Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Official Trump Collapsing Thread (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135722)

maddog42 01-19-2017 06:32 AM

The Official Trump Collapsing Thread

The title says it all. This thread will follow the ups and downs of Trump who I predict will last 4 years, maybe less. The odds on him being impeached are only about 10%, but still, given his unpredictable nature ... Who knows? There might come a time when Pence will look a lot better to Republicans. It will take Trump about 90 days to start a war and that will improve his chances of getting reelected... so I put his reelection at about 15%.

barahona44 01-19-2017 06:43 AM

Who will be the first to complain about the exsistence of this thread? :)

jk3521 01-19-2017 07:25 AM

It's bound to happen.

rastajenk 01-19-2017 07:29 AM

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/...rs/notary5.jpg

If it's Official, it should be notarized.

Tom 01-19-2017 07:50 AM

Not even in office yet, and we got odds on his re-election!
:lol::lol::lol: This is going to be fun........

no breathalyzer 01-19-2017 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog42
The title says it all. This thread will follow the ups and downs of Trump who I predict will last 4 years, maybe less. The odds on him being impeached are only about 10%, but still, given his unpredictable nature ... Who knows? There might come a time when Pence will look a lot better to Republicans. It will take Trump about 90 days to start a war and that will improve his chances of getting reelected... so I put his reelection at about 15%.

just curious.... what would make you think this? Any factual based evidence to back this opinion?

PaceAdvantage 01-19-2017 10:15 AM

Trump will end up one of the best, if not the best President in modern times (hey look Thaskalos, I'm already hedging...I went from best ever to best in modern times... :lol: )

I know thask that you would expect nothing less from me.

But seriously people, I love the fact that a lot of people consider Trump the equivalent of Charlie Manson as President...it sets the bar so low for him, that those of us who actually see things a bit more clearly, can't help but think Trump will have a very easy time coming off as a TREMENDOUS President... :lol:

HuggingTheRail 01-19-2017 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Trump will end up one of the best, if not the best President in modern times (hey look Thaskalos, I'm already hedging...I went from best ever to best in modern times... :lol: )

I know thask that you would expect nothing less from me.

But seriously people, I love the fact that a lot of people consider Trump the equivalent of Charlie Manson as President...it sets the bar so low for him, that those of us who actually see things a bit more clearly, can't help but think Trump will have a very easy time coming off as a TREMENDOUS President... :lol:

There will be a lot of "yeah...but" statements

"Yeah, the market is up 20%, but.....one obscure stock that I own is only up 15%"

FantasticDan 01-19-2017 11:09 AM

Kind of hard to "collapse" when you're entering office with the lowest approval ratings ever.. kinda like falling off a tricycle :p

https://66.media.tumblr.com/764e451e...6p8ao1_500.gif

PaceAdvantage 01-19-2017 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FantasticDan
Kind of hard to "collapse" when you're entering office with the lowest approval ratings ever.. kinda like falling off a tricycle :p

Yup...I'm sure Trump's approval number is as accurate as Obama's... :lol:

In fact, I'm sure they're polling the same exact people.

Yet, the high approval Obama who called Hillary the most qualified person ever to run for President...his pick ended up being beaten by none other than Donald Trump... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Makes total sense Dan, don't you think?

RunForTheRoses 01-19-2017 11:43 AM

Quote:

Yup...I'm sure Trump's approval number is as accurate as Obama's... :lol:

In fact, I'm sure they're polling the same exact people.

Yet, the high approval Obama who called Hillary the most qualified person ever to run for President...his pick ended up being beaten by none other than Donald Trump... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Makes total sense Dan, don't you think?

At any rate who cares about approval ratings, he has a Republican Congress. He should be able to get stuff done, if he can't then I would criticize.

Now the stuff that gets done might not be to the agreement of the left wing contingent but that's another story.

Racetrack Playa 01-19-2017 11:57 AM

We are lucky Trump Won
We may be in for a ride. #LETSGOCHAMP
A Gamblers Dream
and a Lib-Lab-Con nightmare , imho

Tom 01-19-2017 12:31 PM

Dan, is that the tricycle Hillary never got to ride? :lol:

thaskalos 01-19-2017 12:44 PM

My prediction is that 1/20/2017 will be a day which will live in INFAMY. Something terrible will happen in our country...and, for the first time in our history...the blame will fall entirely on the American voter.

