Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   SAD SAD DAY (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46525)

karlskorner 05-02-2008 10:39 AM

SAD SAD DAY

CRC announced today on their site they will not be taking wagers on the Ky.Derby or the Ky.Oaks due to the dispute by the Kentucky Horsemen and the Florida Horsemen and God knows who else.

None of us where there for the begining of Horse Racing, but there is a huge crowd at the burial.

citygoat 05-02-2008 10:47 AM

party up derby down

i want to bet churchull downs but my site with the twin steeple looking things doesn't allow me to bet the track that they base their name from. I guess the only sure bet is to short CHDN this year.

BombsAway Bob 05-02-2008 11:41 AM

Watch....But Don't Wager!

Quote:

Originally Posted by citygoat
party up derby down

i want to bet churchull downs but my site with the twin steeple looking things doesn't allow me to bet the track that they base their name from. I guess the only sure bet is to short CHDN this year.

Is Trotters' Wife running TwinSpires?
"I don't know why you can't just watch the horses run without betting?"

kenwoodallpromos 05-02-2008 11:43 AM

horsemen

Horsemen= greedy morons who will kill racing.

shanta 05-02-2008 11:45 AM

Welcome back Al Capone :ThmbUp:

:ThmbDown: to all the Adw's/horsemen/Ass backwards execs (Ian and Ptc notable exception). Like CJ posted elsewhere let them all figure out how to divvy up NOTHING when we take our wager dollars offshore. I'll add bookies to the mix

Tom 05-02-2008 11:47 AM

That sucs, Karl - the NEW racing tradition - screw everyone.
Agree Ken - horsemen suck more than any party in this.:ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

Bruddah 05-02-2008 11:59 AM

You nailed it sir

Quote:

Originally Posted by shanta
Welcome back Al Capone :ThmbUp:

:ThmbDown: to all the Adw's/horsemen/Ass backwards execs (Ian and Ptc notable exception). Like CJ posted elsewhere let them all figure out how to divvy up NOTHING when we take our wager dollars offshore. I'll add bookies to the mix

I just posted this under the Ky Derby Boycott thread. Then I came to read your thread. You said it, for this old handicapper.I will be boycotting The Triple Crown series. The first time ever, I will not have a bet down. Just for the record, I want to play my longshot pick Visionaire. I may have to do it with my local bookie, but I can't get track odds. (10-1 maximum payout)

Can anyone suggest a good offshore with Track odds. Especially one which will allow me to set the account up today and bet tomorrow.

Premier Turf Club 05-02-2008 12:19 PM

No Derby at the Palm Beach Kennel Club Either

I was thinking of taking my son up there for the day since we don't carry CD, but I guess there's no point if PBKC didn't get horsmen's approval.

karlskorner 05-02-2008 12:30 PM

Sitting here waiting to go to late CRC today and thinking, I have had a pretty nice thing going for the past 25 years or so. Pool in the morning, either CRC/GP in the afternoon and doing tomorrow's races in the evening.

With whats going on in the racing industry today it's depressing.

cj 05-02-2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlskorner

For about the 3rd time in five years, we agree. :D

karlskorner 05-02-2008 12:47 PM

Has it been that long ? I knew sooner or later I would win you over.

Fingal 05-02-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlskorner

I won't go so far as saying that I've had enough of this BS & will walk away from horses permantly, but now I can't even change ADWs to get the tracks that others don't offer.:bang:

Loosehorse 05-02-2008 09:00 PM

Update. Bet at GP, PBKC, Pompano

BIG49010 05-02-2008 09:09 PM

They have this so screwed up, I say off-shore or no bets ever again, as far as I am concerned. I don't care which party are the greedy bastards in this case, I am going to be the greedy bastard from now on and either I win or loose with someone besides the tracks and the horsemen or I give up the game.

citygoat 05-03-2008 11:31 AM

Now with the internet,the ability to not only screw the local patrons but everyone is easier than any track owner ever imagined.

Someone wake the owners up and show them what the game could be.