.

Tom 01-21-2015 02:16 PM

Quote:

Nonsense. Then all the atheists would be criminals.

Right and wrong is not the same as criminal.
Criminal is a legal event, not a religious one.
If child molestation was against a law, yes, they would be criminals who did nothing wrong. They did something illegal. Not the same.