Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - Sports (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   French Open: Djokovic v Nadal (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165261)

PhantomOnTour 06-11-2021 04:54 PM

French Open: Djokovic v Nadal

I don't think we have too many tennis fans on this site (besides CJ), but I love the sport, and we have an all time brawl going on right now in Paris.
These dudes are HAMMERING away at each other.
Currently, Djokovic leads 2 sets to 1, but Nadal is up a break in the 4th.
This one will likely go the distance, and rightfully so.

Tune in if you can !

(PS - I'm pulling for Novak)

thaskalos 06-11-2021 06:01 PM

My money is on the GREEK! :ThmbUp:

JimG 06-11-2021 06:22 PM

I am a huge tennis fan and that was a great match.

Jim

woodbinepmi 06-11-2021 06:25 PM

That was fun to watch.

PhantomOnTour 06-11-2021 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2730572)

On the women's side, Greek player Maria Sakkari lost her semifinals match. With all the defections (Barty, Osaka, Brady) and a few upsets, i thought Sakkari would win the tournament.
On the other hand...Stefano Tsitsipas is one of the heir apparents for best in the world once Nadal and Djokovic retire.
The final should be another good one.

TJDave 06-12-2021 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2730572)

I thought these things were decided in advance. ;)

Redboard 06-14-2021 09:14 AM

I'm a big tennis fan/player. I watched both matches and thought they were great. Can't believe joker won after being down 0-2 in sets. I've seen many great 5-set matches between Federrer, Nadal, Borg, Conners, MacEnroe, etc., but I can't ever remember a major final where someone came back from 0-2.

JimG 06-14-2021 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redboard (Post 2731161)
I'm a big tennis fan/player. I watched both matches and thought they were great. Can't believe joker won after being down 0-2 in sets. I've seen many great 5-set matches between Federrer, Nadal, Borg, Conners, MacEnroe, etc., but I can't ever remember a major final where someone came back from 0-2.

I think it has happened twice before but the one I recall was Lendl beating McEnroe in the French Open Final in 1984 after being down 2 sets to none and I believe an early break in the third.

cj 06-15-2021 05:02 PM

First player to come from 2 sets down twice in a major and win. He is my favorite player, even have a dog named Novak.

This was a huge one in the chase to see which of the big 3 gets the most majors as he stopped Nadal from getting one most were already putting in his column then chalked it up for himself.

Novak will be the favorite in the next three, though I don't think the US Open surface is his best. Hard for me to see Fed winning another one, but if he does it would be Wimbledon. It will be interesting to see if Nadal stays together physically for the hardcourt season, that is a constant issue with him. I guess he could win Wimbledon but feels a bit of a longshot to me.

Also, still play all the time though that is going on hold with surgery tomorrow. Be back on the court in a few months!

CheckMark 06-15-2021 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2731483)
First player to come from 2 sets down twice in a major and win. He is my favorite player, even have a dog named Novak.

This was a huge one in the chase to see which of the big 3 gets the most majors as he stopped Nadal from getting one most were already putting in his column then chalked it up for himself.

Novak will be the favorite in the next three, though I don't think the US Open surface is his best. Hard for me to see Fed winning another one, but if he does it would be Wimbledon. It will be interesting to see if Nadal stays together physically for the hardcourt season, that is a constant issue with him. I guess he could win Wimbledon but feels a bit of a longshot to me.

Also, still play all the time though that is going on hold with surgery tomorrow. Be back on the court in a few months!

Good luck CJ with your - surgery tomorrow! Godspeed :ThmbUp: