Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL** (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   That did not go as planned .... (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144747)

LoneF 05-07-2018 09:40 AM

That did not go as planned ....

Ok I could not have been more wrong. Mendelssohn was the horse that got off slow and shuffled back and ended up finishing last ...

I am still not sold on Justify yet. He is obviously a better horse than I gave him credit for , but I don’t think he is a slam dunk for the Preakness. That was a DREAM trip he got in the derby ...

TiffaniO 05-07-2018 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneF (Post 2313453)
Ok I could not have been more wrong. Mendelssohn was the horse that got off slow and shuffled back and ended up finishing last ...

I am still not sold on Justify yet. He is obviously a better horse than I gave him credit for , but I don’t think he is a slam dunk for the Preakness. That was a DREAM trip he got in the derby ...

22, 45 a dream trip? Lmao

LoneF 05-07-2018 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneF (Post 2313453)

Cmon the racing gods could not have set that up any better for him ...

TiffaniO 05-07-2018 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneF (Post 2313459)
Cmon the racing gods could not have set that up any better for him ...

Actually it was Good Magic that got the dream scenario and set up and couldn’t close the deal.

However at least Good Magic had the chance unlike Mendy and Moon.

Grits 05-07-2018 10:03 AM

No, LoneF, it did not. But, in horseracing like all of life, "the best laid plans of mice and men, etc, etc."

I bet two horses to win the Derby. Good Magic and Mendelssohn. I included these two with others in an exacta box, posting my choices here. Something I rarely bother with.

Still, I believe Mendelssohn is a very talented colt and I couldn't have more respect for a trainer than I have for Aiden O'Brien. To hear this man speak in interviews about his horses and their races is to listen to honesty, reverence, and grace.

When we can stand up and humbly proclaim a learning experience, we cannot possibly be seen as losing. Not in any way.

https://www.racinguk.com/news/ten-th...kentucky-derby

098poi 05-07-2018 10:07 AM

LoneF,

You came, you shouted, you got banned. Now that you are unbanned some friendly advice.

When your hand is stuck in the garbage disposal the solution is NOT to try and get it out with your other hand.

LoneF 05-07-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiffaniO (Post 2313457)

Thanks for pointing out the early fractions but what was the final time ? lol

LoneF 05-07-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grits (Post 2313462)
No, LoneF, it did not. But, in horseracing like all of life, "the best laid plans of mice and men, etc, etc."

I bet two horses to win the Derby. Good Magic and Mendelssohn. I included these two with others in an exacta box, posting my choices here. Something I rarely bother with.

Still, I believe Mendelssohn is a very talented colt and I couldn't have more respect for a trainer than I have for Aiden O'Brien. To hear this man speak in interviews about his horses and their races is to listen to honesty, reverence, and grace.

When we can stand up and humbly proclaim a learning experience, we cannot possibly be seen as losing. Not in any way.

Very well said ...

Personally my own learning experience from this derby was to be smarter about buying into hype. I bought it hook, line and sinker about what a strong group of 3 year olds this was, but in reality this years crop of horses is very weak.

PaceAdvantage 05-07-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneF (Post 2313476)
Thanks for pointing out the early fractions but what was the final time ? lol

You said he had an easy trip.

It wasn't a hard trip. But he went pretty fast early...thus slow late...thus not an EASY trip.

He had exactly the trip any objective minded person would think he would get, which would have led most objective people to at least have him as a top contender...

Horses like Justify are always dangerous, and make their own trips. You probably knew this, but decided trolling would be more fun by telling everyone he has no shot...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

PaceAdvantage 05-07-2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneF (Post 2313478)
Very well said ...

Personally my own learning experience from this derby was to be smarter about buying into hype. I bought it hook, line and sinker about what a strong group of 3 year olds this was, but in reality this years crop of horses is very weak.

The hits just keep on coming...

LoneF 05-07-2018 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 098poi (Post 2313464)
LoneF,

You came, you shouted, you got banned. Now that you are unbanned some friendly advice.

When your hand is stuck in the garbage disposal the solution is NOT to try and get it out with your other hand.

That’s a good saying .... I am looking to another saying after this derby ... You got to beak a few eggs to make a omelette .

If Justify at 5/2 offered fantastic betting opportunities than Justify at 1/20 in the Preakness is a dream come true !!!

I plan to get my money back !!!

It may have taken a bit of a detour but I plan on making it to the promised land lol

LoneF 05-07-2018 10:53 AM

I wish there was jockeys like Pincay and Cordero still in the game that wernt afraid to mix it up on the track ...

AirNate012 05-07-2018 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiffaniO (Post 2313457)

My thoughts exactly:D:D:D

DVD and Instilled Regard looked like a pulling guard blowing up a linebacker.:headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

Welcome to American dirt racing in the slop Ryan Moore!

MadVindication 05-07-2018 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grits (Post 2313462)

Someone posted a comment that they'd rather own Thunder Snow than Always Dreaming. I think that's apt. There's more than the derby out there.

Do you think they should have scratched Mendy with the weather how it was? Did the jockey just pull him out of the race at the bad start?

I don't understand while they still ran him, if they could tell he was realy badly affected by the crowd and rain.

LoneF 05-07-2018 11:19 AM

I wish they would pull a Rachel Alexandra and run Monomoy Girl in the Preakness, but will never happen