Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Will Jeff Sessions Resign (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139685)

barn32 07-19-2017 10:26 PM

Will Jeff Sessions Resign

Is this the beginning of the Saturday Night Massacre?

Donald Trump expressed regret at ever hiring Jeffrey Sessions in the first place.

"Had I known he was going to recuse himself I never would have appointed him. It's very unfair to the President. Sessions should have never recused himself. If he would have told me before the job, I never would have appointed him."

Trump also stated that Comey lied when he told the senate committee under oath, "The President asked everyone to leave the room."

"I don't recall saying that," said Trump.

“I don’t remember even talking to him about any of this stuff,” Mr. Trump said. “He said I asked people to go. Look, you look at his testimony. His testimony is loaded up with lies, O.K.?”

Now that Trump has expressed no confidence in one of his cabinet members, doesn't that cabinet member lose his credibility from the person he is supposed to serve and as a consequence shouldn't he therefore resign?

NY Times interview with Donald Trump

tucker6 07-20-2017 08:18 AM

Trump is right, and every pundit and senator on tv this morning agrees with him. Sessions recused himself because he forgot that he once shook the hand of a Russian. Really?!?! That's a flimsy reason to recuse and stinks to high heaven of self serving. He should be front and center in the investigation, but instead gets to happily dodge everything coming Trump's way. At some point, Trump should fire Sessions and Mueller and start over. Take the sharp, immediate hit rather than the slow water torture we have now.

chadk66 07-20-2017 09:36 AM

nah he'll get fired first

Clocker 07-20-2017 10:40 AM

From the Powerline blog:

Quote:

President Trump has given a wide-raning interview to New York Times reporters Peter Baker, Michael Schmidt and Maggie Haberman. The Mueller investigation is on his mind in a big way. President Trump observes: “Sessions should have never recused himself, and if he was going to recuse himself, he should have told me before he took the job and I would have picked somebody else” (audio below). The President further characterizes Sessions’s recusal as “extremely unfair, and that’s a mild word, to the president” (a point he makes twice).

I read the interview as an invitation to Attorney General Sessions to resign. As I hear the audio, President Trump’s anger rises to the surface. This can’t be Trump’s last word on the arrangement that now obtains and that he so regrets.
Only Trump and Sessions know what went on between them. But based on this and everything else I see in the media, Sessions would resign if he had any backbone. A good manager would have settled this long ago, either firing Sessions or putting it all behind them.

Instead, Trump lets it fester for months and then goes public with it, whining about Sessions in the media, and the NY Times at that. I assume that Sessions did not know this was coming. I'd consider it a stab in the back and say take this job and shove it.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...mp-regrets.php

barahona44 07-20-2017 11:16 AM

Praise in public, criticize in private.

ElKabong 07-20-2017 11:23 AM

Trump is a one and done POTUS.

Still, he was a better choice than Hilary.

Nutz and Boltz 07-20-2017 11:32 AM

Surprising he granted an interview with The Times. What's next, the Rachel Maddow show ?

Clocker 07-20-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElKabong (Post 2197258)
Trump is a one and done POTUS.

Still, he was a better choice than Hilary.

Agree with both statements.

And I think the one and done will be his choice before the next primary season starts. He appears to be very frustrated in the job. He doesn't like the inability to make all decisions on his own and have them carried out immediately. He clearly doesn't like the idea of having to work with McConnell and Ryan to get things done.

And he is thin-skinned and can't stand public criticism. This is the guy who used to pretend to be his own PR guy and call up reporters and tell them how great Trump is. Now he does it with Twitter.

PaceAdvantage 07-20-2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clocker (Post 2197262)
This is the guy who used to pretend to be his own PR guy and call up reporters and tell them how great Trump is. Now he does it with Twitter.

That's cool...thanks for posting this for the 100th time (not you personally, but the lot of you, combined, who continually remind us about this).

I hadn't forgotten...I knew about it when I voted too...didn't matter then, doesn't matter now...just sayin'

I mean...crap...the democrats kept voting in an ADMITTED FORMER MEMBER OF THE KKK year after year into the Senate until he finally died...and DEM leaders did nothing but praise him upon his croaking....Hillary...Obama...Bill...you name them, they were there licking the Klanman's ass as he was about to be put into the ground...

But you're telling me a guy who impersonates his own PR man should be cast into the sea... L M F A O

Clocker 07-20-2017 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2197264)
That's cool...thanks for posting this for the 100th time (not you personally, but the lot of you, combined, who continually remind us about this).

But you're telling me a guy who impersonates his own PR man should be cast into the sea... L M F A O

No, I'm saying that it shows something about Trump's character that would indicate that he would be very frustrated in his current position.

It's not a reason that he should not be president, it is a symptom of why he would be unhappy in the job. And I didn't say that he should be "cast into the sea", I said that it is a clue as to why he might not run again.

Regardless of what anyone might think of their policies, all of the very effective presidents in terms of getting things done understood, and to some extent even liked, the give and take of politics and the art of compromise with opponents. Johnson, Reagan, and Clinton come immediately to mind. Trump talks a lot about making deals, but he is most comfortable in a position of power and dominance.

PaceAdvantage 07-20-2017 12:33 PM

That's fine. But why are we even looking for reasons why he may or may not run again. How about trying to get something done NOW?

Oh, that's right...he can't...because everybody on both sides is opposed to him...and will drag anything and everything up that they can to continue that opposition.

Trash talk on a bus, alleged sexual harassment/assault, being his own PR guy in disguise, talking to Vlad, his son meeting with a Russian lawyer and lying about the details, you name it...I mean, this is some SERIOUS SHIT, so I now see why everyone hates the guy and wants to see him out NOW, let alone in 4 years...:lol:

Clocker 07-20-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2197272)

Trash talk on a bus, alleged sexual harassment/assault, being his own PR guy in disguise, talking to Vlad, his son meeting with a Russian lawyer and lying about the details, you name it...I mean, this is some SERIOUS SHIT, so I now see why everyone hates the guy and wants to see him out NOW, let alone in 4 years...:lol:

I don't hate him and I don't want him out right now. As I seem to have to repeat every time I say anything critical of Trump, he is much preferable to Hillary.

My point here is simply that I think that he is frustrated with the job, it isn't what he thought it is or thought he could make it into, and that I don't think he will run for reelection unless things change YUGELY between now and then.

incoming 07-20-2017 02:38 PM

Trump's whole cabinet is made up of self made people. Many have been the center of many controversies. We have been thru a couple of generations of
Republican politicians that caved every time they were confronted by the PC crowd. In my world, Newt Gingrich was the last Republican to make a stand. But even he had to resign in disgrace, rightfully so.

Trump will always speak his mind regardless of how it is perceived. For myself, it is like a breath of fresh air. I hope the battles will continue with his inner circle. They happen in plan view. You just have to wade thru all the spin put forth by the opposition. If you don't like the ramblin' of strong people, I would say you are in for 8 years of extreme hinny hurt. :popcorn::popcorn:

MargieRose 07-20-2017 03:38 PM

If I were Jeff Sessions, now seeing the repercussions (especially Comey) of his decision to recuse himself, I would straighten my back, apologize to the President, and UN-recuse myself, forthwith!!

Sessions was wrong to abandon his boss, seemingly to take the heat off of his own butt!!

MargieRose 07-20-2017 03:58 PM

Resign? Hopefully, never. Recuse himself?...

He Didn't Have to Do It

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...stigation.html