When Trump proves to be totally incompetent and ineffective as President...even the Republican Party will point accusingly at the voter, and tell him..."I told you so".

zico20 01-19-2017 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos
My prediction is that 1/20/2017 will be a day which will live in INFAMY. Something terrible will happen in our country. :ThmbDown: ..and, for the first time in our history...the blame will fall entirely on the American voter.

When Trump proves to be totally incompetent and ineffective as President...even the Republican Party will point accusingly at the voter, and tell him..."I told you so".

I can assure you many, if not most liberals are counting on it, if not down right rooting for it. :ThmbDown:

ElKabong 01-19-2017 12:50 PM

Quote:

My prediction is that 1/20/2017 will be a day which will live in INFAMY. Something terrible will happen in our country...and, for the first time in our history...the blame will fall entirely on the American voter.

The dogs bsrk, and the train rolls on...as the old saying goes

Dog= you
Train= Donald Trump

woodtoo 01-19-2017 12:56 PM

Ha Ha Good one!

thaskalos 01-19-2017 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zico20
I can assure you many, if not most liberals are counting on it, if not down right rooting for it. :ThmbDown:

"Wishing" something isn't the same as EXPECTING it. I wish for "world peace"...but I know that I won't see it. And I wish for a prosperous America, because I live here...but I don't think that I'll see that either...at least not in the near future. There is a great storm brewing...and Trump will be a convenient scapegoat.

Hold on, folks. I think we are going along for a very scary ride.

thaskalos 01-19-2017 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElKabong
The dogs bsrk, and the train rolls on...as the old saying goes

Dog= you
Train= Donald Trump

The Trump train hasn't even started moving yet. What we've seen up'til now has been some "steam"...and steam is nothing but hot air.

I can see Trump pacing in his penthouse...wondering what to do next.

OntheRail 01-19-2017 01:10 PM

The 45th President Donald J Trump will strive to be the best President in our life time. He will be a LEADER. He will direct, guide and protect the Nation, it's interest put first and foremost. He will bring back respect and fear of the United States.

He can't help it.. he wired to WIN... it's in his DNA. ;)

zico20 01-19-2017 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OntheRail
The 45th President Donald J Trump will strive to be the best President in our life time. He will be a LEADER. He will direct, guide and protect the Nation, it's interest put first and foremost. He will bring back respect and fear of the United States.

He can't help it.. he wired to WIN... it's in his DNA. ;)

If he does not build the wall then he goes down as a failure in my book. That has been his signature statement for over a year.

OntheRail 01-19-2017 01:25 PM

Quote:

The Trump train hasn't even started moving yet. What we've seen up'til now has been some "steam"...and steam is nothing but hot air.

No steam is potential energy... The Trump Train is just checking readiness move. Your confusion is understandable as we've been thru eight years of a faulty check valve controlled by a dead weight.

ElKabong 01-19-2017 01:27 PM

Quote:

I can see Trump pacing in his penthouse...wondering what to do next.

I can see him laughing at your post while grabbing his nuts and saying "who's your daddy"?

you= thaskalos
Daddy= Donald Trump. You can call him 45 :)

PaceAdvantage 01-19-2017 01:31 PM

Quote:

I can see him laughing at your post while grabbing his nuts and saying "who's your daddy"?

you= thaskalos
Daddy= Donald Trump. You can call him 45 :)

I think this might have been a "kinetic personal action" against thaskalos, unprovoked.

If so, this is not nice.

ElKabong 01-19-2017 01:34 PM

Quote:

No steam is potential energy... The Trump Train is just checking readiness move. Your confusion is understandable as we've been thru eight years of a faulty check valve controlled by a dead weight.

Just enjoy the ride, man. They're anxious wrecks right now. Hillary falling flat still hasn't fully left their souls yet. That twelve step program, most of these guys are in step two or so. A loooong long way to go yet for these clowns. Just enjoy it.

Reality... We had two choices. Most considered them both bad choices, but they were the choices. As long as the worst choice lost (Hillary) we all won. The ones that want to cry, whine, debate? Too late man, the train left the station. ...They can go along for the ride or bark like poodles.

ElKabong 01-19-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

I think this might have been a "kinetic personal action" against thaskalos, unprovoked.

If so, this is not nice.

Duly noted.

But I'm sure trump has done just that to his doubters, just by the tape we heard the week before the election. :)

thaskalos 01-19-2017 01:53 PM

Quote:

Duly noted.

But I'm sure trump has done just that to his doubters, just by the tape we heard the week before the election. :)

I am a Trump "doubter"...just as I've doubted the rhetoric of ALL the candidates for public office. I am a "doubter"...because history has shown that candidates will LIE in order to get elected...and that, once elected, the general rule is that their pre-election campaign promises are quickly forgotten. If I saw a list of the past presidents who actually KEPT their pre-election promises...then, perhaps I wouldn't be the "doubter" that I am today.

So...go ahead believing that "Trump is different"...you'll get no insulting remarks from me. But me...I've seen this sort of "euphoria" before...and it takes more to make me a "believer".

thaskalos 01-19-2017 01:57 PM

Quote:

If so, this is not nice.

No harm done. I've read enough of his posts...and I make allowances.

thaskalos 01-19-2017 02:02 PM

Quote:

Reality... We had two choices. Most considered them both bad choices, but they were the choices. As long as the worst choice lost (Hillary) we all won. The ones that want to cry, whine, debate? Too late man, the train left the station. ...They can go along for the ride or bark like poodles.

Sure. Two bad choices...but the better of the bad choices won. So...as long as the worst choice lost...what's there to complain about? Let's REJOICE...because, "we all won". :ThmbUp:

ElKabong 01-19-2017 02:12 PM

Quote:

So...go ahead believing that "Trump is different"...you'll get no insulting remarks from me. But me...I've seen this sort of "euphoria" before...and it takes more to make me a "believer".

You seem to post all day here. Please do me a favor. Go find the post where I stated Trump would be a great POTUS, or anything that would color me a believer in Trump's ability to be a great POTUS

Truth is, I live in the moment and make of it what I can. If I sat on a keyboard and whined and posted constant negative shit about the realities of life (HINT, HINT, thask), then I'd have a hard time cracking a smile or living a decent life

BTW, I'm smiling ear to ear as I type :)

I'm off to a work appointment, then taking the wife to a nice dinner. That should allow you enough time to provide the post to back your claim. Good luck!

Clocker 01-19-2017 02:19 PM

Quote:

I am a Trump "doubter"...just as I've doubted the rhetoric of ALL the candidates for public office. I am a "doubter"...because history has shown that candidates will LIE in order to get elected...and that, once elected, the general rule is that their pre-election campaign promises are quickly forgotten.

I would change lie to self-delusion (i.e., lying to yourself). Obama, at least once, said that he believed his own bullshit. I think that is true of most candidates of either party. In the modern era, your ego has to "yugely" override your grasp of reality in general and the government in particular to think that you can single-handedly implement hope and change or make America great again.

Obama and Trump have some major characteristics in common as candidates. Both were elected as faith-based candidates by a true-believer voter base. And both had little to no experience in government administration or knowledge of the day to day workings of the federal government. Both had great faith in their own ability to accomplish goals by shear strength of personality.

Trump already backed off some of his pre-primary promises, down-sizing them or calling them "suggestions". He will never admit breaking any promises, but will blame anyone and everyone for his inability to achieve them.

thaskalos 01-19-2017 02:20 PM

Quote:

You seem to post all day here. Please do me a favor. Go find the post where I stated Trump would be a great POTUS, or anything that would color me a believer in Trump's ability to be a great POTUS

Truth is, I live in the moment and make of it what I can. If I sat on a keyboard and whined and posted constant negative shit about the realities of life (HINT, HINT, thask), then I'd have a hard time cracking a smile or living a decent life

I'm off to a work appointment, then taking the wife to a nice dinner. That should allow you enough time to provide the post to back your claim. Good luck!

Friend...you could be smiling ear-to-ear as you type...but you still appear a lot angrier than me. You made derogatory comments about the "Trump doubters"...so, that must make you a "Trump believer"...NO?

PaceAdvantage 01-19-2017 02:27 PM

Quote:

I know it might seem I'm picking on you, but I must point out again, you're steering this into a personal thing with thaskalos...did I miss where he went after you personally?

Maybe I'm as bad a moderator as some would have me believe... :(

davew 01-19-2017 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clocker
I would change lie to self-delusion (i.e., lying to yourself). Obama, at least once, said that he believed his own bullshit. I think that is true of most candidates of either party. In the modern era, your ego has to "yugely" override your grasp of reality in general and the government in particular to think that you can single-handedly implement hope and change or make America great again.

Obama and Trump have some major characteristics in common as candidates. Both were elected as faith-based candidates by a true-believer voter base. And both had little to no experience in government administration or knowledge of the day to day workings of the federal government. Both had great faith in their own ability to accomplish goals by shear strength of personality.

Trump already backed off some of his pre-primary promises, down-sizing them or calling them "suggestions". He will never admit breaking any promises, but will blame anyone and everyone for his inability to achieve them.

Obama never really tried to work with Congress and used executive orders (with his superior constitutional law background). Trump will easily reverse those executive orders.

After 8 years, 0bama's greatest speech involved saying something like 'What's Trump going to do, wave his magic wand?' Well, something was done as Carrier decided not to completely close and move all jobs across the border.

jk3521 01-19-2017 03:32 PM

Quote:

The 45th President Donald J Trump will strive to be the best President in our life time.

He probably is a good choice for President for these times. That's not saying much for the state of this nation. :ThmbDown:

Clocker 01-19-2017 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davew
Well, something was done as Carrier decided not to completely close and move all jobs across the border.

Trump won the PR battle on that one, good for a day or two of good press.

UTX (Carrier's parent) was the YUGE winner in the art of that deal. UTX has billions of dollars annually in defense contracts, which now have the Trump Seal of Approval. No midnight tweet-bashing about those contracts.

Carrier kept 720 jobs here out of 2200, moving the rest to Mexico. Carrier of Mexico now has the Trump Seal of Approval on its Mexican operations and its imports into the US. Trump can't very well tweet-bash jobs he agreed to move out of the country. Carrier of Indiana also got $7 million in government funding which it announced will be used to automate that plant and lay off more workers. This is a big competitive advantage Carrier's US competitors didn't get. The Carrier operations are small potatoes to UTX. They are sitting fat and happy right now.

jk3521 01-19-2017 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clocker
Trump won the PR battle on that one, good for a day or two of good press.

UTX (Carrier's parent) was the YUGE winner in the art of that deal. UTX has billions of dollars annually in defense contracts, which now have the Trump Seal of Approval. No midnight tweet-bashing about those contracts.

Carrier kept 720 jobs here out of 2200, moving the rest to Mexico. Carrier of Mexico now has the Trump Seal of Approval on its Mexican operations and its imports into the US. Trump can't very well tweet-bash jobs he agreed to move out of the country. Carrier of Indiana also got $7 million in government funding which it announced will be used to automate that plant and lay off more workers. This is a big competitive advantage Carrier's US competitors didn't get. The Carrier operations are small potatoes to UTX. They are sitting fat and happy right now.

Thank you, Clocker . You're the voice of reason around here. You'd be a good moderator.

Clocker 01-19-2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jk3521
You're the voice of reason around here.

That's scary. I feel a sudden need for a safe space. :eek:

P.S. To cut off the Trumpites in advance, I still believe that Trump is preferable to Hillary. But Trump is still an unknown and unproven, and it's all still talk. I prefer to wait and see some results.

so.cal.fan 01-19-2017 03:57 PM

"Do not confuse the “Trump Revolution” with Trump himself. The people are sick and tired of the same old nonsense. Trump just so happened to be there at the right time. This is a revolution of the people — not Trump! I have stated many times that if Trump did anything out of line or unconstitutional, I would call him out in a second. Trump did something really amazing that I would have thought was impossible. He effectively ran as a third party candidate from within the Republican Party. He altered the party and they still do not respect that. My inside sources say the Republicans think they just have to train him. They are not looking at why he won any more than the Democrats are." Martin Armstrong

pondman 01-19-2017 04:09 PM

Just moved a big chunk into Vanguards for one of the best economies in the history of the US. Many of you will have your disabilities cut, so we probably won't be reading your stuff in the future.