Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   National Turf Writers Eclipse Votes Online (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79611)

Java Gold@TFT 01-30-2011 07:25 AM

National Turf Writers Eclipse Votes Online

Link from Equidaily:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...kE&hl=en#gid=0

All of the turf writers Eclipse votes for this year. Interesting to see how you favorite writers voted on HOY. My personal favorites all voted for Blame.

The_Knight_Sky 01-30-2011 09:57 AM

About 25% of them really need to do a better job

at telling the world about their "turf-writing". http://i51.tinypic.com/ebboud.gif

MNslappy 01-30-2011 02:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
sorted

MickJ26 01-30-2011 04:35 PM

Absolutely excellent, finally, some accountability and transparency.
If you so chose you could take a voter to task why they voted the way the did.
Disappointing to see Ray Kerrison from The Post voted for Zenyatta.
Kerrison is about as old school as you can get.

Stillriledup 01-30-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MickJ26
Absolutely excellent, finally, some accountability and transparency.
If you so chose you could take a voter to task why they voted the way the did.
Disappointing to see Ray Kerrison from The Post voted for Zenyatta.
Kerrison is about as old school as you can get.

Why not make the case that a vote for Z is a vote for Old School? I mean, when you look back decades from now, you can say its old school to not want to put Blame in there with the all time greats who hold a place on that list.

GatetoWire 01-30-2011 08:44 PM

Take a look at the sorted spreadsheet.

10 people who voted for Zenyatta did not have Blame as 2nd choice including Paulick.....can you believe that!!!!

How could anyone in their right mind think that Blind Luck and Lookin at Lucky deserved HOY before Blame? At least Paulick voted for Goldikova 2nd.

All 10 of those people should be forced to take an exam before next year to prove that they know anything about horse racing. Paulick doesn't need to take the test....the last 3 weeks have shown me already that he doesn't know anything about horse racing. Maybe the CHRB or the TOC told him to vote for Golidkova.

Another question I might add is who are these people?

I follow the sport pretty closely and 3/4's of these names I have never heard of. What is the criteria to get a vote?

MickJ26 01-30-2011 09:38 PM

What I meant was Blame and Zenyatta settled things on the track, the old fashioned way, not via a popularity contest.

Stillriledup 01-30-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MickJ26
What I meant was Blame and Zenyatta settled things on the track, the old fashioned way, not via a popularity contest.

They settled what things?

The_Knight_Sky 01-30-2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GatetoWire

Another question I might add is who are these people?

I follow the sport pretty closely and 3/4's of these names
I have never heard of. What is the criteria to get a vote?

Good question. http://i55.tinypic.com/30kejy1.gif

A request for the spreadsheet maker to list the name of their publication(s)
alongside their turf-writers for 2011.

PaceAdvantage 01-30-2011 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillriledup
They settled what things?

Who's best. Now give it a rest.

keithw84 01-31-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

How could anyone in their right mind think that Blind Luck and Lookin at Lucky deserved HOY before Blame?

Depending on what your criteria are, I think you could make a case for Blind Luck over Blame. She raced a lot (9 races - all graded stakes) and she shipped a lot. Of course, if you use these criteria, Blind Luck also blows Zenyatta out of the water!

5k-claim 01-31-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Take a look at the sorted spreadsheet.

10 people who voted for Zenyatta did not have Blame as 2nd choice including Paulick.....can you believe that!!!!

How could anyone in their right mind think that Blind Luck and Lookin at Lucky deserved HOY before Blame? At least Paulick voted for Goldikova 2nd.

The Ragozin Sheets liked Blind Luck.

Quote:

Len Friedman, a partner with Ragozin Thoroughbred Data, tossed out both Zenyatta and Blame and crowned the three-year-old filly Blind Luck as the “Sheets” Horse of the Year .... Besides Blind Luck, Friedman’s three Horse of the Year finalists included Breeders’ Cup Mile (G1) winner Goldikova (Ire), who had a brilliant minus-1/2 in her lone U.S. start and was a lopsided choice as the top turf female, and the two-year-old sensation, Uncle Mo.
Blame did not get Older Male, either.

Sugar Ron 02-01-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5k-claim
The Ragozin Sheets liked Blind Luck.

Blame did not get Older Male, either.

Yeah, Friedman also said that on her best day Blind Luck could've handled both Zenyatta and Blame last year.

LMAO

Good God, man, you're taking your numbers WAY too seriously.

Sericm 02-01-2011 03:09 PM

Who care's who voted for who! It's over, done with, forget about it and Move on!

Why re-hash the SOS

Nobody's mind is going to change! These post's on Zenyatta and Blame are now getting BORING AND REDUNDANT!

PaceAdvantage 02-01-2011 08:32 PM

HAH!